Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Just now, CWood21 said:

I would assume it's Tua.  He's about to go into his 5th year option.

Tua also works for me as a baseline for what I'd expect Love to sign for.  I'd expect Love to come in lower, but still be in the general neighborhood.

This is all based on the expectation that Love continues playing at a level somewhere close to where he's been the past few weeks.  If he regresses, that changes the conversation.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Tua also works for me as a baseline for what I'd expect Love to sign for.  I'd expect Love to come in lower, but still be in the general neighborhood.

This is all based on the expectation that Love continues playing at a level somewhere close to where he's been the past few weeks.  If he regresses, that changes the conversation.

Tua is probably more likely to reset the QB market.  Or at least push into the top 5 of QBs in terms of AAV.  He's arguably been a top 5 QB statistically speaking.  Now, I'd probably argue he's a bit of a byproduct of McDaniels and Tyreek Hill, but he's easily the next highest paid QB.  The medicals are the only thing that might hurt his argument.  But he's also been significantly better than Joran Love up until this point.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think there’s a conspiracy. Shutting down the J Love thread in the NFL Gen forum just before he takes off. It’s like they knew 

NFL General already thinks the Packers' posters are insufferable.  Imagine if we had a reason to be.  Oh wait, we do.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Tua is probably more likely to reset the QB market.  Or at least push into the top 5 of QBs in terms of AAV.  He's arguably been a top 5 QB statistically speaking.  Now, I'd probably argue he's a bit of a byproduct of McDaniels and Tyreek Hill, but he's easily the next highest paid QB.  The medicals are the only thing that might hurt his argument.  But he's also been significantly better than Joran Love up until this point.

I agree with all of this.  That doesn't change my expectation that if Love plays in December like he has in November, his next deal won't be too much lower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I agree with all of this.  That doesn't change my expectation that if Love plays in December like he has in November, his next deal won't be too much lower.

Still think Tua is one more concussion away from being a serious contender for retirement. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

And now let's ask the question...

Would you trade Love for Tua or Lawrence?

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Definitely not Tua but I've always thought he kind of sucks anyways, plus he has concussion concerns. Closer for me between Love and Lawrence.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

NFL General already thinks the Packers' posters are insufferable.  Imagine if we had a reason to be.  Oh wait, we do.

Theres a lot of receipts that need to be accounted for . 

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Two of the most overrated QBs out there. People wanna complain about Love’s ball placement?? Go watch Tua. 

Lawrence is just a bad QB living off of pre-draft hype. 

Im still not going to completely say Love will be better. I will say, I’ll take the risk because I don’t trust Lawrence or Tua to get me to where I need to be without a ton of help 

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Since 2021, the QB franchise tag value has gone up on average $4.3M assuming that the 2024 franchise tag is closer to OTC's value ($38.032M).  Let's go ahead and round that up to $5M.  That's a franchise tag value in 2025 of $43M plus another $48M in 2026 if they were to go down that route.  So at a bare minimum, Jordan Love would be under contracts for 3 years, $104M.  That would be in a situation where Love plays out his contract and then the Packers subsequently franchise tag him twice.  But if he's signing an extension, he's probably getting more money upfront likely in the form of a signing bonus that would push his 2024 cash flow to be higher in exchange for a lower AAV.  That's going to push his AAV down.  If he wants $45M+ AAV, then he's probably not getting much in the way of a signing bonus if he was set to become a FA this offseason.  Based on what he's done so far, he's probably $40M-$42M AAV.  If he continues to play well, then he's probably pushing $45M.  But he's absolutely not sniffing $50M+ unless he plays like he did the last 2 games for the rest of the season.

2nd franchise tag would be 120% of previous year.  So 43 x 1.2 = 51.  Just noting your total was good, but the math to get there was off

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Theres a lot of receipts that need to be accounted for . 

Two of the most overrated QBs out there. People wanna complain about Love’s ball placement?? Go watch Tua. 

Lawrence is just a bad QB living off of pre-draft hype. 

Im still not going to completely say Love will be better. I will say, I’ll take the risk because I don’t trust Lawrence or Tua to get me to where I need to be without a ton of help 

I'll take Love. I said it in the off-season and stand by it 

• Like 2