Training Camp General Discussion

AZBearsFan

57 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

IMG-2355.jpg

FWIW. It was a hundred degrees yesterday and from what I understand the WPC practice field isn’t exactly close to HH.

We (not you specifically) may be jumping the gun a bit by treating “on a cart” like it says “on a stretcher” or even “…without putting any weight on it.” Could be something as simple as that the training cart was already here and that those who were going to evaluate him were already going to be using the cart to get to the trainer’s room anyway.  

You're correct. He was carted off but likely to get him to a/c asap. I did see a tweet but I forgot to come back and post it

Eberflus says today he's "confident" that  Brisker, Claypool and Jackson will play week 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Das Flubby is running practices from hell right now. Ship up or die 

They aren’t that bad outside line play.  Or shouldn’t be.

They are still just going thud.

But, a lot of it, I suspect, is guys are just going extra hard because of all competition and smack talking.  

A good practice is people fly around, but no one hits the ground.  Too many DBs and WRs are hitting ground for my taste. 

For lines at some point in team you should say this is not live.  Just go through motions at half or three quarter speed so we can work on timing and precision of a play and D can work coverage responsibilities.  It is still helpful to have line there for that.  

You have to preserve people.  Especially giants.  It is easy for them to get banged up because of weights and inhuman strength of opponents.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I was never concerned about his get off.   If anything can be taught and coached it is get off.

If he was just slow, that would be another issue.   But he tested fast.  So that wasn't issue.

He still isn't great with his hands yet.  But you can see he is experimenting and learning.  It takes time.  

Dexter number one issue to work on is pad level.   He tends to play too high.   

Common issue for tall guys especially ones that are relatively new to position.  Remember a lot of guys do fundamentals from 7 years old.

He started late in HS.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Dexter number one issue to work on is pad level.   He tends to play too high.   

Common issue for tall guys especially ones that are relatively new to position.  Remember a lot of guys do fundamentals from 7 years old.

He started late in HS.

Just got to keep working on it.

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Carmen DeFalco has legit Bears sources and he said he's been told the Bears have talked to KC about Chris Jones

I would not be a fan of this. Jones has 2-3 good years left & I'm not trading two 1's for him or even a 1 & 2

DT is what it is for me for this season. We’ve addressed it pretty aggressively already. IOL needs help and I’ve been saying it for a very long time now 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Carmen DeFalco has legit Bears sources and he said he's been told the Bears have talked to KC about Chris Jones

I would not be a fan of this. Jones has 2-3 good years left & I'm not trading two 1's for him or even a 1 & 2

The only way I am interested is if the relationship has just gotten past the point of repair in KC and they just want rid of him at a discounted rate...talk of 1st round picks are too rich for me...a 2nd this year & another next...then I pull the trigger because he is such a difference maker but nothing more than that IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

DT is what it is for me for this season. We’ve addressed it pretty aggressively already. IOL needs help and I’ve been saying it for a very long time now 

While I don't want the trade he had played DE at a pretty elite level too. He absolutely owned McGlinchey and a few other OTs. Would he be able to maintain that while playing many more snaps there? Probably. But still it's just a bad deal if they want the firsts.