The Cuts Thread - Kemp, F Gardner, Mack, J Patterson, TCF, Fromm released

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Leaves us thin at tackle. Obada and J S-W can help inside. Or PotatoHead from the practice squad. 

A little, but I think we're okay. As long as your two studs don't get hurt too, they're on the field 90% of the time anyway. Ridgeway can rotate in, and Obada in a pinch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

A little, but I think we're okay. As long as your two studs don't get hurt too, they're on the field 90% of the time anyway. Ridgeway can rotate in, and Obada in a pinch. 

which reminds me . no mention recently of Jon Allen's plantar fasciitis  . that sure can be a nagging thing .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

John Keim:

Washington is going to place DT Phidarian Mathis on short term IR per source. Intention is to bring back C Tyler Larsen.

Refresh my memory, what round did we draft him? (*)

(*) this is rhetorical, I just want to beat that dead horse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Turtle you liked this kid right - thought we shoulda drafted him . I glad we took a shot and he ,,,, picked us over returning to the Cowgirls squad. The worm is turning men ! 

OR, second thought. He likely thinks he has a better chance of making the 53🧐

This is more probable to me. He was a decent LB and I saw him a good bit when he played JMU when we were FCS. But there might be something that wasn't clicking for him upstairs with the Cowgirls coaching. So hopefully change of scenery fixes that.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is more probable to me. He was a decent LB and I saw him a good bit when he played JMU when we were FCS. But there might be something that wasn't clicking for him upstairs with the Cowgirls coaching. So hopefully change of scenery fixes that.

Jabril Cox tore his ACL as a rookie & never really broke out. I question what he will be but it's worth taking a chance on him.

• Like 1

I really like the team we have with a few exceptions. I think there’s a nice group of young guys which bodes well for a nice team going forward. Do I wish we had a better quality o-line? Yes. Do I wish we had a better linebacker group? Yes. Overall I think we have a lot to look forward too, especially with the new owner group. 
What really would take this optimism to another level is Sam Howell being a very good QB and not be in search of another one for atleast till the end of his 2nd contract. 
It’s just such a nice feeling that we’re going into this season with a top 7-10 defense and an offense which has a lot of promise. 
We have a very tough schedule which will test this team and actually see what this team has and what it needs. 

Two observations on how this team was built.

Coming here RR didn’t have a real good track record on how they drafted in Carolina with a few exceptions. 
I don’t like that RR plays GM but I do have to say IMO we have had some good drafts (minus 2nd rd picks) better than I expected based on RR history. 
Free Agency has really SUCKED! I know RR never was a big on free agency but he could have done a hell of a lot better with obtaining players. 

This will be a very interesting year to see what the new ownership will do as far as a possible rebrand, coaches, stadium location…

I think we’re in a pretty good place moving forward and it feels so much better being a fan of this team. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like he may have just gone on IR... 

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

where's this coming from ? I looked around and didn't see any news on this .

Official Commanders twitter page has it up now.

Roster moves: - Signed C Tyler Larsen and DT Abdullah Anderson - Placed DT Phidarian Mathis and DE Efe Obada on the Reserve/Injured List - Signed LB Jabril Cox to the practice squad
Twitter · 1 hour ago

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Official Commanders twitter page has it up now.

Roster moves: - Signed C Tyler Larsen and DT Abdullah Anderson - Placed DT Phidarian Mathis and DE Efe Obada on the Reserve/Injured List - Signed LB Jabril Cox to the practice squad
Twitter · 1 hour ago

Sounds like we Obada have a problem. 

• Like 1