Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's really this simple.  Rodgers has earned every bit of the current negativity. Not sure why anyone would find it surprising.

A dozen years from now, the negatives will be an afterthought and Rodgers will rightfully be thought of as the best player to ever wear a Packers uniform.

best thing Rodgers did was force Murphy to step up and do what was over do, Ted's health had drastically declined, and McCarthy's offense had stagnated after the decline of skill position talent, promoting Gutekunst and firing the HC and hiring Lafleur turned this team around, yeah Rodgers🙂

20 minutes ago, turf toe said:

best thing Rodgers did was force Murphy to step up and do what was over do, Ted's health had drastically declined, and McCarthy's offense had stagnated after the decline of skill position talent, promoting Gutekunst and firing the HC and hiring Lafleur turned this team around, yeah Rodgers🙂

Are you saying Rodgers was responsible/ catalyst for the transition from TT to Gutekunst?

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Are you saying Rodgers was responsible/ catalyst for the transition from TT to Gutekunst?

yes I think he had a hand in it, obviously team building was on the decline, when ya don't spend resources on offense or a position that helps Rodgers score points something is wrong, and we hadn't in years, when ya miss on more players then ya hit in the first couple rounds  years in a row, something is wrong, imo Ted needed to resign in 2016, and we either needed to replace receiver talent, or re scheme the offense as Lafleur did as soon as he got here, we kept McCarthy around to long too.

so obvious that Rodgers was upset during the 2017 season, even said in a couple pressers that the team needed change, as soon as the season was over and Ted was demoted, Murphy gave him a 120 mil. Rodgers still had two full season on his remaining contract, now why do you suppose he did that? what seems likely to me is that Rodgers was probably asking for A trade, and Murphy pacified him with money and probably even promises, which where never kept.

so ya of course I think Rodgers actions and words behind closed doors led to Murphy taking action.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, MacReady said:

Losers always whine about division titles and being better than their division.

Winners take home Lombardis.

It’s as simple as that.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:46 PM, beekay414 said:

You tried saying this in a Sean Connery accent didn't you?

And we all know what happened to the Prom Queen in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 6:48 PM, beekay414 said:

Rodgers was flat out adored by the fanbase until he sandbagged it at the end of the McCarthy tenure and became bigger than the team and just continued to compound on it from then on. You don't pull that **** in a blue collar state. 

On 7/15/2023 at 7:29 AM, Mazrimiv said:

It's really this simple.  Rodgers has earned every bit of the current negativity. Not sure why anyone would find it surprising.

A dozen years from now, the negatives will be an afterthought and Rodgers will rightfully be thought of as the best player to ever wear a Packers uniform.

I don't disagree with any of these posts.

But the back to back MVP's keeps me from being negative towards him.

'bout the best I can come up with is this....dude could really own the regular season.  The last 2 out of 3 regular seasons were beautiful.

But we knew what was coming in the playoffs.  We hoped for different outcomes, but in our heart, we knew what was going to happen.

58 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't disagree with any of these posts.

But the back to back MVP's keeps me from being negative towards him.

'bout the best I can come up with is this....dude could really own the regular season.  The last 2 out of 3 regular seasons were beautiful.

But we knew what was coming in the playoffs.  We hoped for different outcomes, but in our heart, we knew what was going to happen.

well they call them play offs because the best teams play in them, Normally that is, after a 16 game season teams have tons of film to figure out what a offense will do and how to defend against them, so the challenge to win requires being able to come up with plays the opposing defense is not prepared to stop, and that becomes harder with less skill position talent, we all know this, teams will search skill position talent if they can afford to buy it hoping that adding him will make them harder to stop and bring home the trophy.

The job has been harder for us because we lack that diversity, Lafleur had to make do with one great receiver, one great RB, basically zipe at TE and a bunch of level 3 or 4 receivers, simply adding in a average #2 receiver or league average TE would have created more complexity for opposing DC to scheme against and a simpler task for not only Lafleur, but by extension Rodgers.

so much these days goes into deceiving defenses, the less skill position talent a team has obviously will make that job harder.

5 minutes ago, turf toe said:

well they call them play offs because the best teams play in them, Normally that is, after a 16 game season teams have tons of film to figure out what a offense will do and how to defend against them, so the challenge to win requires being able to come up with plays the opposing defense is not prepared to stop, and that becomes harder with less skill position talent, we all know this, teams will search skill position talent if they can afford to buy it hoping that adding him will make them harder to stop and bring home the trophy.

The job has been harder for us because we lack that diversity, Lafleur had to make do with one great receiver, one great RB, basically zipe at TE and a bunch of level 3 or 4 receivers, simply adding in a average #2 receiver or league average TE would have created more complexity for opposing DC to scheme against and a simpler task for not only Lafleur, but by extension Rodgers.

so much these days goes into deceiving defenses, the less skill position talent a team has obviously will make that job harder.

Just for my own amusement, how many new plays do you think a team comes up with each playoff game?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Not sure what you are driving at here.

The reason #12 laid eggs in the playoffs is because he played better defenses and he wasn't up to the task.

We've had plenty of video analysis of guys waving their hands at Rodgers with no one around them to see that the issue wasn't plays, or lack of players.  The issue was the guy under center locking in on one guy and flat out refusing to go elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just for my own amusement, how many new plays do you think a team comes up with each playoff game?

sorry Alex, my goal in life is not to amuse you, but I'd bet at least several, and the better the talent is, the easier it is and more likely to be successful those plays may be

2 minutes ago, turf toe said:

sorry Alex, my goal in life is not to amuse you, but I'd bet at least several, and the better the talent is, the easier it is and more likely to be successful those plays may be

Single best throw that I've seen Rodgers make (and there are tons to choose from), was the Super Bowl throw to the right slot on like third and 12 to Jennings.

When interviewed, the Steelers knew that play was coming, they doubled Jennings.  Rodgers still threw that risky ball (which he did back then), and it was perfectly placed.  Jennings caught it and essentially, it ended the game.  

It isn't so much as coming up with new plays, as it is executing what you can do and doing it well.  There's not much "new" at the end of the season and into the playoffs, it is about finding your best plays that work against defenses that you are going to see.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Not sure what you are driving at here.

The reason #12 laid eggs in the playoffs is because he played better defenses and he wasn't up to the task.

We've had plenty of video analysis of guys waving their hands at Rodgers with no one around them to see that the issue wasn't plays, or lack of players.  The issue was the guy under center locking in on one guy and flat out refusing to go elsewhere.

and there is the same type of film showing other great QB's not seeing open receivers to, and in PO games as well.

the best way to stop a QB from developing tunnel vision with one very good receiver is to add another very good receiver.

when a QB avoids looking at another receivers it has to do with trust of that receiver.

look at Rodgers history, he spreads the ball around a lot when he has a room of quality talent.

1 minute ago, turf toe said:

and there is the same type of film showing other great QB's not seeing open receivers to, and in PO games as well.

the best way to stop a QB from developing tunnel vision with one very good receiver is to add another very good receiver.

when a QB avoids looking at another receivers it has to do with trust of that receiver.

look at Rodgers history, he spreads the ball around a lot when he has a room of quality talent.

When Qb's are taking record deals, they need to make due with less.

Mahomes just did it, and made it look pretty seamless.

The best quarterbacks come off of first reads and have contingencies for plays.

Ours did not.

Just admit it, it's okay.  Rodgers didn't play well in the playoffs the past few years.  He played against better competition and wasn't up to the task.  This isn't even a hot take anymore, it is pretty easy to see and understand.

It takes nothing away from his legacy.  It just is what it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Single best throw that I've seen Rodgers make (and there are tons to choose from), was the Super Bowl throw to the right slot on like third and 12 to Jennings.

When interviewed, the Steelers knew that play was coming, they doubled Jennings.  Rodgers still threw that risky ball (which he did back then), and it was perfectly placed.  Jennings caught it and essentially, it ended the game.  

It isn't so much as coming up with new plays, as it is executing what you can do and doing it well.  There's not much "new" at the end of the season and into the playoffs, it is about finding your best plays that work against defenses that you are going to see.

Rodgers never stopped throwing risky balls, he threw into double coverage all last season, tight pin point throws right from the start to Watkins, who dropped it like a red hot rivet, same with Doubs, later Doubs started holding on. point is Rodgers never stopped throwing what you consider a risky pass, he just didn't pre plan doing it.

I like that Rodgers doesn't and really never acted as nonchalantly as Favre was about throwing into traffic.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

When Qb's are taking record deals, they need to make due with less.

Mahomes just did it, and made it look pretty seamless.

The best quarterbacks come off of first reads and have contingencies for plays.

Ours did not.

Just admit it, it's okay.  Rodgers didn't play well in the playoffs the past few years.  He played against better competition and wasn't up to the task.  This isn't even a hot take anymore, it is pretty easy to see and understand.

It takes nothing away from his legacy.  It just is what it is.

Mahomes didn't make do with less, he still had 3 skill position players the Eagles had to contend with, and a great defense, and we havn't for eons, and KC has had that for half a decade, while we are the worst in the league stopping the run, never had a top 10 defense and one quality receiver, and RB and a bunch of mid round raw 3 years to develop jag receivers.

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

Rodgers never stopped throwing risky balls, he threw into double coverage all last season, tight pin point throws right from the start to Watkins, who dropped it like a red hot rivet, same with Doubs, later Doubs started holding on. point is Rodgers never stopped throwing what you consider a risky pass, he just didn't pre plan doing it.

I like that Rodgers doesn't and really never acted as nonchalantly as Favre was about throwing into traffic.

LOL!

• Like 1