Preseason Week 1 GDT: BEARS VS TITANS

Ty21

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Bagent ought to get the spare #3 qb slot over Peterman. Both are useless currently but at least we don’t know that is Bagent’s ceiling right now 

I think Bagent can beat both of them for the 2nd QB if given the opportunity.  All he needs to do is be decent....and win lolz🤣 ...the other two suck!

Quick thoughts on the game:

-they really went after Stevenson tonight. He got burned early, but overall more good than bad. Liking what we are seeing so far. 

-great down field blocking on both Moore's and Herbert's screens. 2 linemen out there both plays (Carter and Jones on one) 

-Gibson needed this game. Big day from him. Lots of sacks. 

-I'm not actually super happy with the starting offense. We had 2 screens that looked fantastic, and a whole lot of stereotypical bears ball that would have been 3 and out constantly drives. 

-Fields wasn't very accurate despite the offense running a backup qb check down easy pass offense.

-pj walker sucks. Peterman also sucks. I don't recall seeing much out of baget yet. 

-velus Jones can't be trusted as a kr. 

-running game in general was disappointing, RJ had the only nice, non super wide outside rush I remember and he had to break 5 tackles to do it. 

-Tyler Scott was a guy I was hoping to see more involved. Fumbled his only chance to show up

-Kyle Gordon was blasting people, love the tone setting physicality. 

All in all, I just want to see the offense kind of open it up more in the passing game schematically, and figure something out running the ball in the interior. 

10 minutes ago, Epyon said:

-they really went after Stevenson tonight. He got burned early, but overall more good than bad. Liking what we are seeing so far. 

-great down field blocking on both Moore's and Herbert's screens. 2 linemen out there both plays (Carter and Jones on one) 

-I'm not actually super happy with the starting offense. We had 2 screens that looked fantastic, and a whole lot of stereotypical bears ball that would have been 3 and out constantly drives. 

-Fields wasn't very accurate despite the offense running a backup qb check down easy pass offense.

-pj walker sucks. Peterman also sucks. I don't recall seeing much out of baget yet. 

-running game in general was disappointing, RJ had the only nice, non super wide outside rush I remember and he had to break 5 tackles to do it. 

-Tyler Scott was a guy I was hoping to see more involved. Fumbled his only chance to show up

All in all, I just want to see the offense kind of open it up more in the passing game schematically, and figure something out running the ball in the interior. 

Fields was accurate on 2/3 throws. The first completion was a perfect throw in stride to the boundary. The Moore TD was behind him and a bit low. The TD to Herbert was a nice toss under pressure. I'm not really sure what else you wanted from Fields today.

While I do agree about opening up the offense, a) it's August 12 and I'd rather see that in September, b) I don't think it's going to be super "open" this season; think Shanahan's SF offense and c) it's hard to be an open offense even if they wanted if the OL is going to get blasted by a DL without 4-5 of their best players

• Like 2

Fields’ accuracy has been a concern of mine but nitpicking three throws that were all catchable balls is a little excessive. There’s clearly not enough to go off of there. 

Also, saw several guys do this in the thread today. It’s Trevis GIPSON, not Gibson. Let’s not Alshon Jeffries this

edit: I agree on most other points though 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Bagent ought to get the spare #3 qb slot over Peterman. Both are useless currently but at least we don’t know that is Bagent’s ceiling right now 

If the QB's continue like today(not Fields) then I think Walker could be the one looking to get cut. Peterman as the #2 and Bagent as the #3/scout team with some upside to develop as a solid back up. Walker was clearly the worst of the three back up QBs today.

23 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I just wanted to add that the RG/C looks to be a problem, yes Davis isn't playing and it was very limited snaps but could be a problem going forward. OT from what I saw looked to do their job, again limited snaps in a preseason game. For the offense as a whole it's hard to come up with much since they broke two long plays for TDs, and really I don't expect much to be shown or used until the season starts.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Also, saw several guys do this in the thread today. It’s Trevis GIPSON, not Gibson. Let’s not Alshon Jeffries this

He can earn a proper spelling when he does it in an actual game... Assuming I remember.

Also, you missed me calling him Kyle Gordon instead of Kyler  XD
I am apparently the king of the Alshon Jefferies style meatball getting names wrong, lol

There's been a number of those recently.... "Carlos" Santos was another... and I think the announcers constantly the past few years where calling Kyle Fuller by his brother's name (Kendall), and one guy even called him Carl on a broadcast. I feel like I'm still missing a few of the better ones.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Epyon said:

He can earn a proper spelling when he does it in an actual game... Assuming I remember.

I am apparently the king of the Alshon Jefferies style meatball getting names wrong, lol

There's been a number of those recently.... "Carlos" Santos was another... and I think the announcers constantly the past few years where calling Kyle Fuller by his brother's name (Kendall), and one guy even called him Carl on a broadcast. I feel like I'm still missing a few of the better ones.

Trubinsky

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Epyon said:

You’re off the hook because I’ve watched D’onta Foreman since he was a freshman at UT and pronounced his name as Donta until this year. 

• Like 1