Training Camp General Discussion

AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

To be fair, that probably needs to be thrown to the back/outside shoulder with the safety being in range

He was playing ball and had no idea Brisker was coming.  It was not a perfect throw and Brisker just made a good play.

WR was not at fault IMO.

It was a good day.

Sat next to a young guy who was there by himself too and knowledgeable.   We talked whole time.  Shared my roster and depth chart and binoculars with him.

All the podcast and youtube guys were nearby.

Overall thoughts - now that I am not being overly critical.

We have fastest group of offensive skill players in my lifetime.   That is good.

DBs are good - I think whoever ends up starting opposite Jaylon Johnson, whether it is Stevenson or Smith, is going to have some rough days though.  

I think Stevenson is bigger, longer more physical CB and probably has the edge and better long term potential.   But Smith is not just giving him that job.   

Vildor I think is odd man out.  He is definitely CB5 right now.   So no matter who starts between rookies, if everyone stays healthy, I believe we have upgraded one spot.

Mooney and DJ Moore really impressed me.   Claypool had the big day, but if you ask me those are top two WRs on team with Claypool #3.

Tonyan I think is better than people think too.

Of RBs playing yesterday - Herbert was best by far to my eyes.  By far most explosive.   Homer is built like Wolverine though.  That guy doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

TJ Edwards was also really impressive to me.   Guy is smooth and instinctive.  People say he isn't a great athlete, but he doesn't look like it on grass.  He is first one to ball.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It was a good day.

Sat next to a young guy who was there by himself too and knowledgeable.   We talked whole time.  Shared my roster and depth chart and binoculars with him.

All the podcast and youtube guys were nearby.

Overall thoughts - now that I am not being overly critical.

We have fastest group of offensive skill players in my lifetime.   That is good.

DBs are good - I think whoever ends up starting opposite Jaylon Johnson, whether it is Stevenson or Smith, is going to have some rough days though.  

I think Stevenson is bigger, longer more physical CB and probably has the edge and better long term potential.   But Smith is not just giving him that job.   

Vildor I think is odd man out.  He is definitely CB5 right now.   So no matter who starts between rookies, if everyone stays healthy, I believe we have upgraded one spot.

Mooney and DJ Moore really impressed me.   Claypool had the big day, but if you ask me those are top two WRs on team with Claypool #3.

Tonyan I think is better than people think too.

Of RBs playing yesterday - Herbert was best by far to my eyes.  By far most explosive.   Homer is built like Wolverine though.  That guy doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

TJ Edwards was also really impressive to me.   Guy is smooth and instinctive.  People say he isn't a great athlete, but he doesn't look like it on grass.  He is first one to ball.

Stevenson won some against Moore/WRs.  If he keeps improving against Moore, I think he can be a 50% completion rate CB because not many teams have a Moore.

Edited by JibjeResearch

2 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Stevenson won some against Moore/WRs.  If he keeps improving against Moore, I think he can be a 50% completion rate CB because not many teams have a Moore.

He seems to take the most reps against Moore in drills.  He loses a lot to him though.   But he isn't afraid.  He takes those reps.   

Remember being in line in football for a drill as a kid and other kids would switch spots because they didn't want to go against a really good kid?   It's kind of like that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He seems to take the most reps against Moore in drills.  He loses a lot to him though.   But he isn't afraid.  He takes those reps.   

Remember being in line in football for a drill as a kid and other kids would switch spots because they didn't want to go against a really good kid?   It's kind of like that.

He should look to play Moore and make the mistakes now.  If he improves, then he will be good against other WRs.

Teven Jenkins getting hurt again is why I wanted to address LG in FA and why I was okay with the discussion about trading him before. It’s going to be the story of his career. 

And speaking of the “story of his career”, not surprised at all that an interception was caused by ricocheting off of Claypool’s brick hands. 

On the topic of Fields holding the ball too long, that and accuracy were said to be his biggest weaknesses coming out. Concerning that it isn’t being addressed/he doesn’t know how to fix it. And accuracy I’ve heard a few balls he’s thrown behind that are supposed to be easy passes that definitely was an issue last season. It sounds like the positives are genuine and that he’s taken a leap, but certain holes in his game are just going to be there. He doesn’t have an elite passing ceiling. 

54 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Teven Jenkins getting hurt again is why I wanted to address LG in FA and why I was okay with the discussion about trading him before. It’s going to be the story of his career. 

And speaking of the “story of his career”, not surprised at all that an interception was caused by ricocheting off of Claypool’s brick hands. 

On the topic of Fields holding the ball too long, that and accuracy were said to be his biggest weaknesses coming out. Concerning that it isn’t being addressed/he doesn’t know how to fix it. And accuracy I’ve heard a few balls he’s thrown behind that are supposed to be easy passes that definitely was an issue last season. It sounds like the positives are genuine and that he’s taken a leap, but certain holes in his game are just going to be there. He doesn’t have an elite passing ceiling. 

Fields was definitely accurate yesterday.     Also had a quicker release and motion.   He has improved.

But he was holding ball too long IMO.   He may never stop doing that because he trusts his escapability and speed.   He needs to just pull trigger.   Walker was doing exact same thing.   

They did sign a guard in FA.  

• Like 1