OhioG

Who throws the best pass  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who throws the best pass

• Brett Hundley
    • Deshone Kizer
    • Drunk Hornby and Kiwibrown

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So much impact? Im sorry guys, Im just going to have to disagree with this one which is fine. Im holding him to the same standard I did of Bosa, who I view as similarly skilled (Garrett more athletic but less technically sound). Im sorry, but all I see from him is the same bull rush (and its not even the same as the beginning of the year, then you saw the explosion and bend) I just don't see the same things as some of you, is fair to expect some type of impact coming from your #1 overall pick up 14 facing a predictable passing offense? 

If you want to be the wet blanket then so be it. I won't stop you.

Here's the funny thing. We obviously played not to lose offensively. It was like Hue had this feeling of "I know something is gonna go wrong so lets be extra conservative". Then, all of a sudden when he has the opportunity to make the smart decision, 3rd down and 4, to run the ball and force Green Bay into using their final timeout, he of course calls a pass play that falls incomplete. I'm not gonna debate about whether or not Njoku should have made the catch or not, it's about calling that play, period. Gordon and Coleman if I counted correctly had 3 total targets in the second half.

I blame both sides of the ball equally today.  Kai looks better at FS than Peppers though, he's taking away options when playing zone.  Kindred is clearly the starting SS, so we should play Kai at the other spot and just find ways to get Peppers on the field situationally.

But overall I'm gonna continue to question a defensive philosophy that gives limited QBs like Hundley the easiest throws for free.

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I blame both sides of the ball equally today.  Kai looks better at FS than Peppers though, he's taking away options when playing zone.  Kindred is clearly the starting SS, so we should play Kai at the other spot and just find ways to get Peppers on the field situationally.

But overall I'm gonna continue to question a defensive philosophy that gives limited QBs like Hundley the easiest throws for free.

Peppers has so much versatility, and they've used literally none of it.  How to you use a guy who runs a 4.4, plays the run like a WLB, blitz, can return punts/kicks, play RB, etc?

You have him play 25 yards from the LOS and return punts.

Harbaugh already showed everyone how to use Peppers, but apparently Gregg and Hue know better.

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Start Peppers over Burgess at WLB. Leave KIA at FS and Kindred at SS. 

24 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Here's the funny thing. We obviously played not to lose offensively. It was like Hue had this feeling of "I know something is gonna go wrong so lets be extra conservative". Then, all of a sudden when he has the opportunity to make the smart decision, 3rd down and 4, to run the ball and force Green Bay into using their final timeout, he of course calls a pass play that falls incomplete. I'm not gonna debate about whether or not Njoku should have made the catch or not, it's about calling that play, period. Gordon and Coleman if I counted correctly had 3 total targets in the second half.

Njoku makes that catch we might be as irritable as we all are.

46 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Njoku makes that catch we might be as irritable as we all are.

If Hue played the entire second half trying to score points then it's a different story. He didn't, though. Once we scored the touchdown to put us up two scores, he was playing the clock the rest of the half, up until the critical play call where he really could have made things hard for the Packers. He gifted them a clock stoppage while allowing them to keep their time out. They ended up with just enough time to score the tying touchdown because of the decision.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peppers has so much versatility, and they've used literally none of it.  How to you use a guy who runs a 4.4, plays the run like a WLB, blitz, can return punts/kicks, play RB, etc?

You have him play 25 yards from the LOS and return punts.

Harbaugh already showed everyone how to use Peppers, but apparently Gregg and Hue know better.

I understand the difficulty though because you're asking a lot for a guy his size to play LB in the NFL, you already have a box safety in Kindred, and his coverage skills don't seem good enough to play nickel.  His jack of all trades, master of none, criticism he carried with him before the draft might have some credence.  I don't think the proper response to that is to line him up at FS and make your defense worse if that role was basically made for Nacua's vastly superior instincts in coverage.  One thing we'll see is if with Sashi gone Peppers will still play tons of snaps or if the coaching staff really likes him that much.

But I hate Gregg's scheme as well.  I was generally annoyed by the tv coverage basically slurping the Packers all game but they made what I felt were valid points about where we line up Scho, our FS, our corners playing 9 yards back.  To his credit he has added some clever blitzes here and there today with Kindred that brought some pressure but we give up so many easy checkdowns and short stuff.  Maybe it's the talent at DB and LB because we make no plays in coverage.

29 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

If Hue played the entire second half trying to score points then it's a different story. He didn't, though. Once we scored the touchdown to put us up two scores, he was playing the clock the rest of the half, up until the critical play call where he really could have made things hard for the Packers. He gifted them a clock stoppage while allowing them to keep their time out. They ended up with just enough time to score the tying touchdown because of the decision.

That a double edged sword.  If Hue plays less conservatively and asks Kizer to close out the game he's going against the conventional wisdom which he's been getting butchered for all year, that we abandon the run game.  The play calling definitely fell off after the 2nd half though.

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

That a double edged sword.  If Hue plays less conservatively and asks Kizer to close out the game he's going against the conventional wisdom which he's been getting butchered for all year, that we abandon the run game.  The play calling definitely fell off after the 2nd half though.

This. I don't think the play calling was as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be. Crowell was running well and this was one of the only games where we didn't need to abandon the run.

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It should of been a read option on 3rd and two. We were killing it with the running game. 

That's what I predicated we would run before we lined up.  Say what you want about Kizer, he's good for picking up 2 yards if the blocking is decent.  He's fast and physical enough, and Crow/Duke could have got it done if that was the read.  Worst case it blows up and we punt, even if it gets mostly stuffed Kizer has the ability to maybe get us in a 4th and short.

Hindsight 20/20.  I'm sure Hue didn't expect Kizer to poop his pants and play jackpot after playing what was otherwise and excellent game.

Archived