Sam Williams arrested

Rtnldave

https://www.star-telegram.com/

Sam Williams was arrested on Sunday on a marijuana and unlawful weapons charge.

Why in the world do these people feel it so necessary to carry a gun illegally?

I heard one theory that it has to do with a culture that many young athletes, among others, adopt. It is a culture of drugs and violence = success.

Why in the world would this country promote, endorse or even market this as an acceptable culture to live by?

Isn't playing professional football, earning millions and having the best medical care in the world enough?

Why do these people subscribe to this "gangsta" mentality? 

All it does is lead to jail time or an early death.

You would think someone that achieved such a high level of success would take care to protect himself and his future.

Oh well, bye Sam Williams. See ya after the 6 game, or worse, suspension.

Same ole dumb-*** Cowboys team run by the same ole dumb-*** clown of an owner.

Edited by Rtnldave

In Texas you’re allowed to carry a gun without any license unless you’re a felon. But the minute you break another law you are illegally carrying. You are completely fine to have a gun in your car, unless you’ve been drinking. Then you are unlawfully carrying. 

In Sams case, they Marijuana(which is still completely illegal in Texas for some reason) makes the weapon illegal 

Edited by DaBoys

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

In Texas you’re allowed to carry a gun without any license unless you’re a felon. But the minute you break another law you are illegally carrying. You are completely fine to have a gin in your car, unless you’ve been drinking. Then you are unlawfully carrying. 

In Sams case, they Marijuana(which is still completely illegal in Texas for some reason) makes the weapon illegal 

Soooo stupid! Overshown goes down for the season, O line depth an issue and now this. Nothing changes. It's the same crap year in and year out.

Why should we think this team will compete for a title this year? Players are making stupid decisions that lead to only bad results, Dak hasn't thrown a pass in preseason, haven't seen Pollard yet. 

Ugh, palm smacking forehead!!!!

43 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

https://www.star-telegram.com/

Sam Williams was arrested on Sunday on a marijuana and unlawful weapons charge.

Why in the world do these people feel it so necessary to carry a gun illegally?

I heard one theory that it has to do with a culture that many young athletes, among others, adopt. It is a culture of drugs and violence = success.

Why in the world would this country promote, endorse or even market this as an acceptable culture to live by?

Isn't playing professional football, earning millions and having the best medical care in the world enough?

Why do these people subscribe to this "gangsta" mentality? 

All it does is lead to jail time or an early death.

You would think someone that achieved such a high level of success would take care to protect himself and his future.

Oh well, bye Sam Williams. See ya after the 6 game, or worse, suspension.

Same ole dumb-*** Cowboys team run by the same ole dumb-*** clown of an owner.

Lmao , so this is Jerry’s fault ??? 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

In Texas you’re allowed to carry a gun without any license unless you’re a felon. But the minute you break another law you are illegally carrying. You are completely fine to have a gun in your car, unless you’ve been drinking. Then you are unlawfully carrying. 

It was not marijuana, they say it was less that one gram, I’m thinking it might have been some nose candy 🤷‍♂️. Either way, dumb move by Williams 🤦‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Lmao , so this is Jerry’s fault ??? 🤦‍♂️ 

Well, if it happens once, it's most likely the result of an undisciplined individual.

If it continues to happen (players knowingly breaking the law) then it's most likely the result of a culture that tolerates stupidity.

So, yeah, he's got some of the blame, not all.

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

We can’t have nice things. Ever. Just can’t. 

It’s unlikely given his potential, but at point do you make a statement and just cut bait?

I think you discuss all potential outcomes with cutting him being one of the options.  As he is a second round pick with pass rushing potential I feel a lot of I'm sorry and I won't do it again I've learned my lesson will be the refrain of choice  for now.  He will be under the microscope and on a short leash with the league however.  I just shake my head.

4 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

It was not marijuana, they say it was less that one gram, I’m thinking it might have been some nose candy 🤷‍♂️. Either way, dumb move by Williams 🤦‍♂️ 

Nope. He is being charged with POCS PG2 <1g. Booger sugar, along with meth, and prescription pills like painkillers are all penalty group 1. 

I would bet he had some THC oil/wax which is PG 2. He probably had a pen on him