Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Man are we spoiled by having 30ish years of HOF quarterbacks.

Dak is one of the most efficient quarterbacks in history. He's top ten all time in passer rating and INT%  

But as I've said a million times about the interwebs and picking apart quarterbacks... All Quarterbacks Suck!

2-5

40 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not a clue! I do think he's the real deal though, unfortunately. The only hope is he seems to be a little bit aloof. Otherwise, I think the Bears QB woes are over. 

I'll believe it when I see it .. the Bears are a QB killing organization until proven otherwise.  At least they've surrounded this guy with talent .. that should definitely help him, just not sure they actually know how to develop QBs in Chicago. 

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'll believe it when I see it .. the Bears are a QB killing organization until proven otherwise.  At least they've surrounded this guy with talent .. that should definitely help him, just not sure they actually know how to develop QBs in Chicago. 

The truth is most of the league has no clue how to develop quarterbacks. Far too many of them go through trial be fire when they aren't prepared to handle the complexity of NFL defenses. 

I have no idea if Caleb Williams will be able to process defenses fast enough. If he does, he'll stick. If he doesn't, he's going to be a sitting duck. 

The kid impressed me in college. Last year they were just terrible and not sure what he could really do. Sort of like Jordan Love as a junior in college compared to his sub-par senior year. The guys around you matter. 

16 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Yeah, you can disrespect Dak as he is not a highest tier quarterback, but at this point I am happy that the Vikings are rolling with McCarthy. Prescott in Minny would be much scarier.

I would take Mccarthy on a rookie contract over dak on 50/year. Would be hilarious to see minnesota sign him. That team would fall apart by 2026

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wish granted

Who do you think Caleb Williams projects to? 

Everytime I see your avatar I can't stop and think about Homlander (from The Boys) and his creepy obsession with milk and sucking on cows or breasts to get milk

Edited by Eternal

Vert interesting article. I was wondering if the Sunday Ticket lawsuit would impact the salary cap. It has to but to what degree. If the final judgement is 11 billion as this article suggests it could, that is 1.1 billion per year over a 10-year CBA extension. That does not include any interest. The salary cap almost certainly has to go down now.

How does the NFL equitably handle this? I have no idea, but the notion the salary cap is going to continue to go up is not based on economics or logic. There are going to be a lot of veterans who are going to be released in the coming years because of the numbers in their escalating contracts. They are also not going to find as friendly a market as the last contract they signed. I assume some will take pay cuts, the smart ones at least. 

Really a precarious position for the Packers to be in with Love. Give him 10 years for 500 million and it will work out for both in the long run. I don't think you can give him 60 a year average after that verdict. 

Jordan Love could get screwed by NFL Sunday Ticket lawsuit (msn.com)

Edited by Old Guy

18 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Vert interesting article. I was wondering if the Sunday Ticket lawsuit would impact the salary cap. It has to but to what degree. If the final judgement is 11 billion as this article suggests it could, that is 1.1 billion per year over a 10-year CBA extension. That does not include any interest. The salary cap almost certainly has to go down now.

How does the NFL equitably handle this? I have no idea, but the notion the salary cap is going to continue to go up is not based on economics or logic. There are going to be a lot of veterans who are going to be released in the coming years because of the numbers in their escalating contracts. They are also not going to find as friendly a market as the last contract they signed. I assume some will take pay cuts, the smart ones at least. 

Really a precarious position for the Packers to be in with Love. Give him 10 years for 500 million and it will work out for both in the long run. I don't think you can give him 60 a year average after that verdict. 

Jordan Love could get screwed by NFL Sunday Ticket lawsuit (msn.com)

Florio says it has no implication on the cap. I would think it'd effect it, but idk **** about ****.

But also, we wont know the real verdict for like another 4 years.

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Florio says it has no implication on the cap. I would think it'd effect it, but idk **** about ****.

The cap is based on television revenue. So the money the owners have to pay out due to a lawsuit shouldn't be part of the equation. However, if the lawsuit reduces how much revenue the NFL gets from Sunday Ticket going forward, I imagine it would affect the salary cap in the future. 

21 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The cap is based on television revenue. So the money the owners have to pay out due to a lawsuit shouldn't be part of the equation. However, if the lawsuit reduces how much revenue the NFL gets from Sunday Ticket going forward, I imagine it would affect the salary cap in the future. 

But the lawsuit is based on TV revenue. right, so who knows **** about **** here haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Florio is a fool, I think you are aware of that. 

52 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Sunday Ticket is where a whole bunch of the TV revenue came from. The owners, rightfully, are going to be able to argue in the new CBA that revenues are going down due to the payback. 

Given the economics of that deal alone, the cap has to go backwards. The final settlement will be "at least the 4.8 billion," announced. I believe it could go to 11 billion per the article I linked. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Florio is a fool, I think you are aware of that. 

Sunday Ticket is where a whole bunch of the TV revenue came from. The owners, rightfully, are going to be able to argue in the new CBA that revenues are going down due to the payback. 

Given the economics of that deal alone, the cap has to go backwards. The final settlement will be "at least the 4.8 billion," announced. I believe it could go to 11 billion per the article I linked. 

He's a fool but he is a lawyer and he's been the sole guy reporting on this.

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He's a fool but he is a lawyer and he's been the sole guy reporting on this.

The article I quoted is following it as well. The NFL lost the lawsuit. It is going to adversely affect revenue. The salary cap is based on revenue, less revenue, less cap. 

Unless I'm wrong about how they compute the salary cap every year. Which is entirely possible.