Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Just to catch up officially. 

Is everything ok at DT? Jeez. 

And how bad is Greedy really? Sheesh. Thought that was gonna be a good pickup. 

I’m sure we’ll get those guys back on IR. 

I wonder if cutting Williams has less to do with him and more to do with all the young talent at the position. Ricks, Goodrich, jobe, ringo etc. in fact, mcphearson getting injured might be a blessing in disguise because there might’ve been a real tough decision made there.

I’m disappointed zetner didn’t work out. He was actually one of my favorite UDFA this year. Sounds like he sucks tho so I get it, just wish it worked out. Man I really don’t want another year of siposs…

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Myles Jack retired this morning. Looks like Cunningham is the starter 

Or Jack was informed he was about to be cut? Doubt being the "Starter" was the deciding factor tbh. 

GL on trying to be a Tradesmen in the real world. 👌

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Or Jack was informed he was about to be cut? Doubt being the "Starter" was the deciding factor tbh. 

GL on trying to be a Tradesmen in the real world. 👌

He’s made about $80M in his career. I have no idea how much he actually saved but he comes off as a bit of an outlier. Someone that doesn’t need that flash and attention. Im sure he’ll be fine. I don’t think his comment about working in a trade had anything to do with money. More about keeping his mind sharp. I commend him. He gave it a shot. Doesn’t look to be one that wants or needs the perma-vacation now and will better himself through learning new skills. 

On 8/6/2023 at 3:29 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 8/6/2023 at 2:31 PM, Danger said:

Jack makes too much sense. Though I don't know whether or not he or Dean get the nod.

Jack is competing with Shaun Bradley for a roster spot. Not Nakobe Dean for the green dot.

Hate to say it, but I called it.

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Myles Jack retired this morning. Looks like Cunningham is the starter 

Not sure he would've even made it over Shaun Bradley cause he provided us with good special teams value.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s made about $80M in his career.

A pod I just listened to said he made like 50 million, but yeah that's really nice for a LB, especially one who was doubted medically to start his career. With that said, Jacksonville def messed up paying him all that just cause they drafted him. 

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hate to say it, but I called it.

Not sure he would've even made it over Shaun Bradley cause he provided us with good special teams value.

A pod I just listened to said he made like 50 million, but yeah that's really nice for a LB, especially one who was doubted medically to start his career. With that said, Jacksonville def messed up paying him all that just cause they drafted him. 

I just roughly added it up. He had two contracts in Jax and one in Pitt. Maybe he didn’t see all the money for some reason. Still tho, 50 gross should mean 30 net at least. Even frivolously he should have 10 left. That’s enough for $400k a year or over 30k a month living for the rest of his life properly invested. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I just roughly added it up. He had two contracts in Jax and one in Pitt. Maybe he didn’t see all the money for some reason. Still tho, 50 gross should mean 30 net at least. Even frivolously he should have 10 left. That’s enough for $400k a year or over 30k a month living for the rest of his life properly invested. 

Oh no doubt and if you want to see a players career earnings you can look it up on spotrac.

Here is Myles Jack's

You can see that he made like 36 million off that 57 million contract he signed after his rookie deal.

• Like 1

The thing is Myles jack didn’t need money. He came back because he wanted to stay busy. I read an article that when he wasn’t immediately getting interest in free agency, he decided to pursue a career in plumbing or as an electrician. If he’s retiring after that story came out, I’m assuming it’s because he was about to be cut and he told the eagles that he’d rather go out on his own terms and announce retirement.

Im assuming the linebackers will be Cunningham and dean 

59 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

have they said at all who might be going that hasn't?

I'm fine with sitting them, especially after practice the other day

I don’t think any of the 1s will play and I’m just gonna assume that most of the 2s play low snap counts as well. The guys that are fighting to make the roster are probably the ones that will get extended action today.

The one exception might be cam jurgens and/or Tyler steen. Sounds like cam jurgens has been getting beat pretty badly by the colts in practice so coaches might want some more looks at these two to know who will win the RG spot. By all accounts, steen has looked good at LT and LG so I think the eagles will have good depth no matter who is the starting RG.