Camp/OTA News

ET80

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I hate to be “that guy” but Tank won’t have much of a professional career. 

I disagree. I don’t think he’ll be great, but I do think he’s the sort of guy who carves out a 5-8 year career catching 50-70 passes a year out of the slot.

• Like 1

Even if Dell is just like a Keke Coutee type guy, we could use an athletic playmaker like that. I think he'll be better than Coutee was. 

Bored, made a too early 53 man roster projection..

QB- Stroud, Mills
LT- Tunsil, Heck
LG- Mason
C- Scruggs, Morrissey
RG- Deiter, Green
RT- Howard, Deculus
WR- Collins, Woods, Metchie, Dell, Brown, Hutchinson, Wayne
TE- Schultz, Quitoriano, Beck
RB- Pierce, Singletary, Valladay

RDE- Anderson, Hughes
RDT- Collins, Ridgeway, Lopez
LDT- Rankins, Hinish
LDE- Greenard, Horton, Winovich
WLB- Harris, Cashman
MLB- Perryman, To'oTo'o
SLB- Littleton, Wallow
RCB- Stingley, Phillips
FS- Ward, Hill
SS- Pitre, Stewart
LCB- Nelson, Griffin
SCB- King, Thomas

LS- Weeks
P- Johnston
K- Fairbairn

23 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Even if Dell is just like a Keke Coutee type guy, we could use an athletic playmaker like that. I think he'll be better than Coutee was. 

Bored, made a too early 53 man roster projection..

QB- Stroud, Mills
LT- Tunsil, Heck
LG- Mason
C- Scruggs, Morrissey
RG- Deiter, Green
RT- Howard, Deculus
WR- Collins, Woods, Metchie, Dell, Brown, Hutchinson, Wayne
TE- Schultz, Quitoriano, Beck
RB- Pierce, Singletary, Valladay

RDE- Anderson, Hughes
RDT- Collins, Ridgeway, Lopez
LDT- Rankins, Hinish
LDE- Greenard, Horton, Winovich
WLB- Harris, Cashman
MLB- Perryman, To'oTo'o
SLB- Littleton, Wallow
RCB- Stingley, Phillips
FS- Ward, Hill
SS- Pitre, Stewart
LCB- Nelson, Griffin
SCB- King, Thomas

LS- Weeks
P- Johnston
K- Fairbairn

You think we carry 2 Qb's?  I think Keenum's experience will keep him on the roster.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 8:21 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

I hate to be “that guy” but Tank won’t have much of a professional career. 

tbh i kind of agree lol. Guy is just too small i think. Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up an ST guy

but i would love to be wrong

6 hours ago, tab said:

tbh i kind of agree lol. Guy is just too small i think. Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up an ST guy

but i would love to be wrong

I’m not worried about the size anymore, mostly because defenses are absolutely restricted from doing anything to seriously harm these guys nowadays.

Ten years ago? Sure, Dell doesn’t make it past week 8, someone is absolutely going to rock his universe and send him to the ancestors. But now? Yeah, even looking at a WR with bad intentions will cost you 15 yards and a letter from Goodell with a $15,000 fine attached to it. DBs understand they can’t separate the ball from the receiver with a well timed hit anymore - the league and the officials are going to protect the WR every single time.

Dell will make it simply because the aspects of the game that would ruin him are more or less legislated out of the game now. DBs can’t play with reckless abandon anymore, so Dell is going to have room to operate safely - and I can’t really see his baseline skillset not working in some capacity. 

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’m not worried about the size anymore, mostly because defenses are absolutely restricted from doing anything to seriously harm these guys nowadays.

Ten years ago? Sure, Dell doesn’t make it past week 8, someone is absolutely going to rock his universe and send him to the ancestors. But now? Yeah, even looking at a WR with bad intentions will cost you 15 yards and a letter from Goodell with a $15,000 fine attached to it. DBs understand they can’t separate the ball from the receiver with a well timed hit anymore - the league and the officials are going to protect the WR every single time.

Dell will make it simply because the aspects of the game that would ruin him are more or less legislated out of the game now. DBs can’t play with reckless abandon anymore, so Dell is going to have room to operate safely - and I can’t really see his baseline skillset not working in some capacity. 

I don’t even really think it’s an injury issue tbh, I just think he might get bullied by bigger guys. Is he going to be like.. a slot guy or a deep threat? 

3 minutes ago, tab said:

I don’t even really think it’s an injury issue tbh, I just think he might get bullied by bigger guys. Is he going to be like.. a slot guy or a deep threat? 

I think he’s a slot guy. I can’t see him play much over the top.