The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'm just excited. At this point in time, not much I can do about it, they didn't hire me as a consultant, haha. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch, have some wings, a few beers, and see what happens, that's my theory.

This is me as well.  Beers in the fridge & picking up wings right before it starts.  Good times

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Would the Patriots really want to help the franchise that beat them twice in th Super Bowl...including preventing them from having an undefeated season?

Considering everyone involved is really no longer associated with them, outside of Mayo, who was a player for one of them (not the undefeated season), sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Considering everyone involved is really no longer associated with them, outside of Mayo, who was a player for one of them (not the undefeated season), sure. 

I understand Robert Kraft has a loooong memory!

5 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I understand Robert Kraft has a loooong memory!

I'm sure he probably does.  I don't know how much influence he has on football decisions, however. I know he certainly didn't have much when Bill was there, but who knows now.  But, the Maras could pull rank on Bob, especially since John is on the Competition Committee.  🤣

47 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Would the Patriots really want to help the franchise that beat them twice in th Super Bowl...including preventing them from having an undefeated season?

Why would that matter at all?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Just looking for any reason why NE would rather work a trade with the Vikings instead of the Giants, as both teams are interested in Drake Maye.

Allegedly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

I'd be happy with either Maye or McCarthy, but if JJ comes with a lower price in traded assets, then that helps to tip the scale in his direction.

"You get what you pay for."

• Like 1

A number of final mock drafts, by reputable people, have the Vikings trading up with the Chargers and taking McCarthy. No surprise there. But what is interesting is that they have the Vikings moving up without giving up #23. 

If that becomes reality, it’s gonna be a fun night

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I'd be happy with either Maye or McCarthy, but if JJ comes with a lower price in traded assets, then that helps to tip the scale in his direction.

My Commie source believes that Daniels will be their pick (not here on FF, it's a fan from work) as well, so at least these first 2 picks should be uneventful...but who knows.  I still believe that the Patriots will be more than willing to move down despite all the talk we've seen the last couple of days. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:
8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

"You get what you pay for."

That is such a factually wrong statement with getting what you pay for in the NFL especially at QB, The ratings are so messy and the results are so messy. If Penix were the Vikings draft pick, it's possible he'll be best QB in year one and two. McCarthy in the same offense could be as well and that might be enough to propel either of them to be the best QB in the draft and they'd not be considered 1, 2 or 3 for most people.