Jets signing dalvin cook

jetfan8178

Not a fan of this but once Zeke went to the Pats it was it for Cook. It was either take the Jets offer or go to a low level team. He looked slow and not himself last year. He might be better with a offseason of little to no contact. I like that Pitt rookie but Cook probably goes in as the backup and Knight, MC are the next 2. 

Not a fan.  Our RB room is fine even without Breece.  They should have saved that $ for any potential OT that gets cut.  I hope Dalvin can make his own holes this year because he was one of the worst RB trying to find them last year.  Smells like a Woody move.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Not a fan.  Our RB room is fine even without Breece.  They should have saved that $ for any potential OT that gets cut.  I hope Dalvin can make his own holes this year because he was one of the worst RB trying to find them last year.  Smells like a Woody move.

Disagreed.   Hackett requires solid run oriented system to keep Rodgers efficient and we only have one real RB that just returns from major injury on the roster.  Cook's last year struggle may be something with system change that affected OL/RB chemistry.  That is why Vikings keep Mattison.  Cook has an excellent track with WCO style that Hackett will run for Jets. Having Cook and Hall as 1 and 2 in the depth is dearly necessary.

Also, OL chemistry is continuing to be out of whack so it is good idea to beat Cook that much until further notice from youngsters.

As for OT situation, well I don't count on them finding one anyway.  Jets will continue using "better than nothing" approach this year.

17 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not a fan of this but once Zeke went to the Pats it was it for Cook. It was either take the Jets offer or go to a low level team. He looked slow and not himself last year. He might be better with a offseason of little to no contact. I like that Pitt rookie but Cook probably goes in as the backup and Knight, MC are the next 2. 

Abanikanda will be good. I'm so mad we passed on him.

But hey, enjoy Dalvin Cook!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Since you almost never steer me wrong I should bet my house on Jets vs Falcons for 2024 Super Bowl. 

I just need $$$ to upgrade my home to this

Iconic-Brand-New-Beverly-Hills-Mansion-h

Lmao I never said the Falcons.  They might lock you up for even submitting that. 

I believe this makes the offense better.  It's only one year. 

He'll help with Hall recovery and give the RB room someone they can learn from. 

We can win without relying on passing in some games. 

Defenses won't be able to gamble or commit to stopping one part of the offense.  Can't load the box and can't play back. Can't bring safety help to Wilson. Conklin will get more open looks. Hardman will look really good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Pretty sure this is in hopes of keeping breece healthy and not forcing him back early …

balancing all 3 with a splash of bam and Izzy through the season 

Bingo. Breece is back on the practice field, he said he is healthy and ready to go. But he also acknowledged that he still has to get over the mental aspect of trusting his knee when he cuts again. 

Jets can build up Breece and have him strong for the stretch of the season. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Bingo. Breece is back on the practice field, he said he is healthy and ready to go. But he also acknowledged that he still has to get over the mental aspect of trusting his knee when he cuts again. 

Jets can build up Breece and have him strong for the stretch of the season. 

I think this also helps for the playoffs too. I'm still old school and like the idea to run the ball laste in the season. Just like they did with Martin, LT, Thomas Jones type guys. 

• Like 1