2023 EC Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (8) Miami Heat

11sanchez11

12 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

If there was ever a time for a team to come back from down 0-3, it'd be against an 8 seed. 

But I've never seen a postseason run like the Heat are on. It truly is astounding

Without Herro too. Its insane.

32 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

If there was ever a time for a team to come back from down 0-3, it'd be against an 8 seed. 

But I've never seen a postseason run like the Heat are on. It truly is astounding

I saw some stats earlier that the Heat are literally having the #1 postseason of ALL TIME in terms of shot making above expected value. So based off where the shots are being taken and the percentages the shooters in question normally shoot there, no one has ever shot so far above their expected % as the Heat this run. 

This is just the NBA we live in now. Doesn't mean this run isn't special, but in the past this never could happen. Now there's a little more room for variance due to the high volume of 3s and you can have a team just on an insane heater shooting and start making a run.

11 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I saw some stats earlier that the Heat are literally having the #1 postseason of ALL TIME in terms of shot making above expected value. So based off where the shots are being taken and the percentages the shooters in question normally shoot there, no one has ever shot so far above their expected % as the Heat this run. 

This is just the NBA we live in now. Doesn't mean this run isn't special, but in the past this never could happen. Now there's a little more room for variance due to the high volume of 3s and you can have a team just on an insane heater shooting and start making a run.

I mean, the Knicks made the Finals in 1999 after Ewing got hurt. This is obviously rare, but not unprecedented.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, the Knicks made the Finals in 1999 after Ewing got hurt. This is obviously rare, but not unprecedented.

That was a lockout shortened season where the Knicks were 6 games back of the 1st seed, it's a little bit of a special circumstance. For comparison's sake, the Heat had a full season and were 14 games back of the #1 seed. It's a little unprecedented. 

Regardless, when I said "this could never happen in the past" I was referring to a random team just getting hot from 3 and shooting their way into the Finals, because obviously the game was not played anywhere near as much around the 3 point line as today. The Heat are making shots at an all time level right now and that's why they're tearing through the East as an 8 seed. 

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yup.  Way to sloppy.  Regular season it is less of an issue.  Playoffs vs better teams, nor so much

Are there stats for losing the ball while driving to the basket?

Because I feel like Tatum would definitely be at the top