Video Game Recommendation Request Thread

MacReady

I'll start.

So others may follow.

After Hogwarts Legacy and now Dead Space, I want something light, but with plenty of hours. Something like a simulation game, or a building game or a strategy game with stuff I can get distracted by like I did with Fallout 4 and the settlement building. Doesn't have to be a building game or a simulation game, but I'd prefer that area, like strategy or simulation or something like that.

I'm considering No Man's Sky, Dredge, Stranded: Alien Dawn, Aliens: Dark Descent.

Or something like Pokemon: Arceus Legends. I read up on the other Pokemon and I don't think I'd like them as much as this one, but I really liked that all I had to worry about was catching all those different Pokemon X amount of times. I got burnt out on trying to get every single thing finished, not just enough to complete the Pokedex or whatever it was called, but catch the exact number and fill up every single thing on every single Pokemon. One day I'll get back and finish that, but not for a while.

I don't want anything that's real world type stuff I don't think and I'd prefer some sort of fantasy/sci fi/ horror scenario.

Jurassic World 1 and 2 were perfect for me.

I've got a PS5 and a Switch, so PS5, PS4 if it's compatible or Nintendo Switch.

Or if there's something that fits what I'm looking for perfectly that's an older console game, I'd consider YOLOing and buying a new console.

I also have an original Xbox and I've been considering getting Aliens versus Predator Extinction.

So a Starcraft type real time strategy game would be awesome as well.

I have tried Google, but Google is **** for helping with this and it just tells me all the main releases for PS5. I know there are more games I haven't heard of because I don't know how TF to search for something I'm this picky about and I don't read up enough on video games to remember/see all the ones that might interest me.

If you haven't played NMS yet, I would give it a shot. It definitely follows a lot of what you are looking for. I struggle with it because I am more of a "give me a goal/quest" guy and a lot of it is you doing your own thing and figuring it out, but still, it's pretty cool.

Another recommendation would be Stellaris. 

• Like 2

Never really played, just watched others, but you might want to look at Animal Crossing.

May not be exactly your cup of tea, but based on what youre looking for, it fits pretty well.

Edited by 43M

15 hours ago, Xmad said:

Not yet, exclusivity deal for valheim ends in september with xbox so give it some time.

Oh I sold my ps5 so I don’t care it’s not lol.  I was just thinking of a game that could be relative but I did know it wasn’t on switch.  

Edited by Squanchy

• 2 weeks later...

I got banned for two weeks and forgot about this.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I tried Stranded: Alien Dawn. It's super good. Should have went with They Are Billions though. That one looks perfect for what I was looking for.

Instead of Pokémon try Cassette Beasts. I haven't played it myself but it's sitting at 97% positive ratings on steam and my friend who is a big Pokémon fan loved it. I've seen it described as: it's like if game freak still cared about Pokémon. The soundtrack is a banger too. It's also like 15 bucks.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 7:26 PM, Geek said:

Instead of Pokémon try Cassette Beasts. I haven't played it myself but it's sitting at 97% positive ratings on steam and my friend who is a big Pokémon fan loved it. I've seen it described as: it's like if game freak still cared about Pokémon. The soundtrack is a banger too. It's also like 15 bucks.

Or free on gamepass

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 7:26 PM, Geek said:

Ooooohhhh, I'm definitely going to have to try that one.