What Makes Your Franchise Unique?

BetterCallSaul

40 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

respect..

he is a garbage person and the Browns should be ashamed for signing him let alone giving him 230 million guaranteed....

Yeah, I feel nothing good about the whole situation.

The contract was terrible because there was no getting out of it unless he retired or went to prison.

But yeah, I was embarrassed by my favorite team's decisions. The reason I haven't watched games is because I would root against Watson, not by choice just because it's what I would do and I don't want to root against my favorite team so I guess I just wait it out.

I certainly won't pick a new team so football just won't be as important. I'll survive off of highlights and good matchups among other teams.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, I feel nothing good about the whole situation.

The contract was terrible because there was no getting out of it unless he retired or went to prison.

But yeah, I was embarrassed by my favorite team's decisions. The reason I haven't watched games is because I would root against Watson, not by choice just because it's what I would do and I don't want to root against my favorite team so I guess I just wait it out.

I certainly won't pick a new team so football just won't be as important. I'll survive off of highlights and good matchups among other teams.

I would be the same way... I could never not be a Bengals fan, but if they did something like that I would be so disappointed and probably go the same route you have chosen... 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 3:45 PM, August4th said:

one thing about browns history I like is that two instances of inner turmoil(modell vs brown and model vs the city) helped birth two div rivals in the bengals and Ravens. Their DNA is all over AFC north

This is the weird thing with the Browns.  They're simultaneously the poster child for "futility" and "disappointment" as a franchise.  But you just cannot envision an NFL without them.  They're an integral part of the whole story, even when they don't exactly exist.

8 hours ago, fluhartz said:

respect..

he is a garbage person and the Browns should be ashamed for signing him let alone giving him 230 million guaranteed....

Idk if he’s any worse than your RB Joe Mixon to be fair. The NFL is riddled with scumbags. Rapists, gun-toting thugs, woman/children beaters, cokeheads, and literal murderers have graced the league. The Browns are the latest to take on a high profile supervillain, but let’s not act like every other NFL team hasn’t had just as scummy people working for them. In fact, I’m gonna make a thread about this.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Idk if he’s any worse than your RB Joe Mixon to be fair. The NFL is riddled with scumbags. Rapists, gun-toting thugs, woman/children beaters, cokeheads, and literal murderers have graced the league. The Browns are the latest to take on a high profile supervillain, but let’s not act like every other NFL team hasn’t had just as scummy people working for them. In fact, I’m gonna make a thread about this.

While I don't condone what Joe did at all.. I wouldn't consider punching a girl in the mouth when you are 17 years old stupid kid and sexually asaulting 30 women the same thing. 

46 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

While I don't condone what Joe did at all.. I wouldn't consider punching a girl in the mouth when you are 17 years old stupid kid and sexually asaulting 30 women the same thing. 

Didn’t he just shoot at a kid and have his sister cover for him? That was my understanding. He is a terrible person. He uppercutted a girl as hard as he could because she talked trash to him after he unprovoked called her gay friend a f*ggot. Idk…I think it’s in the same vein as asking a massage therapist to do things to you. Both are awful…one act could have killed someone though. The other is in the hall of awful too.

On 7/2/2023 at 1:50 PM, Thomas5737 said:

He used real numbers. DVOA is fine but it is make believe. It projects what ifs. Over a full season or seasons you don't really need what ifs because you have what was.

The Ravens are unique because they became what they hated, a franchise stealing city.

oh no real numbers 

10 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Didn’t he just shoot at a kid and have his sister cover for him? That was my understanding. He is a terrible person. He uppercutted a girl as hard as he could because she talked trash to him after he unprovoked called her gay friend a f*ggot. Idk…I think it’s in the same vein as asking a massage therapist to do things to you. Both are awful…one act could have killed someone though. The other is in the hall of awful too.

They are both assault. I wouldn't want either around any female I cared about. One just has a much longer list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

oh no real numbers 

And?

My response was to a Ravens fan that said the Steelers' defense wasn't good and then a Steelers' fan posted year end defensive rankings showing that the Steelers' and Ravens defenses were comparable.

So if you are putting me in my place about something, save it for later when I bash the Ravens about something (it will happen). This had nothing to do with me insulting the Ravens or their defense in any way.

22 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Just get it over with and root for the Ravens. The original Browns, the lovechild of Art Modell and Ozzie Newsome. 

On 6/29/2023 at 12:22 PM, ronjon1990 said:

We were dumb enough to hire not only Lane Kiffin as HC, but a little over 10 years later gave Dumbass McDaniels a 3rd chance. 

Gotta be the dumbest of the franchises. 

I see your dumbassness and raise you. Norv Turner has the 3rd most wins in Chargers coaching history. The complete carousel of trash that this franchise has hired.