2023 Offensive line.

Old Guy

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nijman is a FA after this year. You can't trade him in March without Franchise Tagging him. 

Look, I'm not saying they will or won't trade Yosh in 2024. They are not trading him THIS SEASON. Does Gute need to say it like he did with Bakh to make you stop discussing it?

After the season ends they will see where they are at and go from there. Bakh may be the one gone in 2024. Yosh becomes even more valuable then.

16 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

Look, I'm not saying they will or won't trade Yosh in 2024. They are not trading him THIS SEASON. Does Gute need to say it like he did with Bakh to make you stop discussing it?

After the season ends they will see where they are at and go from there. Bakh may be the one gone in 2024. Yosh becomes even more valuable then.

The point is this.  If he isn't traded now, or during this season, then he becomes a free agent as his contract will have expired.  Outside of tagging him, to keep him under team control, the team cannot trade him.

So you mentioning March as a trade point for Nijman is either uneducated or just plain silly.  And it's okay to not be educated about contracts and timing, it's a lot of information to juggle.  And I don't feel like you are being silly.

Bakh wise....he's the one that would still be under contract in 2024.  Not Nijman.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

If you can get Gute to say there's no way they're trading Nijman I'll join your cult.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The point is this.  If he isn't traded now, or during this season, then he becomes a free agent as his contract will have expired.  Outside of tagging him, to keep him under team control, the team cannot trade him.

So you mentioning March as a trade point for Nijman is either uneducated or just plain silly.  And it's okay to not be educated about contracts and timing, it's a lot of information to juggle.  And I don't feel like you are being silly.

Bakh wise....he's the one that would still be under contract in 2024.  Not Nijman.

I didn't mention March as any "trade point" for Yosh. I told the dude clamoring for a trade to wait until after THIS SEASON. Used March to make clear that I'm talking about AFTER the season. The Super Bowl is in Feb. March is the clear demarcation for AFTER. Don't even attempt to bring up my "education" on contracts. We can get into that and I will make you look "silly.

Edited by freefromwhatyouare

50 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

Since he's a free agent in 2024, you would be correct they aren't trading him next year. There is zero chance he gets a franchise tag so, no, they won't be trading him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Since he's a free agent in 2024, you would be correct they aren't trading him next year. There is zero chance he gets a franchise tag so, no, they won't be trading him. 

Any further discussion on Yosh will wait until after the 2023 season. I said nothing definitive about 2024. Don't try and put words in my mouth. I clearly stated he won't be traded during the 2023 season.

The end.

10 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

Any further discussion on Yosh will wait until after the 2023 season. I said nothing definitive about 2024. Don't try and put words in my mouth. I clearly stated he won't be traded during the 2023 season.

The end.

This was a direct quote from you!

Look, I'm not saying they will or won't trade Yosh in 2024.

You can't trade a guy who is a free agent. That was my point. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

4th is tempting, but how often does a 4th round player immediately come in as good as 27 year old Yosh Nijman? 

our 2022 guys were Romeo Doubs and Zach Tom.  But the Packers' previous two 4th rounders are Royce Newman and J'Mon Moore.  

On the other hand, getting a 2024 4th or 5th is better than a 2025 4th or 5th as a comp pick, if we don't sign anyone ourselves.  

Wasn’t Bakhtiari a 4th?  I feel like we have had some good OL picks in the 4th.

I agree with others- if the team feels there is not a big upside to him over other back up tackles, then trading him for a fourth would be a good deal.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This was a direct quote from you!

Look, I'm not saying they will or won't trade Yosh in 2024.

You can't trade a guy who is a free agent. That was my point. 

If you want to continue to discuss Yosh concerning trades, and FA, I will be blocking you. No one knows if the Packers even let Yosh hit free agency in 2024. Stay tuned.

The Packers have a higher opinion of Yosh than many here.

I'm very glad the Pack has Yosh for the 2023 season. Quality swing tackle that will probably help the team win games this season. Some here act like a starting 5 ever stays the same for a whole season.

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

4th is tempting, but how often does a 4th round player immediately come in as good as 27 year old Yosh Nijman? 

our 2022 guys were Romeo Doubs and Zach Tom.  But the Packers' previous two 4th rounders are Royce Newman and J'Mon Moore.  

On the other hand, getting a 2024 4th or 5th is better than a 2025 4th or 5th as a comp pick, if we don't sign anyone ourselves.  

I'd hope to get a 5th-round comp-pick for Nijman, not higher.  A 5th is what we got for Lazard, $44/4 contract.  I think 3rds are for guys getting $80/4 type deals, and 4ths for guys getting more $15/year. 

I appreciate Nijman, but don't think he's that caliber.  I think he's more 5th or perhaps only 6th comp-wise?  Obviously 5th-comp picks are way at the back, right in front of 6th rounders.  Colby Wooden, our 4th rounder this year, came 43 picks ahead of Wicks, our comp 5th rounder.  And Clifton, our 5th-rounder, came 58 picks ahead of 6th-round-comp pick Anders.  

So *IF* you hypothetically could trade Nijman for a 4th rounder in the upcoming draft, versus keeping him and settling for a comp 5th-rounder or 6th rounder in the year-later draft, that really would be a pretty significant difference in cap value.  

I don't expect any such trade of Nijman.  But it's fun discussion.  

49 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

If you want to continue to discuss Yosh concerning trades, and FA, I will be blocking you. No one knows if the Packers even let Yosh hit free agency in 2024. Stay tuned.

The Packers have a higher opinion of Yosh than many here.

I'm very glad the Pack has Yosh for the 2023 season. Quality swing tackle that will probably help the team win games this season. Some here act like a starting 5 ever stays the same for a whole season.

This is just as silly. “If the Packers even let Yosh hit free agency in 2024”

You said they may or may not trade him in 2024 and when called out about Yosh not being under contract, you got angry. Now you say the Packers may not let him hit FA which means franchise tag or extending his contract. Both of which would mean they wouldn’t consider trading him after doing either.

This one’s on you my friend. Just saying. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

This is just as silly. “If the Packers even let Yosh hit free agency in 2024”

You said they may or may not trade him in 2024 and when called out about Yosh not being under contract, you got angry. Now you say the Packers may not let him hit FA which means franchise tag or extending his contract. Both of which would mean they wouldn’t consider trading him after doing either.

This one’s on you my friend. Just saying. 

I'm blocking you because you are a clown! You want to embarrass yourself futher clown boy? 

I never said anything about what they are or aren't doing with Yosh in 2024. Said NOTHING about a trade. My only definitive statement was they won't be trading him during THIS SEASON! The end. Got it clown boy? Stop attempting to put words in my mouth clown boy.

Yes, they could extend him during this season..that is why I mentioned they MAY not let him hit FA in 2024. I've said NOTHING about a trade clown boy. 

Now sit down clown boy and welcome to ignore.

Edited by freefromwhatyouare