Training Camp General Discussion

AZBearsFan

22 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

I’ll wait and see as far as Dexter vs JMS/Tippmann goes. No use worrying about it or assuming JMS is a lock to be great. Same goes for the people worrying about Nate Davis. I’ll worry when it’s week 4 and he’s injured or playing like poop, but not now. 

Tippman has apparently been not good in NY and has been sitting 3rd string all camp

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Tippman has apparently been not good in NY and has been sitting 3rd string all camp

I've only heard of him during the first preseason game and that went well, but I'm clearly not following anyone very closely. Though honestly I'm not even following the Bears much outside of this forum. lol. 

Has his issues been technical or struggling with plays? Or just heard he hasn't performed as well as they expected? 

Well if memory serves JMS was touted because he was a pro ready guy, and the critique was that he was a pretty meh athlete. I'd actually wager he was off our boards because of his RAS. The expectation was VERY high floor, but probably already capped out potential wise.

Tippman on the other hand, was considered an athletic freak with a higher ceiling.... but would need some time to cook.

None of the admittedly limited things I've heard about either player so far seems to contradict that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I've only heard of him during the first preseason game and that went well, but I'm clearly not following anyone very closely. Though honestly I'm not even following the Bears much outside of this forum. lol. 

Has his issues been technical or struggling with plays? Or just heard he hasn't performed as well as they expected? 

I don't remember exactly. Was listening to The Athletic Football podcast while doing stuff and Mays was talking about how concerning the OL was in NYJ and mentioned that even though they put resources into it like the draft, Tipp was 3rd on the DC 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

I don't remember exactly. Was listening to The Athletic Football podcast while doing stuff and Mays was talking about how concerning the OL was in NYJ and mentioned that even though they put resources into it like the draft, Tipp was 3rd on the DC 

Gotcha. I knew Rodgers preferred veteran Centers so I was wondering if he would sneak onto the starting lineup as an OG and kick over later but wasn't sure how it would work out. He had his warts as a prospect for sure.

Wright hurt his ankle today.

Basically only remaining healthy starting OL at this time is Braxton Jones. 

Jenkins is out

Whitehair hurt his snapping hand and got moved to LG.  

Nate Davis is still ramping up having hardly practiced.  

Wright hurt his ankle.

Flus was asked if he would play Justin this weekend behind an OL so banged up this weekend.   He said he didn't know.

Bears participation: Tremaine Edmunds was back in a limited capacity. Not practicing: Eddie Jackson, Jaquan Brisker, Chase Claypool, Trestan Ebner, Jaylon Jones, Josh Blackwell, DeMarquis Gates, Dyle Cole, Teven Jenkins, Joe Reed, Dante Pettis, Yannick Ngakoue and DeMarcus Walker

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears participation: Tremaine Edmunds was back in a limited capacity. Not practicing: Eddie Jackson, Jaquan Brisker, Chase Claypool, Trestan Ebner, Jaylon Jones, Josh Blackwell, DeMarquis Gates, Dyle Cole, Teven Jenkins, Joe Reed, Dante Pettis, Yannick Ngakoue and DeMarcus Walker

Darnell Wright also hurt his lower leg/ankle

Not sure how these guys keep getting hurt in practice to the extent where they miss weeks at a time (Brisker, Edmunds). 

• Like 1

Hamstrings, muscle pulls/strains, rolled ankles take awhile to recover from.

You can get those without banging much.   Just running around.

Seems like it always happens primarily in one position group when it happens to Bears.

Braxton Jones has been an iron man relatively speaking thus far.   They played him like every snap in offseason last year including extended snaps in the preseason games and then he went through every game the whole season.