2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

Really bummed the Heat couldn't beat that offer without including Herro. I feel like the Lowry/Duncan/picks offer was much better even if it was just a 1st and a 2nd. 

They still might have anyway. Beal chose the Suns. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What type of package would Dame go for? A lot of chatter about the Heat right now. 

Does Herro / Jovic / Duncan and picks get it done?

Along with like three first rounders? Probably does get it done. The Blazers will want to do Dame right and if he wants Miami, that's where he will go.

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Apparently trading a dude who didn't help the Suns in the playoffs and a dude who was a negative in the playoffs for Bradley Beal doesn't help the Suns. Like 95% of the bball ppl who I follow say this is a nothing trade lol. 

It definitely helps them in the case of they gave up nothing valuable to get him. But the dude is an injury prone score-first playoff underachiever, who quit playing defense years ago, isn't a leader, and whose skillset is not maximized on the Suns in the slightest. I'd still take Denver over them without thinking about it.

Edited by Mox

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

injury prone

He played 82/82, 82/82, 57/72, 60/72, and 50/72 in 5 of his last 6 seasons. He has basically only had one major injury in his career. In the rest days era that is probably a normal amount of gms to miss for a #1 option. 

28 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He played 82/82, 82/82, 57/72, 60/72, and 50/72 in 5 of his last 6 seasons. He has basically only had one major injury in his career. In the rest days era that is probably a normal amount of gms to miss for a #1 option. 

He hasn't played over 60 games since 2019, and he's not getting any younger. 

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He got shut down for tanking reasons this year and 2/3 previous szns were shortened szns. 

Weird, I could've sworn he missed over 20+ games before the last stretch of the year, as well double-digit games both of those shortened seasons. Oh wait, he did.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Or Beal is just a terrible fit with Booker and Durant and people realize that. This isn't 2K. 

he is a lot better fit than cp3. cp3 won't shoot the basketball unless it is a middie off a pnr. it was easy to help off cp3 cause unless no one closes out at all he won't shoot a C&S shot. 

beal also averaged more drives per gm than giannis, jimmy butler, fox, booker, siakam, harden, westbrook, donovan mitchell, ant edwards, etc last year. he finished 9th in drives per game. something the suns desperately lacked with cp3. i saw beal was 41% on c&s 3s over the last 5 szns. 

he also finished 2nd in scoring 2x in the last 4 szns. he's 1 of 7 players who have averaged 8 fts per gm and 8 3s attempted per game in a szn in nba history. again two areas of weaknesses for the suns.  

ppl think the suns don't need more offense but in the 4 losses v denver the most points they scored was 107, they averaged 99 points in those gms. 

all 3 of booker, kd, and beal are great catch and shoot shooters and know to play off ball. it it a great fit offensively w/o question.