Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I know you'll all be pleased to know Colin Cowherd has officially declared "He was wrong" about Jordan Love :)

Any video of this yet? Found the video .. he's still hedging a bit on him, but he's seeing the potential to be a franchise QB, albeit not a great one.  Likes GB's offensive culture compared to a lot of other teams with young QB's.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Any video of this yet? Found the video .. he's still hedging a bit on him, but he's seeing the potential to be a franchise QB, albeit not a great one.  Likes GB's offensive culture compared to a lot of other teams with young QB's.

These guys have no ******* idea what they're talking about.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If Love plays well vs KC receipts will have to be paid in the Gen forum. 

and if he plays well and we win… Lord have mercy . 

if Love plays well we should petition for the Love is in the air thread to be unlocked.  Since it'd be purely for us to gloat, webby should do it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. basically.

That's a different segment than I'd referenced - which was earlier and hasnt been posted far as I can see.
Basically he's gone from "He's a backup" to he can see growth and on the "Right/Wrong" segment, he'd determined he was wrong.

He'll come around based on Love's play.

Case in point: Pickett. He was never high on Pickett - thought PIT drafted the wrong guy because he was local and Pickett's play has cemented his opinions.

In light of Love improving his BAD play for that four/six week stretch(deal with it), here’s what has to happen.

We must reach the postseason this year. Even at the cost of the draft pick. We NEED that experience.

We will extend Love in the middle of next season. That will be an extension. We will still have him next year very cheap.

We will use our draft capital to get two NFL ready players. DeJean for his special teams readiness (and mid season DB readiness) and an OT or RB.

We will win the Super Bowl.

Considering we will have Reed/Musgrave/Watson/Doubs/Kraft and a first round RB/OT for the next two-three years, we will give Love the chance to win one more Super Bowl up until the time our rising stars need new deals.

We will only have two major contract other than Love. That’s Gary and Alexander. If Clark extends, it won’t be huge. We will have Wyatt and LVN still for a couple years on rookie deals.

Before the end of Love’s next extension, no matter what, WE MUST TRADE HIM.

Trade him at 27 or 28 years old, turn our cap situation into the best in the NFL, get four first round picks over three years (in addition to our own), and get things ready for a four year window on our next quarterback’s rookie salary 4 year window (after they sit for the first year).

I do not want to watch another 15 year all-time great QB career go down the drain with only one Super Bowl win to show for it.

FFS the Bears have been to as many Super Bowls in the past 20 years as we have. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's a different segment than I'd referenced - which was earlier and hasnt been posted far as I can see.
Basically he's gone from "He's a backup" to he can see growth and on the "Right/Wrong" segment, he'd determined he was wrong.

He'll come around based on Love's play.

Case in point: Pickett. He was never high on Pickett - thought PIT drafted the wrong guy because he was local and Pickett's play has cemented his opinions.

After listening to Cowherd and that other idiot talk in that segment I have even less of an interest in thier opinion on Love than I did before. And I didn't think that was possible lol

Edited by Arthur Penske

Extend Jordan Love for 10 years at 400 million dollars. Give him a big SB and some guaranteed money. 50/50 let's say, maybe more. It will give us cap flexibility well into his deal and it will become a steal within 4 years. 

Might also quiet the dude who posted 2 posts up to zip it about trading a franchise quarterback when they are 28-29 years old. 

Nobody will win a Super Bowl with the quarterback making more than 12% of the salary cap.

Oh wait, nobody but Patrick Mahomes will win a Super Bowl with the quarterback making more than 12% of the salary cap.

Until the next one, then it will be nobody but Patrick Mahomes and so and so......................................................... 12% of the salary cap. 

Edited by Old Guy

14 minutes ago, MacReady said:

In light of Love improving his BAD play for that four/six week stretch(deal with it), here’s what has to happen.

We must reach the postseason this year. Even at the cost of the draft pick. We NEED that experience.

We will extend Love in the middle of next season. That will be an extension. We will still have him next year very cheap.

We will use our draft capital to get two NFL ready players. DeJean for his special teams readiness (and mid season DB readiness) and an OT or RB.

We will win the Super Bowl.

Considering we will have Reed/Musgrave/Watson/Doubs/Kraft and a first round RB/OT for the next two-three years, we will give Love the chance to win one more Super Bowl up until the time our rising stars need new deals.

We will only have two major contract other than Love. That’s Gary and Alexander. If Clark extends, it won’t be huge. We will have Wyatt and LVN still for a couple years on rookie deals.

Before the end of Love’s next extension, no matter what, WE MUST TRADE HIM.

Trade him at 27 or 28 years old, turn our cap situation into the best in the NFL, get four first round picks over three years (in addition to our own), and get things ready for a four year window on our next quarterback’s rookie salary 4 year window (after they sit for the first year).

I do not want to watch another 15 year all-time great QB career go down the drain with only one Super Bowl win to show for it.

FFS the Bears have been to as many Super Bowls in the past 20 years as we have. 

I'm down as long as if we draft him we can say DeJeanzzz and/or Defensive Jordy.

Having two South Dakotans on the 2024 GB packers? One word. Las Vegas, Nevada Superbowl, baby.

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

After listening to Cowherd and that other idiot talk in that segment I have even less of an interest in thier opinion on Love than I did before. And I didn't think that was possible lol

That's fine....but it's actually mirrored what he was seeing. A few weeks back....would you have gone on a national platform and declared "Love's gonna win SBs in Green Bay?" I doubt it.

His comments back then were consistent with what he was seeing. Now...was he adding nuance to his reporting: "The usually strong OL is blocking for **** and his WRs are running all over the field like chickens with their heads cut off?" No. So you take it with a grain of salt.

I'm biased and have said so. I want Love to be the guy. Simply because it would meld into the organizational decision making and would dovetail with the general development stage of many roster spots. It fits...but, I'll admit that his play earlier in the year....had me concerned and I'm pleased to see progress from him. 

I'll be looking for more of it this week....when he's gonna be facing a serious DC and his schemes. If our OL can hold up (better than when we last played KC) and Love can still find his guys........t'sall good 👍 and I suspect the national pundits opinions will register the same.

53 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

These guys have no ******* idea what they're talking about.

It's 2024. There is soooooo much free content on the internet that is infinitely better than these network and talk radio doofuses. It blows my mind that people still care what Colin Cowturd has to say about football.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Extend Jordan Love for 10 years at 400 million dollars. Give him a big SB and some guaranteed money. 50/50 let's say, maybe more. It will give us cap flexibility well into his deal and it will become a steal within 4 years. 

Might also quiet the dude who posted 2 posts up to zip it about trading a franchise quarterback when they are 28-29 years old. 

Nobody will win a Super Bowl with the quarterback making more than 12% of the salary cap.

Oh wait, nobody but Patrick Mahomes will win a Super Bowl with the quarterback making more than 12% of the salary cap.

Until the next one, then it will be nobody but Patrick Mahomes and so and so......................................................... 12% of the salary cap. 

I love how people use Mahomes.

Like, “Der all it takes is the best, most gifted QB of the past 40 yearz to get it done this ProVez the 12% rule is duM.”

Mahomes defense also gave up more postseason points than any other Super Bowl winning team in the history of the NFL. Mahomes had like 17 clutch moments. Trailed multiple times throughout the postseason. Had literally the best postseason performance by a QB ever. Won the Super Bowl by 3 points. Championship game by 3 points. Divisional game by 7 points. A single muffed punt and it doesn’t happen.

But lOl the 12% rule is DED dead.

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I love how people use Mahomes.

Like, “Der all it takes is the best, most gifted QB of the past 40 yearz to get it done this ProVez the 12% rule is duM.”

Mahomes defense also gave up more postseason points than any other Super Bowl winning team in the history of the NFL. Mahomes had like 17 clutch moments. Trailed multiple times throughout the postseason. Had literally the best postseason performance by a QB ever. Won the Super Bowl by 3 points. Championship game by 3 points. Divisional game by 7 points. A single muffed punt and it doesn’t happen.

But lOl the 12% rule is DED dead.

its really annoying that you capitalized the O, but not the l's in LOL

• Like 2