Dolphins CB Jalen Ramsey out most of season with meniscus injury

RaidersAreOne

He goes into surgery today, so we'll have a better idea about his timeline after that.  Multiple reports of anywhere from an October return to a December return.  Stinks either way, but at least he avoided blowing his ACL and missing the season entirely.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Even if Ramsey’s healthy for next year, I’d still look at first round CBs if a good one drops. X isn’t all that anymore.

Yeah, and I'm more than a little concerned at this point about how Cam Smith hasn't been able to earn playing time outside of special teams....

EDIT: Correction, he apparently had four snaps on defense last week. But still - with Eli Apple's struggles, our top pick this season should be seeing the field more and the fact that he isn't is concerning. I was quite high on him...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah, and I'm more than a little concerned at this point about how Cam Smith hasn't been able to earn playing time outside of special teams....

EDIT: Correction, he apparently had four snaps on defense last week. But still - with Eli Apple's struggles, our top pick this season should be seeing the field more and the fact that he isn't is concerning. I was quite high on him...

PFF only has Cam Smith graded at having 10 snaps with his overall grade an 84.7 and 84.9 coverage.  Ignoring snap count that's good enough for 5th among CB's.  I'm guessing we will see him get more playing time in the last half of the season and maybe the coaching staff has him on a game count.  In comparison think about how ridiculous fellow rookie Achane has been and he only saw the field due to injury of 2nd and 3rd string RB's. 

• Like 1