Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Yeah, but we’ve had 2 QB about as good as anyone could ask for the last 30 years and still only have 2 SB to show for it.

12 teams have never won a Super Bowl. I don't know how old you are but atleast you got to see your team win two. Ask Buffalo fans what they would do just to win one.

There are some very reasonable differing opinions on this.  Yes...Rodgers just won the MVP an the front office management probably would have been vilified. But now looking back in perfect 20-20 hindsight it would have been better to trade him. Its over. A draft haul would have been fine IF we hit on those picks.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Worst move Gute has made as GM of the Packers.  Passed up a draft haul for a non serious chance of going all-in.  

He never tried to go all in. It was all to save face so he didn't look bad trading the reigning MVP away. He wasted a Super Bowl window because he wanted to do it with his own guys and not people Ted Thompson picked. 

People on this forum were clowning on Joe Douglas because he "hasn't done anything" all off season. Atleast the Jets can field a competitive team with sub standard QB play. The Packers look completely lost and I have no idea who's going to definitively be on this roster 2 years from now. Somebody has to be responsible for this disaster of a season. 

11 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

There are some very reasonable differing opinions on this.  Yes...Rodgers just won the MVP an the front office management probably would have been vilified. But now looking back in perfect 20-20 hindsight it would have been better to trade him. Its over. A draft haul would have been fine IF we hit on those picks.

It's not hindsight from me.  I called for it after that pitiful loss to the 49'ers.  It was so obvious that the Packers had gone as far as they could go with #12. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, StatKing said:

They created the salary cap problem by trading Rodgers. He would have taken a paycut like he did for the Jets if Gute wasnt an absolute snake. This man has been drafting for the future the last 4 drafts and we still suck.

Rodgers wasn't taking ANY pay cut ... period.  He wanted to be top paid dog throughout his entire career in GB and in no way, shape or manner would he take a pay cut.  Matter of fact, him taking that pay cut with the Jets was the biggest piss me off of Rodgers ever.  What a poke in the eye for the Packers.  If you think that .. you are goofier than I imagined.