Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

He's being outplayed by Josh Dobbs.

This one isn’t fair. The Vikings found what looks like the next great left tackle. They have Hockenson, Addison and are loaded with offensive talent. Dobbs also has loads of NFL starting experience.

I was impressed with Love today - there were definitely times when he looked like he the potential to be a high end QB with some really good throws.

The % and interceptions obviously need to get better but I'm prepared to give him this year providing he shows potential which he has and judge his numbers next year.

Still concerned he will always be patchy with a relatively low ceiling and end up in the 'too good to move on, not good enough to be a top 10 QB' category.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

This one isn’t fair. The Vikings found what looks like the next great left tackle. They have Hockenson, Addison and are loaded with offensive talent. Dobbs also has loads of NFL starting experience.

It's Josh Dobbs. I don't think it's a high standard to want him to play better then a textbook journeyman QB.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

not everybody. just those who watched the game instead of just looking at the box score

I watched the game. He didn’t have a good game. He was at 16/29 for 172 yards until his first interception drive. That’s not a good game. That’s actually a bad game. Then he had two really good drives he ended with interceptions.

He’s not what you think he is. He’s going to be out of a starting role within the next three years. 

Just now, MacReady said:

I watched the game. He didn’t have a good game. He was at 16/29 for 172 yards until his first interception drive. That’s not a good game. That’s actually a bad game. Then he had two really good drives he ended with interceptions.

He’s not what you think he is. He’s going to be out of a starting role within the next three years. 

don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of your commitment to this!

• Like 2

Just now, StatKing said:

It's Josh Dobbs. I don't think it's a high standard to want him to play better then a textbook journeyman QB.

If Love was in Dobbs’ shoes right now this season he’d look exactly like Dobbs. Give Dobbs three more weeks and he’ll show you why he’s a journeyman QB. That situation is a backup’s dream. Just like 2011 was for Flynn.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

He isn't getting a second year here at this rate.

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I don't whats more annoying, being a total troll about it or trying to be rational. Either way, at least I know you'll flip when these pups become dogs and Love is leading us on a run, the others will just vanish.