The Road to 53: The Birds cut the dead weight

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

4 TEs is stupid. I don’t love the room but someone’s gotta go. I imagine a lot of Swift split out, so maybe that’s the reason for the limited WRs. A little worried we don’t have a RB that can eat carries that has some durability. The defense is mostly ok. I think it’s smart of Howie to cut Siposs so we can keep a fringe guy for the time being. There’s always 2-3 guys laying around that can punt as good as Siposs. No harm really cutting him. I expect some movement in the next week. Trade or signings. Nothing big though. That’s my two cents. You guys can breath now. 

The only thing I see here is that they use Big O and Calcaterra as big WR's initially.
I mean, they'll line up as TE's, but those will be mostly receiving situations.

"O" clearly can't block and that's why he was cut.
"C" will be in there to catch and block in the screen game.
This probably won't last more than three weeks before teams recognize personnel and formations.
A cut or a trade probably happens then.

Or, maybe "O" goes to Stoutland U for an advanced degree.
Can you imagine if he could block?
He's bigger than Stoll.
Worth a risk.
It is nice to have the luxury.

A couple of things to keep in mind. One, just because they are carrying X amount of players in to the first 53 man roster does not mean they will keep it that way. There is still the waiver wire period where some moves could be made. Second, I'm pretty sure they view Albert as a "big slot" and not so much as a true tight end.  He could possibly be who they want to fill Pascal's old role.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@EaglesFlySBChampsHigh you told me Howie smashed the off-season.  Starting LB, starting S and #3 CB all released.

And these are the guys howie brought in this offseason that are still on the roster:

jalen carter

nolan smith

tyler steen

sydney brown

kelee ringo

tanner mckee

moro ojomo

Deandre swift

Rashaad penny

Olamide zacchaeus

Albert okwuegbunam

Fred Johnson 

kentavious street 

zach Cunningham 

Eli ricks

mario Goodrich 

justin evans

terrell edmunds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@EaglesFlySBChampsHigh you told me Howie smashed the off-season.  Starting LB, starting S and #3 CB all released.

I love how you are assigning roles to those players. So Morrow was our starting LB Greedy was our no. 3 CB and who exactly was the starting S that we cut? K'Von Wallace? That entire premise is asinine. Greedy Williams and Nick Morrow (who were guaranteed $650k combined) didn't make the team? My God, what an indictment on the Eagles front office. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jays3 said:

And these are the guys howie brought in this offseason that are still on the roster:

jalen carter

nolan smith

tyler steen

sydney brown

kelee ringo

tanner mckee

moro ojomo

Deandre swift

Rashaad penny

Olamide zacchaeus

Albert okwuegbunam

Fred Johnson 

kentavious street 

zach Cunningham 

Eli ricks

mario Goodrich 

justin evans

terrell edmunds

Looks like a Youth Movement "rightfully  so" to me. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm curious if Matt Araiza agent,  has contacted the Eagles?

Make it happen Howie.  Season's here, who GAF about a Punter, dime a dozen so I've been told 

Make it happen 😎🥃

If by literally leaving a punter off of your roster a week before the season starts doesn’t scream “punters are a dime a dozen”, I don’t know what else you need to see. Do you think you could do that with any other position? 

Is this really where we are as a fan base?  Do we really need to beat Howie up because he signed a couple guys near league minimum in hopes they might be cheap contributors didn't make the team? Or giving up on a mid-late Rd pick?  There are about 30 teams and the league that would love to consider those their worst failures.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Is this really where we are as a fan base?  Do we really need to beat Howie up because he signed a couple guys near league minimum in hopes they might be cheap contributors didn't make the team? Or giving up on a mid-late Rd pick?  There are about 30 teams and the league that would love to consider those their worst failures.

And by pulling receipts on said transaction? Like really?

• Like 1