Training Camp General Discussion

AZBearsFan

16 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

only presumed starters are missing practice - there aren't any 2nd/3rd string guys really hurt. makes me think all the top guys are just sitting because why not

Starters get majority of practice reps outside the initial fundamental drills which get fewer and fewer as camp goes on.

So they have many more chances to get banged up if you are having physical practices.  Which the Bears are.  

Injuries are downside of that.  

Other part if there a lot of positions and team slots up for grabs and cuts are later in year now.  

So you have a lot of young guys understandably going 100% in practice and that too results in more injuries.  Plus HITS and all that.  

Often on a vet team guys with established starting roles guys wouldn’t be going so hard right now even if coach wanted them too.  There is an art to practicing football and not getting hurt.  

You kind of want to go hard early establish to coaches who can do what and throttle down a bit.  But still go full speed to a spot without banging to get better.  You pull off.   

Still sometimes it’s just bad luck.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Is this a parody account or something?

How would they possibly know this story to this level of detail unless they had direct access to a Bears coach?

Seems totally and completely fan fiction.   

That is completely stupid and yes it's an account with no sources

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Is this a parody account or something?

How would they possibly know this story to this level of detail unless they had direct access to a Bears coach?

Seems totally and completely fan fiction.   

I was about to post this, MrSpeedyHands

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Someone wrote underneath that tweet - then the restaurant stood and clapped.

That was pretty funny. 

“Several months later, Eberflus and Nate Davis have now purchased a beautiful ranch house on the countryside. They drink tea only made from Lipton…”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Kmet left on a cart today. Keep up the hard practices, coach!

IMG-2355.jpg

FWIW. It was a hundred degrees yesterday and from what I understand the WPC practice field isn’t exactly close to HH.

We (not you specifically) may be jumping the gun a bit by treating “on a cart” like it says “on a stretcher” or even “…without putting any weight on it.” Could be something as simple as that the training cart was already here and that those who were going to evaluate him were already going to be using the cart to get to the trainer’s room anyway.  

That's a relief about Kmet. He's low key snuck up on me and become a player I really want to see succeed. 

Totally possible it was heat related but also serious that day.

Heat does not mess around, hope you're all staying on the water if you're in town.  I once did a dig where it was students, professors and enthusiasts in the Czech Republic.  One of the enthusiast was this tough as nails farmer from Iowa who was silent on the flight toe Europe but then when we got there he  was all lit up like a kid at Christmas to see the site.  He was giddy after the first tour and wouldn't stop running around and talking. We got back to our hostel and the dude starts sprinting up the stairs, wobbled once, fell back on his head and missed like 3-4 weeks of the dig in a Czech hospital, all because he did an overnight flight and then a hot day outside and barely drank a drop because he was so excited.  Not kidding I'm one of those jagoffs with a gallon water bottle and it's empty on days where I work outside. 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW