Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

6 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Meh...

Your defensive coordinator can't lose you games if you don't put him into a position to do so after 3 and a half quarters.

Yup, despite all the issues, trials and tribulations of this game .. Love put them in position to win with 90 seconds left in the game.  Leave it to Barry as has been shown this year to ****** success out of the air and leave in defeat. 

Changing your opinion on a quarterback on a weekly basis is for fools. Save that for the defensive coordinator.

CJ Stroud was awful last week, just awful. He's also a rookie and lost his favorite target the week before. He's likely going to be just fine. Will Levis has put up a couple of awful games and a few pretty good games. Making judgements on how they will pan out long-term at this point is lunacy. 

ALL quarterbacks have good and bad game, even in their prime. Patrick Mahomes had 5 games this year under 6.0 yd/a. I think the Chiefs should trade him! LOL

Jordan Love did not have a great game last night. He was off the mark on several throws. You know who else had a **** game last night? HIs play caller/HC. MLF was awful last night, there is no way around it. 

Jordan Love was clutch when we needed him the most, at the end of the game. Jordan's WR's at that point were Doubs, Toure and Heath. Got us in the endzone. He went back to Heath after he dropped a perfect pass in the endzone. Showed leadership, trust in a young guy and poise in the biggest moment of the game.

People overanalyzing his every snap, game have no life and are bat**** crazy. Dude is going to be fine. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Will Levis is defying all odds.

Defensive coordinator.

Low talent at skills (Hopkins is not the same).

Rookie year, no time to sit.

Close to 60% and above 7.1 YPA.

He’s in a worse situation than people accused Love of being in and he’s performing better.

After last night, Love fell below 7 YPA again on the season. He had a DREADFUL 5.6 YPA.

CJ Stroud is the top of this class and there’s no doubt about that. The Texans are devoid of offensive talent and they have a first year DEFENSIVE head coach. If Stroud doesn’t retire with a Super Bowl win, he got hurt (bad), or the Texans fail him.

Will Levis is second though.

Nico Collins and Tank Dell would like a word.

Also, Dalton Schultz is no slouch.

They finally ran into it with injuries against a top defense on the road, but they certainly have a good OL and weaponz (TM) around him. The place they're lacking is RB, and that's partially because Pierce is so out of place in the zone scheme that they want to run.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Motion sets are fine....strategic even....but we were actually giving the ball up to run laterally way too often IMO.

Hell...I think we ran at least two double reverses....maybe with a flea flicker added in there!

Give it a break Coach.

As for deep vertical patterns....I cant say how often somebody was run deep given how I tend to follow the ball, but we certainly didnt complete anything along those lines - and while it may not be optimal, Toure, Heath etc....these guys are capable of running fly or post patterns. Now...whether #10's gonna get the ball there with any semblance of depth and accuracy? A different thing. He needs to get better.

You missed the point.

The point being, the simple threat of Watson out there leads to different coverages.  And that is regardless of whether or not Love throws an accurate deep ball.

Regarding the motion sets, I didn't like the double reverse.  But the TD was a thing of beauty, for sure.

It also opened up some stuff for Dillon inside.

Like you, I thought we overused the motion guy, but I do like those sets.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You missed the point. The point being, the simple threat of Watson out there leads to different coverages.  And that is regardless of whether or not Love throws an accurate deep ball. Regarding the motion sets, I didn't like the double reverse.  But the TD was a thing of beauty, for sure. It also opened up some stuff for Dillon inside. Like you, I thought we overused the motion guy, but I do like those sets.

He made two nice TD throws. The latter was a thing of beauty...as well as an *excellent* reception by Mr. Heath. I'll be open to being surprised by him. He's at an odd stage now. An accurate pass can CLANK off his hands for no reason - and he can make a nice snag like the one last night. Go figure.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Changing your opinion on a quarterback on a weekly basis is for fools. Save that for the defensive coordinator.

CJ Stroud was awful last week, just awful. He's also a rookie and lost his favorite target the week before. He's likely going to be just fine. Will Levis has put up a couple of awful games and a few pretty good games. Making judgements on how they will pan out long-term at this point is lunacy. 

ALL quarterbacks have good and bad game, even in their prime. Patrick Mahomes had 5 games this year under 6.0 yd/a. I think the Chiefs should trade him! LOL

Jordan Love did not have a great game last night. He was off the mark on several throws. You know who else had a **** game last night? HIs play caller/HC. MLF was awful last night, there is no way around it. 

Jordan Love was clutch when we needed him the most, at the end of the game. Jordan's WR's at that point were Doubs, Toure and Heath. Got us in the endzone. He went back to Heath after dropped a perfect in the endzone. Showed leadership, trust in a young guy and poise in the biggest moment of the game.

People overanalyzing his every snap, game have no life and are bat**** crazy. Dude is going to be fine. 

I thought Love took a step forward in the game.

Blitz awareness and protections.  He was rattled early by the interior blitz.  Balls floated, he looked spooked back there.

But as the game wore on, he recognized them, changed protections and made some clutch throws.

Overall I feel like his game looked bad.  But I'd say that under a microscope, he played better as the game went on.

And I don't feel like MLF helped him too much with the play calls.  Obviously having RB1, TE1, arguably WR1 and LT1 on offense really would have helped.

I still feel like Love is going to be just fine.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well there we have it. Guess we can close this thread. Case closed :)

Nope, not what my point was. There is a poster who comes in here every week, like he has manic depression and either rants or praise Love depending on how he played that week.

That **** is only allowed in the Fire Joe Barry thread. 😇

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Nope, not what my point was. There is a poster who comes in here every week, like he has manic depression and either rants or praise Love depending on how he played that week.

That **** is only allowed in the Fire Joe Barry thread. 😇

Statboy?

Btw...the :) emoticon is intended to indicate humor.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

He made two nice TD throws. The latter was a thing of beauty...as well as an *excellent* reception by Mr. Heath. I'll be open to being surprised by him. He's at an odd stage now. An accurate pass can CLANK off his hands for no reason - and he can make a nice snag like the one last night. Go figure.

No worries, but I feel like we are talking about two different things.

I thought the Jet motion TD was a thing of beauty.  And that motion opened up things for Dillon.

I was talking about the motion sets, I feel like you are talking about Love (He), then Heath.

And I'm really good with Heath.  Looks to be a great #4 or #5 WR that doesn't hurt you when he has to play.

Just now, vegas492 said:

No worries, but I feel like we are talking about two different things.

I thought the Jet motion TD was a thing of beauty.  And that motion opened up things for Dillon.

I was talking about the motion sets, I feel like you are talking about Love (He), then Heath.

And I'm really good with Heath.  Looks to be a great #4 or #5 WR that doesn't hurt you when he has to play.

Geeezzzz...I was discussing both but my last comment addressed his TD throws only.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Blitz awareness and protections.  He was rattled early by the interior blitz.  Balls floated, he looked spooked back there.

But as the game wore on, he recognized them, changed protections and made some clutch throws.

Overall I feel like his game looked bad.  But I'd say that under a microscope, he played better as the game went on.

And I don't feel like MLF helped him too much with the play calls.  Obviously having RB1, TE1, arguably WR1 and LT1 on offense really would have helped.

That was kind of my point, although maybe not articulated well enough. Love played his best when it mattered most, like so many great quarterbacks do in the NFL. Not saying he's a great quarterback at this point. The thing most young QB's would have done on that last drive when they've been playing poorly is fold. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Statboy?

Btw...the :) emoticon is intended to indicate humor.

No, he only shows up, I guess because he's on ignore, when Love plays poorly. 

It was the joker a couple of posts before me. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Meh...

Your defensive coordinator can't lose you games if you don't put him into a position to do so after 3 and a half quarters.

That sack that Love took to make the FG much more difficult was the second week in a row we failed there. Last week we got ourselves out of it, this week the missed FG was arguably the difference in the game. Those situations have to be treated with more focus. Have an escape to get the ball out instead of losing 10+ and putting that much more on the rookie kicker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He is what he is right now .. inconsistent.  We know he's got it in him to play close to elite level NFL QB, but we also know that he needs a lot of work on his mechanics.  If he can improve that his accuracy will improve as well.  His deep ball is borderline terrible, and that will need to be a major focus for him this offseason.  Mechanics plays a big role in that as well. I've been been pretty happy with how he handles the huddle, calls at the line, etc.  I think in time he will get to where we all want him to be.

• Like 1