49era 2023 OTA thread

49erurtaza

Good to hear that Lance was able to keep his improved mechanics in the actual team drills. There's another jump for him to make before OTAs. This is just off two months of real training after the season. 

Darnold fumbling a snap with no DL in front of him is pretty funny but for course with how his career has gone thus far lol.

• Like 1

FAR too early to make any definitive statement but it really does seem like Bell will make the 53 man roster and is going to be groomed to take Jennings spot as early as 2024. Bell seems to have what Shanny looks for his WR3 and he's not scared to make tough catches in the middle of the field. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

FAR too early to make any definitive statement but it really does seem like Bell will make the 53 man roster and is going to be groomed to take Jennings spot as early as 2024. Bell seems to have what Shanny looks for his WR3 and he's not scared to make tough catches in the middle of the field. 

I'll be curious to see if they carry 6 receivers and 4 tight ends. Given that it's probably a lock that they carry 3 QBs and they almost always carry heavy defensive line, they are going to thin out on roster spots pretty quick.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll be curious to see if they carry 6 receivers and 4 tight ends. Given that it's probably a lock that they carry 3 QBs and they almost always carry heavy defensive line, they are going to thin out on roster spots pretty quick.  

Yeah, I think barring injury, we will be carrying 6 WRs....unless Shanny just gets rid of Gray this early? I mean let's be real, he was drafted to play with Lance and if Lance is not part of the long-term plans, what is his value on the team? 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I think barring injury, we will be carrying 6 WRs....unless Shanny just gets rid of Gray this early? I mean let's be real, he was drafted to play with Lance and if Lance is not part of the long-term plans, what is his value on the team? 

I have 6 making it, Deebo, BA, Jauan, Ray-Ray, Gray & Bell, I think Gray is still in their plans, plus he proved his worth on STs as a gunner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

I have 6 making it, Deebo, BA, Jauan, Ray-Ray, Gray & Bell, I think Gray is still in their plans, plus he proved his worth on STs as a gunner.

Yeah, I'd bet on those six making it as well. But I can see an scenario if Purdy is healthy and good to go, that they move off of Gray as his impact is going to be limited on this team.

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I can't quite put my finger on who he reminds me of watching his highlights. The closest I've gotten so far is a less explosive Emmanuel Sanders. 

This roster is so loaded, it's going to be very interesting to see who we move on from. Hopefully we can get some draft picks for some of these guys instead of just cutting them. I'm really curious to see what happens with Ambry Thomas, TDP, and Kinlaw - although Wilks has been singing his praises. Those WR and CB rooms are going to be very competitive.