PIT
CLE
BAL

I think after the course of the season it will look like:

CIN
CLE
BAL
PIT

I think Pickens is a stud but I think Dionte is overrated and I think his #s seem better than he actually is. Seems super inconsistent to me whenever I watch. Also think Robinson is washed so going into 2024 I think Pittsburgh will have 1 stud (Pickens) and a couple of guys they're going to be looking to upgrade from.

I also think Bateman finally stays healthy this year and shocks some people with how good he'll be (averaged 19 YPR and seemed to be turning a corner a bit through 6 games before injury last year). 

Cleveland to me is just rock solid all around where none of those guys are 1200 yard types but all 3 could hit 800+ depending on usage.

I could see BAL overtaking CLE by the end of the year if either OBJ looks like he did late-season with LAR or if Flowers actually lives up to the billing of a 1st round WR

Edited by Ray Reed

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Why isn't it Pittsburgh? 2 freak athletes in Pickens and Robinson, and Johnson is solid all around? 

Because Allen Robinson is a washed WR3, Pickens hasnt done anything and Dionte Johnson remains the leagues most overrated WR who only produces when he gets 15 targets a game.

Kenny Pickett only throwing 1 TD pass every other game isnt helping.

Edited by AkronsWitness

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

CIN is clearly #1, but who is #2?

I would put CLE as #2 without factoring in TE's since BAL is basically all "What if" and we have no idea how good Zay Flowers will be. CLE has a bonafide #1 but after that it's a bit meh...

Can Flowers perimeter block?

Sans Cinci, they're all bad. 

#1 Cleveland's Cooper is a known soft *****. Moore busted in New Jersey. DPJ is talented, I like him as well.

#2 Pittsburgh's #1 caught zero TD's last year (starting all 17 games and catching 87 passes). That is dysfunctional for an offense. Their #2 is talented, I do like him. Their #3 is washed.

#3 Baltimore is relying on two injury-riddled starters and a tiny catch radius (with an erratic passer). Bateman and Flower are all potential at this point.

14 hours ago, scar988 said:

Why isn't it Pittsburgh? 2 freak athletes in Pickens and Robinson, and Johnson is solid all around? 

Allen Robinson is a freak athlete? He is a solid #2 WR on a good day. Their WR group consists of a bunch of solid guys that can make a spectacular play here & there. Zero consistency. They aren’t way off or anything—I just can’t live with the Allen Robinson is a freak athlete thing. 

This is tough, as all of these other groups depend on some projecting. Give me Cleveland though. I absolutely loved Elijah Moore coming out & Cooper/DPJ are solidly #1’s and #2’s in the NFL. It’s not an easy question though. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:54 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Because Allen Robinson is a washed WR3, Pickens hasnt done anything and Dionte Johnson remains the leagues most overrated WR who only produces when he gets 15 targets a game.

Kenny Pickett only throwing 1 TD pass every other game isnt helping.

As opposed to Elijah Moore's "great" career which Pickens has virtually matched already or DPJ who's done nothing of merit in his career...

28 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

As opposed to Elijah Moore's "great" career which Pickens has virtually matched already or DPJ who's done nothing of merit in his career...

Who said Moore was great?

DPJ had more catches, yards and a better catch percentage than Pickens last year. So technically if he is the bar none of them have done anything of merit in their careers.

So basically it is Cooper vs. Johnson. Johnson barely out gained DPJ last year and had no TDs. Cooper must win as default.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Who said Moore was great?

DPJ had more catches, yards and a better catch percentage than Pickens last year. So technically if he is the bar none of them have done anything of merit in their careers.

So basically it is Cooper vs. Johnson. Johnson barely out gained DPJ last year and had no TDs. Cooper must win as default.

And Pickens has a lot more potential than anyone on the Browns. So by these accounts, it's back at a stalemate.

I’d go Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Baltimore, as of now.

Cleveland gets the nod because Cooper’s the best, most proven receiver of the bunch. Diontae and Pickens are probably next, being dragged down by A-Rob. Baltimore’s banking on boom years from Zay and Bateman to be in the conversation.

42 minutes ago, Duluther said:

And Pickens has a lot more potential than anyone on the Browns. So by these accounts, it's back at a stalemate.

Potential is just a guess though. My reply was to someone who said DPJ never did anything of merit after having a better season last year than Pickens, although it was close.

I might even lean towards the Steelers being better at WR if the QB play was the same, so I'm not really invested in arguing overall. DPJ just seems to get no respect at all when he should get some.