Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think you're lucky that these missed the deadline for Week 13: in my opinion, taking the ball out of Mahomes' hands is nonsensical. Yes, Chubb is great, and, yes, he seems to protect the ball, but Mahomes is still the most valuable piece in that offense. The sim refuses to go all-in one way or another, so Chubb still has his place, but Mahomes is easily the most valuable asset in this league (aside from Tucker), and you've surrounded that asset with elite weapons.

TL;DR: AI is wrong here.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think you're lucky that these missed the deadline for Week 13: in my opinion, taking the ball out of Mahomes' hands is nonsensical. Yes, Chubb is great, and, yes, he seems to protect the ball, but Mahomes is still the most valuable piece in that offense. The sim refuses to go all-in one way or another, so Chubb still has his place, but Mahomes is easily the most valuable asset in this league (aside from Tucker), and you've surrounded that asset with elite weapons.

TL;DR: AI is wrong here.

Well, lets just see.

Ruskie has likely watched every one of his games, and has agreed with the decision

I will feed your team in and see if you agree with the AI choices.

47 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey @TheKillerNacho: any changes that need to be made to the league to make this more manageable for you? More of a gap between games? Earlier trade deadline? Other ideas?

ive thought about it but as it stands the pacing is perfect for two seasons every NFL offseason so if i increased the gap i'd probably have to reduce it to one season per year (which is something else ive considered)

• Like 1

@TL-TwoWinsAway

Heres what we got:

Sure, I can help you with a slider suggestion that will make best use of your roster. 

1. Run Chance: 70 - Given the roster's questionable passing game, it might be wise to lean heavily on the run and hope for those elusive "big plays" in the ground game.

2. RB1 Chance: 75 - With the lack of star power in the passing game, your RB1 should be well-prepared to carry the team's hopes on their shoulders, or rather, their legs.

3. Field Goal Try: 50 - In moments of desperation (which could be frequent), your team can attempt field goals to salvage some semblance of points from what appears to be a rather challenging offensive lineup.

4. Offensive Aggression: 30 - Embrace a conservative approach, since "big plays" in your case might involve your opponents struggling to contain their laughter as they watch the offensive struggles unfold.

5. Defensive Aggression: 85 - Let your defense take the lead, as they'll likely be the main source of excitement and anticipation in games, and you'll want to increase the odds of those "big plays."

6. Run Defense Priority: 90 - Make it crystal clear that your defense should be on high alert against the opposing team's running game, as that might be their best chance for success against your team.

Remember, these suggestions aim for strategic success based on your roster's strengths and glaring weaknesses. Feel free to adjust these values based on your preferred playstyle.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Well, lets just see.

Ruskie has likely watched every one of his games, and has agreed with the decision

I will feed your team in and see if you agree with the AI choices.

Two things:

1. I think Ruskie would've agreed with whatever decision the AI overlords gave him.
2. I think Ruskie is a bit jaded by the loss.

I had Rodgers for a few seasons and I always felt underwhelmed, especially after a loss, despite the obvious truth: he was undoubtedly elite. He'd have a sequence where he threw a few incompletions in a row and I'd want to get rid of him, but it's easy to become numb to greatness when you aren't the victim of constant mediocrity.

I also learned last year that personnel far outweigh sliders. I'd welcome the opportunity for my opponents to go pass-heavy on defense: Mahomes will still Mahomes, and it'll only help out Chubb.

If you've got one of the elite QBs, doing anything but 30 run chance is a wasted opportunity, imo.

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

@TL-TwoWinsAway

Heres what we got:

Sure, I can help you with a slider suggestion that will make best use of your roster. 

1. Run Chance: 70 - Given the roster's questionable passing game, it might be wise to lean heavily on the run and hope for those elusive "big plays" in the ground game.

2. RB1 Chance: 75 - With the lack of star power in the passing game, your RB1 should be well-prepared to carry the team's hopes on their shoulders, or rather, their legs.

3. Field Goal Try: 50 - In moments of desperation (which could be frequent), your team can attempt field goals to salvage some semblance of points from what appears to be a rather challenging offensive lineup.

4. Offensive Aggression: 30 - Embrace a conservative approach, since "big plays" in your case might involve your opponents struggling to contain their laughter as they watch the offensive struggles unfold.

5. Defensive Aggression: 85 - Let your defense take the lead, as they'll likely be the main source of excitement and anticipation in games, and you'll want to increase the odds of those "big plays."

6. Run Defense Priority: 90 - Make it crystal clear that your defense should be on high alert against the opposing team's running game, as that might be their best chance for success against your team.

Remember, these suggestions aim for strategic success based on your roster's strengths and glaring weaknesses. Feel free to adjust these values based on your preferred playstyle.

I was fine with Run Chance 70 when I had two #1 RBs. Can't do it now. (Not to mention that Tannehill is protecting the football as good as anybody this season.)

I also dislike high RB1 Chance: I think it screws you up late in games. Those drive-killing 1-2 yard gains with that late lead are the reason why the trailing team gets those late chances to come back.

... I also don't want to attempt 67 yard field goals. That's insanity.

Low OAggression, which I tried early, made for a boring and ineffective offense. As I've increased the sliders, I've found more offensive success.

The only thing I agree with here is the DAggression.

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

ive thought about it but as it stands the pacing is perfect for two seasons every NFL offseason so if i increased the gap i'd probably have to reduce it to one season per year (which is something else ive considered)

Before resorting to only one season, would it make any sort of sense to have a "quicker" odd season? Sim the first seven at once, then a 3-4 day gap, then the next two (which would include the trade deadline), then the last seven? Regular playoffs? Would allow the league to keep two seasons and still allow for rotating players and trades, but should take far less work. The even season would remain what it is now.

Just trying to think outside the box a bit. Hate that it seems like so much work.

TBH I think Chubb is one of the few backs in the league that can handle a max workload as RB1. And the sim usually does a good job of still providing touches to the backup.

Nick Chubb [12 GS]: 192 carries for 957 yards (4.98 YPC, 39 LNG), 5 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 13 receptions for 180 yards (13.85 YPR, 30 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 1 drop.
Antonio Gibson [12 GS]: 111 carries for 484 yards (4.36 YPC, 21 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 24 receptions for 232 yards (9.67 YPR, 21 LNG), 1 touchdown, 3 drops.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

TBH I think Chubb is one of the few backs in the league that can handle a max workload as RB1. And the sim usually does a good job of still providing touches to the backup.

Nick Chubb [12 GS]: 192 carries for 957 yards (4.98 YPC, 39 LNG), 5 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 13 receptions for 180 yards (13.85 YPR, 30 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 1 drop.
Antonio Gibson [12 GS]: 111 carries for 484 yards (4.36 YPC, 21 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 24 receptions for 232 yards (9.67 YPR, 21 LNG), 1 touchdown, 3 drops.

Absolutely. With Mahomes, I'd still set at 30 Run Chance and never look back.

This gives the added benefit of doing everything in your power to avoid those late-game deficit up-the-middle runs as well, an added bonus.

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I was fine with Run Chance 70 when I had two #1 RBs. Can't do it now. (Not to mention that Tannehill is protecting the football as good as anybody this season.)

I also dislike high RB1 Chance: I think it screws you up late in games. Those drive-killing 1-2 yard gains with that late lead are the reason why the trailing team gets those late chances to come back.

... I also don't want to attempt 67 yard field goals. That's insanity.

Low OAggression, which I tried early, made for a boring and ineffective offense. As I've increased the sliders, I've found more offensive success.

The only thing I agree with here is the DAggression.

Im just the messenger so make sure you dont kick me in a hole

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Before resorting to only one season, would it make any sort of sense to have a "quicker" odd season? Sim the first seven at once, then a 3-4 day gap, then the next two (which would include the trade deadline), then the last seven? Regular playoffs? Would allow the league to keep two seasons and still allow for rotating players and trades, but should take far less work. The even season would remain what it is now.

Just trying to think outside the box a bit. Hate that it seems like so much work.

Nacho just delayed games by a single day though

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Imagine if chubb wasnt so tired though from overwork

14 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Two things:

1. I think Ruskie would've agreed with whatever decision the AI overlords gave him.
2. I think Ruskie is a bit jaded by the loss.

1. Yes
2. Eh, to some extent. I've not been one to change sliders on weekly basis in quite some time, and usually tried to make adjustments based on 4 week quarters of the season. Over the seasons I'd started to nail down what I thought was a good slider setup for the team I had. And through the first half of the season it was working; although there were certainly close calls that my team fell on the right side of. But after a 34-13 trashing against another playoff contender, change needs to be made. Could it have been a tiny chance of things not breaking my way? Sure, maybe, but that sort of beatdown is simply unacceptable. Edit: Unacceptable if you want to compete.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But after a 34-13 trashing against another playoff contender, change needs to be made. Could it have been a tiny chance of things not breaking my way? Sure, maybe, but that sort of beatdown is simply unacceptable. Edit: Unacceptable if you want to compete.

I know what you mean. Late last season, I had the top record and got completely outplayed by a team that was trying to lose. It doesn't feel good, and you start to wonder just how much you need to blow things up. (Not that I'm telling you anything that you don't already know.)

It stings. Stay the course.