Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

In 2015, you'd have said the same thing about Davante Adams.

Someday people are finally going to learn that Adams is the exception to the rule, not the other way around. It's nauseating how often he gets name-dropped when someone questions any young WR on this team. 

Also, you're typically a pretty informed guy on here. You're not comparing Adams to Doubs or Watson, even from a base talent level, I know you're not. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Also, you're typically a pretty informed guy on here. You're not comparing Adams to Doubs or Watson, even from a base talent level, I know you're not. 

See @beekay414. Right here.

In 2015 if we would've compared Adams to Nelson, this would've been the post. Remember Janis was better than Adams. Dropvante.

Takes 3 years to evaluate a WR. We'll know what Doubs and Watson are by end of next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

And in 2009, you'd have said the same thing about Jordy Nelson.

Packers fans do not learn from history man. 

No, no....Ii very much remember the situation (and associated comments) surrounding Adams 2nd year. It was brutal. I continue to have high hopes for our WRs...improvement can be had....but I'm *really puzzled* by all the bad route running (which was happening last year as well) - I mean, come on guys. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Someday people are finally going to learn that Adams is the exception to the rule, not the other way around. It's nauseating how often he gets name-dropped when someone questions any young WR on this team. 

No, he's a prime example as to why you don't give up too early on guys. Doubs and Watson are talented. If you can't see it, that's a you problem. 

This team is crazy young. Let them grow together and iron out the kinks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think it's a patience issue. I think it's talent, especially for guys like Watson and Doubs. They are decent players, I don't expect them to really ever be anything more. Musgrave - there I'm with you, I see a more talented player who needs time. Reed falls in between. 

So decent young players, but Love needs his alpha. He needs his Jennings, Nelson, Adams. That guy isn't on this team. 

Honestly out of those listed I never really viewed any of them as an "alpha" with the exception of maybe Adams in his last two years. GB always built the receiving room as a collective, so you don't rely on that "alpha" and I believe that is what they are trying to do now with Watson, Doubs, and Reed.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

In 2015 if we would've compared Adams to Nelson, this would've been the post. Remember Janis was better than Adams. Dropvante.

Takes 3 years to evaluate a WR. We'll know what Doubs and Watson are by end of next year.

100%

My dude thinks this is Madden

1 minute ago, Leader said:

No, no....Ii very much remember the situation (and associated comments) surrounding Adams 2nd year. It was brutal. I continue to have high hopes for our WRs...improvement can be had....but I'm *really puzzled* by all the bad route running (which was happening last year as well) - I mean, come on guys. 

It's concepts, not talent. That's on coaching. The route running isn't the issue, it's the play designs. Guys don't know where to be because the plays are ****.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Honestly out of those listed I never really viewed any of them as an "alpha" with the exception of maybe Adams in his last two years. GB always built the receiving room as a collective, so you don't rely on that "alpha" and I believe that is what they are trying to do now with Watson, Doubs, and Reed.

Go back and watch Greg Jennings. He was an alpha. 

It's concepts, not talent. That's on coaching. The route running isn't the issue, it's the play designs. Guys don't know where to be because the plays are ****.

Okay....but in some ways thats a bigger problem than guy's not knowing the playbook or necessary adjustments based on coverage.

100%

My dude thinks this is Madden

It's one thing if they're J'Mon or Amari and just look like a fish out of water. Watson literally has a Randy Moss like stretch and Doubs took over TC both years like he was Jerry Rice.

Has it translated consistently to games? Nope. If it doesn't by the end of next year should we panic? Yup. Right now? Just keep giving them reps and feeding them the ball.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Go back and watch Greg Jennings. He was an alpha. 

I guess we are going to disagree on this. If he was a true alpha he would have succeeded when he left. He was a good player and fit exactly what was needed here. But he was not that true alpha type player at any point in my mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay....but in some ways thats a bigger problem than guy's not knowing the playbook or necessary adjustments based on coverage.

They are either 1st or 2nd year players with no veteran help. It's, again, a coaching issue. MLF has to dumb it down for them until they have a full grasp on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

JaMarcus Russell had Johnny Manziel's work ethic and Maurice Clarett's brain. 

He's the most extreme example

Man, you really overcomplicated that example.

Jamarcus Russell is JaMarcus Russell.  That's all you needed to say.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's gonna take an extra year for Chrissy.  She was really raw coming into the league and has missed a lot of time for far.  Not just games, but practices and camp.  She needs an extra year and she has the physical talent for us to expect her to get that extra year.

• Like 1