Training Camp General Discussion

AZBearsFan

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Eberflus probably would.   Whoever was running that drill wasn't.

I see a lot of coaches at all levels do drills like that.   MS, HS, College and Pro.   Just fly through the reps with no advice or correction. 

I personally can't stand it.

You don't have to say something EVERY time, but I usually did.   Another guys I coached with did too.

Often it is just 'good job' or 'nice' or 'get lower' or 'hand placement' or 'butt down' or 'head up' or "roll your hips' or whatever small or large correction was needed. 

Sometimes I say ' That sucked. Do it again'.   You keep drill moving fast though.  

They are pros and grown men, I get it that it can be hard to look like you are talking 'down' to them sometimes.   

Maybe pro coaches are like, do it right or move down depth chart.  I told you right way to do it already, up to you.  Be self motivated.  

I personally think it is just player being lazy and coach being lazy in a quick 'meaningless' to them warm up drill.  

I don't think any drills are meaningless.  If we are doing something in limited practice time, it means something to me.

Agreed. If I wanted to be a spectator I wouldn't have been a coach, nor should that guy.

If a player had a perfect rep they deserved recognition and the other person needed direction. I told them to get on deck, so the next pair would face off but that kid would be right there to do better (hopefully).

They're both being paid, so any 'meaningless' drill is a spit in the face to Eberflus and Poles imo. You have limited time to tun drills and have contact through the week, maximize it. If a coach is motivated then he will be too, especially when OC jobs are scarce and may lead to HC jobs.

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Down to third string center.  Kramer apparently.  White-hair hurt his hand.  Not sure what is wrong with Patrick. 

Gordon continues to look good.

Meanwhile....

https://gmenhq.com/posts/john-michael-schmitz-stat-ny-giants-debut-even-better-01h7qwc5shrb

The center I wanted us to draft looks like an animal.

I'm ok with the Tyrique Stevenson pick in retrospect, but Gervon Dexter better be a stud too. (those where our two picks right before JMS)

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Meanwhile....

https://gmenhq.com/posts/john-michael-schmitz-stat-ny-giants-debut-even-better-01h7qwc5shrb

I'm ok with the Tyrique Stevenson pick in retrospect, but Gervon Dexter better be a stud too. (those where our two picks right before JMS)

We had every chance to draft him. He clearly wasn’t what they want at Center.

14 hours ago, Epyon said:

Meanwhile....

I was wondering last night about how JMS was looking. 

Nothing about JMS’ ceiling will ever surprise me. He was talked about heavily as a first round center for a reason. Versatile in several schemes and a high motor leader. Dexter will have to be pretty good to make up for missing out on him imo 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Both he and Tippmann both seemed to get rave reviews for their week 1 PS game, so naturally both are locks for the HOF and Poles is stupid for not drafting both. 😁

It doesn’t seem like we agree that often but we do here. Had two 2nds, should’ve taken JMS and Tippmann