Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

43 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

All this hoopla over showing up for OTAs, hanging out with Jets teammates, brining in his preferred former Packers, hiring Hackett, taking a huge pay cut, etc. Very little talk of the single most important ingredient to Aaron Rodgers success: time to throw. When he's had it, most of his career in Green Bay, he's been one of the best to ever play the position. When he hasn't had it, very rarely the case as a Packer, he's been decidedly mediocre. Remind me again how the Jets have shored up their below average (if not downright poor) OL. I'm somewhat shameful of the secret enjoyment I've held this offseason as the Jets front office remains blind to just how much Rodgers owes his success to elite offensive line play.

A quarterback needs time to throw? Shocking revelation. You can say this about literally every QB in the league. I'm old enough to remember Mahomes losing a Super Bowl because he spent the whole game running for his life.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm hoping the receiving talent is enough to help Love shine, but the inexperience all around at receiver and tight end probably is going to limit a lot for Love. 

Thats my biggest concern. Everyone wants to compare this team to the 2008 Packers but fail to realize this team is in a completely different stage of rebuild then it was back then.

We were coming off an NFC Championship appearance and a 13 win season. We also had a good mix of veteran and young offensive skill players.

This year its almost entirely first/second year players. There's a reason our head coach has been trying to temper expectations for this year.

53 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

All this hoopla over showing up for OTAs, hanging out with Jets teammates, brining in his preferred former Packers, hiring Hackett, taking a huge pay cut, etc. Very little talk of the single most important ingredient to Aaron Rodgers success: time to throw. When he's had it, most of his career in Green Bay, he's been one of the best to ever play the position. When he hasn't had it, very rarely the case as a Packer, he's been decidedly mediocre. Remind me again how the Jets have shored up their below average (if not downright poor) OL. I'm somewhat shameful of the secret enjoyment I've held this offseason as the Jets front office remains blind to just how much Rodgers owes his success to elite offensive line play.

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

A quarterback needs time to throw? Shocking revelation. You can say this about literally every QB in the league. I'm old enough to remember Mahomes losing a Super Bowl because he spent the whole game running for his life.

You are so hyper-sensitive over your small idol that you rush to defend any comment about him. There was no jab at Rodgers in his post. Only pointing out the Jets offensive line might be a real issue. You immediately jump in with a snarky reply because your reflex is to defend Rodgers.

Go see a therapist and get some help. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You are so hyper-sensitive over your small idol that you rush to defend any comment about him. There was no jab at Rodgers in his post. Only pointing out the Jets offensive line might be a real issue. You immediately jump in with a snarky reply because your reflex is to defend Rodgers.

Go see a therapist and get some help. 

Go get a job.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Lol. Never took a cent less for the Packers in nigh on 20 years. First year as a Jet…

Where’s your Godgers now?

This isn't hard to understand...at all. This is still a pure "FU Gutey" move by Rodgers. This has always been a multi-step process for Rodgers, starting with forcing the huge contract a few years ago to prove a point, then basically playing his way out of GB last year after 2 MVPs, now showing up to everything in NY and now taking a massive pay cut. The only step left is that Rodgers wants to win a SB with the Jets as a final (in his mind) "see I told you so" to Gute. 

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol we're going to win more games this year than we did last year...

If I'm being honest with myself, I think it will probably be about the same. 9-8 or 8-9 with some close losses that Love probably isn't ready to win this year, but might next year, etc. 

I also simply don't believe enough in Barry to field a defense that is capable of "winning" us any games when/if Love and the offense struggle, especially in the first half of the season. Having him as the DC still remains by far and away the biggest joke of the entire off-season, one that is indefensible in my opinion. 

• Like 3

With his paycut in mind, it is now going to be a MASSIVE failure for Rodgers if he doesn’t win a Super Bowl.

There’s zero reason the Jets aren’t the favorites in the NFL considering that defense and Aaron’s massive paycut.

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If I'm being honest with myself, I think it will probably be about the same. 9-8 or 8-9 with some close losses that Love probably isn't ready to win this year, but might next year, etc. 

I also simply don't believe enough in Barry to field a defense that is capable of "winning" us any games when/if Love and the offense struggle, especially in the first half of the season. Having him as the DC still remains by far and away the biggest joke of the entire off-season, one that is indefensible in my opinion. 

Everyone is going to play 10x looser than last year. Do not take the locker room dynamic lightly. These dudes don't have to walk on eggshells anymore and, as a result, they won't play tight every ******* snap of the season. 10 wins, minimum. 

• Like 2

To give you guys an idea of how flat out torn I am on this human being...

I literally just bought his Jets jersey for my collection. I'm not an unabashed Aaron Rodgers hater. I have a soft spot for the man I adored for years. I'm also a full fledged Jordan Love supporter. It's like I'm a man that's coming out of a known toxic relationship and found a beautiful, amazing supportive partner but I'm still somehow attached to something I know is only going to hurt me. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate Aaron Rodgers as it stands today but I loved the man and elevated him on Sundays (sounds weird right?). I basically bought this damn jersey on pure vanity. I drunkenly went on the Jets pro shop, saw that they only had my size and that the jersey was on sale. Mistakes happen. Leave me alone.

That being said, I'll still openly say **** Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

To give you guys an idea of how flat out torn I am on this human being...

I literally just bought his Jets jersey for my collection. I'm not an unabashed Aaron Rodgers hater. I have a soft spot for the man I adored for years. I'm also a full fledged Jordan Love supporter. It's like I'm a man that's coming out of a known toxic relationship and found a beautiful, amazing supportive partner but I'm still somehow attached to something I know is only going to hurt me. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate Aaron Rodgers as it stands today but I loved the man and elevated him on Sundays (sounds weird right?). I basically bought this damn jersey on pure vanity. I drunkenly went on the Jets pro shop, saw that they only had my size and that the jersey was on sale. Mistakes happen. Leave me alone.

That being said, I'll still openly say **** Aaron Rodgers.

There’s no need to be torn. It’s perfectly fine to say Aaron Rodgers did a lot for GB, and he’s one of the greatest to ever do it.

it’s also fine to say the past few years he’s been a prick. And since it’s new , it’s ok to be upset. 

We can be upset at him now but appreciate him overall ( and we should) 

• Like 1