Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

10 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Ill say it again, Rodgers made everyone better - from management to coaches to players. He knew it and Gute knew it, one was going to win out. If he were still on the Packers this team could quite possibly be undefeated. The team doesn't lack talent, the team lacks leadership.

What happened last year then? 

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Aaron is far from washed. 

AR still has skills...thats not in question IMO - but it was time to cut the cord. He'd become very "eqo-centric" and disruptive. In short, he'd stopped being a team player and was borderline disinterested (in actions) while professing to love GB and wanting to retire a Packer. 

That - plus - we'd been around the entire block with the guy and the holes in his game were recognized by many GB fans (not all - but many) and they weren't going to change. It was time. Personally, I'm glad he's gone.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers wasn't good last year and was clearly slowing down.  Now he's got a repaired Achilles.  I need to see a few games to convince me that he's still got it.  If by chance he plays again this year it's going to be behind a pretty bad OLine.  

He wasn't good by his standards.

14 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Ill say it again, Rodgers made everyone better - from management to coaches to players. He knew it and Gute knew it, one was going to win out. If he were still on the Packers this team could quite possibly be undefeated. The team doesn't lack talent, the team lacks leadership.

If Rodgers was on this team, we’d be 4-5. 

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Atleast we were in the mix. This season was over after the first month.

We were barely in the mix. We started the season just as poorly as this season (4-8) and then struggled to score more than 6 points in a must win game against the Lions at home. He was dreadful last year.

Just now, Leader said:

AR still has skills...thats not in question IMO - but it was time to cut the cord. He'd become very "eqo-centric" and disruptive. In short, he'd stopped being a team player and was borderline disinterested (in actions) while professing to love GB and wanting to retire a Packer. 

That - plus - we'd been around the entire block with the guy and the holes in his game were recognized by many GB fans (not all - but many) and they weren't going to change. It was time. Personally, I'm glad he's gone.

We agree but the reason he wanted out was because of the disrespect. It was a power struggle between him and Gute, Gute won. But to say they are a better team with Love is laughable.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

life comes at you fast in the NFL

if we had benched Rodgers last year when he got the thumb and let Love get those last 6-8 games or whatever he'd easily be better today. He's got a bit to go, but he's playing far better than it appears right now and when these young guys put it together there's gonna be a lot of smiles and i-told-ya-so's around here

Just now, packerstk7 said:

We were barely in the mix. We started the season just as poorly as this season (4-8) and then struggled to score more than 6 points in a must win game against the Lions at home. He was dreadful last year.

Dreadful by his standards. We were 3-1 until he broke his thumb but nobody gives him the injury pass like everyone is doing for this year. Love would kill to have Rodgers numbers right now.

Just now, incognito_man said:

life comes at you fast in the NFL

if we had benched Rodgers last year when he got the thumb and let Love get those last 6-8 games or whatever he'd easily be better today. He's got a bit to go, but he's playing far better than it appears right now and when these young guys put it together there's gonna be a lot of smiles and i-told-ya-so's around here

No doubt, the play was to trade him 2-3 years ago when they could have received a pot of gold. Love is not a rookie, far from it. He looks good in moments but so many QB's do.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Dreadful by his standards. We were 3-1 until he broke his thumb but nobody gives him the injury pass like everyone is doing for this year. Love would kill to have Rodgers numbers right now.

I am in your camp, the spoiled rotten children just want the next best treat instead of enjoying the one they already have.