2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, turf toe said:

If Walker was or is as limited as you suggest why then do opponents send there best edge rushers against Toms? I see the same limitations you describe in early season Walker, I agree he lacks the quick feet of of Bahk or even Toms, but his anticipation and positional aptitude sure have improved, some players take longer to mature, whatever I still think Toms is our LT next season.

Because they know they can consistently get pressure with worse edge players while they still have to help Rasheed. While Tom would eat up the C tier player. In some need it situations teams have definitely flipped players over to Walker.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Dillard was a FRP, a bust. Walker is a 7th round pick who is improving, whether you want to admit it or not. I was his biggest critic early on. He's been better than just serviceable. I have no idea what his ceiling is but will enjoy watching the journey. 

Today will be a big test for him and also Tom. Sweat plays a lot over the RT. It will be a big test for Rhyan as well. 

Dillard was a backup to Mailata (who has been really really good) and played well in his spot duty. The Titans probably took that with their initial draft reports and overestimated where he was at. 

It's not something I have to admit I can see it. I've watched all his snaps multiple times. If i could id take cutups and post them. The anchor isn't improving. I don't know how many ways I can say that... so I'm just going to stop with you.

Believe Rasheed will become all pro no sweat off my back

Edited by HighCalebR

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Dillard was a backup to Mailata (who has been really really good) and played well in his spot duty. The Titans probably took that with their initial draft reports and overestimated where he was at. 

It's not something I have to admit I can see it. I've watched all his snaps multiple times. If i could id take cutups and post them. The anchor isn't improving. I don't know how many ways I can say that... so I'm just going to stop with you.

Believe Rasheed will become all pro no sweat off my back

So, take it to an extreme I never went to try and prove you are, "right!". LOL 

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't see GB messing with the Walker/Tom alignment unless something like injury or poor performance forces a change.  I don't expect GB to flip them with the idea that Tom is better, so let's put Tom at LT.  If GB spends a high pick at OT, that would trigger some shuffling. 

we do it all the time, the best tackle we have becomes the LT,, the best G becomes the LG, we cross train our lineman for the ability to move them to there best position, and Tom is simply quicker afoot then Walker, and the LT makes a lot more then a RT, Tom is going to want that money, I would, and so would you.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

HC is to Walker as AgendaKing is to Love

I don't think I'm that extreme on him lol. I think he's a good backup player.

I just think he's overrated and there's only the positive pff propaganda. OL is hard to watch in real time. For sure I know my idea of what's happening during a game has been off the first time through. So I rewatch it a couple times and am just trying to explain what I can very plainly see.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You act like switching sides is like changing your underwear. Walker has played LT his whole life. Moving to the other side is not easy. It ain't broke, don't try and "fix" it. 

actually he had very good grades as a DT and RT coming out of HS, his best grades at LT where 2020, in 2021 not so good, I'am sure the Packer coaches know whether he can switch sides, imo if he can then he'd be a better RT for us then a LT., Tom is multi positional, he can play either side.

45 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Because they know they can consistently get pressure with worse edge players while they still have to help Rasheed. While Tom would eat up the C tier player. In some need it situations teams have definitely flipped players over to Walker.

I think your probably right, I've noticed we align Walker a step wide, and back him up often in the slot between him and Jenkins, which helps Walker better control the looping edge rusher, with the HB prepared for the inside counter, probably why PFF has upped his pass pro grade.

imho his limitations are more easily dealt with at RT, jmo

27 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

We disagree.  That's fine.  We will know the answer in August.

right, OL is a difficult grade unless ya watch a ton of it, so we'll have to wait to find out what the coaches think

Another thing to remember about Rasheed Walker is that in the "way-too-early mock drafts" he was a guy that had first round buzz from actual NFL scouts based on the notion that he would take a step in his ultimate year of college football.  Turns out, he didn't and his coaches were not that positive about how immature he was (possibly "he didn't take this seriously" is why he did not take that step) but the tools are absolutely there.