2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

43 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Stroud is playing well enough right now that if we kept Fields  next year, and ANY of Caleb/Maye/Daniels/Penix look anywhere near that good, Poles needs to be fired.

How much different does he look running Getsy’s post-script Tecmo Bowl offense though? He wouldn’t be a bum, but he wouldn’t be this either. No chance. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

How much different does he look running Getsy’s post-script Tecmo Bowl offense though? He wouldn’t be a bum, but he wouldn’t be this either. No chance. 

This is the same argument as "well we didn't pick Mahomes" all over again...drop Mahomes into the situation we had here at the time and he isn't the QB we know today without Andy Reid, a year behind Alex Smith, HOF TE & WR & probably another 100 things we don't even know about...

The situation these guys land in is so much more important than most give it credit for.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Surely this isn't even being played tomorrow.

The replies to this Tweet are some of the most ridiculous things that I have ever read. I really hope that 90% of them are just sarcastic trolls.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

The replies to this Tweet are some of the most ridiculous things that I have ever read. I really hope that 90% of them are just sarcastic trolls.

You can never overestimate the internet comment section, never. 

We just had a big online kerfuffle in our schools FB group about how bad the drop off traffic was getting and what could be done, and the most vocal guy was going on about how kids walking should have to wait to cross the streets only every five minutes (in the cold!) to ease traffic and how cars should be prioritized since everyone knows it's not safe to walk in Chicago and on and on and we finally had to ask where he was coming from that he felt that way.  Turns out he was from Boca and had never been to Chicago and just had real strong opinions about our neighborhood school.  I volunteered to sit on his local zoning board since i had zero knowledge about it to return the favor for his helpful contributions.  Jeebas.  

• Like 2