What Makes Your Franchise Unique?

BetterCallSaul

36 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

For the Browns, I’d say die-hard optimistic fans.

Ya don’t say! I’ve mentioned a few times that the Browns seem to win the offseason semi-annually.

I think Bengals fans are the opposite. We’re mostly cautiously optimistic because we were so used to being let down. It’s nice that we’ve got a bit more unapologetically brash these days after winning some.

I can not express the feeling of immense relief winning that first playoff game against the Raiders in 2021. Felt like a 5000 lbs gorilla being lifted off my shoulders.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Ya don’t say! I’ve mentioned a few times that the Browns seem to win the offseason semi-annually.

I think Bengals fans are the opposite. We’re mostly cautiously optimistic because we were so used to being let down. It’s nice that we’ve got a bit more unapologetically brash these days after winning some.

I can not express the feeling of immense relief winning that first playoff game against the Raiders in 2021. Felt like a 5000 lbs gorilla being lifted off my shoulders.

WORD!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Scandinavian culture is such a significant part of Minnesota given the concentration here. I’m Norwegian and Swedish myself. Tying that history and culture back to the Vikings is pretty cool. Also, we have a unique history of always choking. Zero Super Bowl wins despite being one of the winningest franchises. 

Texans: It’s the youngest franchise in the NFL. Pretty much the entire history of the franchise can be followed by memory, you can remind yourself where you were for every landmark moment. 

I guess that’s something? If you’re a fan ages 21-up, you can pretty much say you’ve been around since day one. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Could be anything relating to stadiumfood, fans, history, team success in specific areas…anything that you feel you have a special claim to.

For the Browns, I’d say die-hard optimistic fans. We could lose every game for the next 10 years & people would still be talking Browns. 

I don't think that's unique to the Browns; you could say similar things about the Eagles and Cowboys, if I've taken the temperature of those fanbases correctly.

For the Colts, not many franchises can say they went from one era of an elite superstar franchise QB directly (or almost directly) into another - there's the Niners with Montana and Young, the Packers with Favre and Rodgers... the Colts, however, are the only one from that group to have mustered only a single SB win from those golden eras - and it's entirely because Luck retired at the age of 29.

Also the only franchise to have fled its previous city in the dead of night.

Ravens are probably the quickest success story in the NFL. Won the SB in their 4th season (1st playoff appearance) in 2000 and have the most playoff wins in the NFL (16) behind the Patriots since that 2000 season with another championship to boot.

Pretty much became a franchise that’s on the short list of “model franchises” in the league almost immediately 

46 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Ravens are probably the quickest success story in the NFL. Won the SB in their 4th season (1st playoff appearance) in 2000 and have the most playoff wins in the NFL (16) behind the Patriots since that 2000 season with another championship to boot.

Pretty much became a franchise that’s on the short list of “model franchises” in the league almost immediately 

They weren’t an expansion team though. I agree that they’re a blue chip franchise of the NFL l, but they weren’t built from scratch. 

• Like 3