Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Ryan Wood -  Second straight week, Jordan Love had choice to extend game making easy play, or let it all ride on one throw. Second straight week, that throw is picked, sealing loss.

“It’s a play I’ve got to learn from,” Love said.

Problem is, he’s repeating mistakes.

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -  Second straight week, Jordan Love had choice to extend game making easy play, or let it all ride on one throw. Second straight week, that throw is picked, sealing loss.

“It’s a play I’ve got to learn from,” Love said.

Problem is, he’s repeating mistakes.

Again, in spite of the fact that no one likes to talk about WRs around here, he was throwing that ball, with the game on the line, to Samori freaking Toure. That's almost criminal to even think about.  

Meanwhile, here's a clip of nearly the same play: 

Sure, this is a better throw by Hurts than Love's attempt but it's also thrown to A.J. Brown who makes the play despite a defender on his back. You need both. There isn't a single WR on the Packers team who makes this catch.  

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Again, in spite of the fact that no one likes to talk about WRs around here, he was throwing that ball, with the game on the line, to Samori freaking Toure. That's almost criminal to even think about.  

Sure, this is a better throw by Hurts than Love's attempt but it's also thrown to A.J. Brown who makes the play despite a defender on his back. You need both. There isn't a single WR on the Packers team who makes this catch.  

Packers #1 WR was injured on the previous play, a long with their #1 TE, how do the Eagles look sans Goedert and Brown?

Injuries suck, we were relatively healthy in 2019 and 2020 and went on two runs, we've been getting our *** kicked the last few seasons, it evens out 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers #1 WR was injured on the previous play, a long with their #1 TE, how do the Eagles look sans Goedert and Brown?

Injuries suck, we were relatively healthy in 2019 and 2020 and went on two runs, we've been getting our *** kicked the last few seasons, it evens out 

Please don't ever refer to Watson as a No. 1 WR dude...

Have you seen him track deep balls? I'd give you 10 to 1 Watson doesn't even get two hands on that ball thrown by Hurts. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's our #1 WR. Look at the snap counts. Toure isn't on the field if he doesn't get hurt.

We need a legit #1.  We've messed around for years and got away with it because of elite talent at QB. Now that we don't have that elite talent at QB the lack of a true Alpha wideout is much more pronounced.  GM's like Howie Roseman acquire true #1's like AJ Brown while Gute trades them away.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need a legit #1.  We've messed around for years and got away with it because of elite talent at QB. Now that we don't have that elite talent at QB the lack of a true Alpha wideout is much more pronounced.  GM's like Howie Roseman acquire true #1's like AJ Brown while Gute trades them away.  

Agree, but #1 WRs don't really matter if the QB can't hit the broad side of a barn past 10 yards.  Defenses play up front and dare Love to throw downfield.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Striker said:

Cowherd is up there with Skip Bayless and Michael Rodney when it comes to people we don't need feedback from.

I was listening to the radio today and an ad played for some sports talk show and about two sentences in I was thinking "now this is a douchebag out absolutely never listen to" 

Turns out the ad was for Cowherd's show. Broke a several years streak of not hearing his voice. My Jim Rome streak remains intact tho

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StatKing said:

The truth hurts.

I was never high on Jordan Love, hell I wrote an entire article about how much I hated the pick, but even I think you talk about it way too much and with too much spite. I want Jordan Love to be good. I don't think you do.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

That's why I keep saying we need an Alpha WR.  It's not like they grow on trees, but we kind of had one of those and traded him way.  I get that Adams age was definitely a factor, but I don't think there has been much decline in his abilities.  The Packers had an offer on the table, but they chose Rodgers over him at the end of the day.  He'd be Love's go-to guy right now, and Watson and Doubs would look really good as a #2 & #3 with the hopes that they would ascend by the time Adams was tailing off.  I think the whole thing was a major miscalculation and should have Gute on the hot seat. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

That's why I keep saying we need an Alpha WR.  It's not like they grow on trees, but we kind of had one of those and traded him way.  I get that Adams age was definitely a factor, but I don't think there has been much decline in his abilities.  The Packers had an offer on the table, but they chose Rodgers over him at the end of the day.  He'd be Love's go-to guy right now, and Watson and Doubs would look really good as a #2 & #3 with the hopes that they would ascend by the time Adams was tailing off.  I think the whole thing was a major miscalculation and should have Gute on the hot seat. 

I agree with this with the one caveat that I think Adams wanted out if Rodgers wasn't going to be there. He's made that pretty clear (which frankly, doesn't reflect that all well on Love). If you could have convinced Adams to stay and play with Love, then yea, that would have been a play worth considering. 

• Like 1