Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

On 11/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, Forge said:

@Sllim Pickens

In one of the dumbest trades you'll ever see, I got Justin Herbert for Tua and Fields from the guy in last place LOL 

How did this end up working out for you.  Obviously you would have rather have had Fields and Tua than Herbert but did Kyler and Purdy carry you enough through the playoffs?  

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

How did this end up working out for you.  Obviously you would have rather have had Fields and Tua than Herbert but did Kyler and Purdy carry you enough through the playoffs?  

I finished as the one seed after Purdy went on his tear and my team showing up (I was the 4 seed at the time of the trade), but as usual in this league i **** the bed in the semi's, won the third place game scoring 60 more points than anyone that week lol

Like the 9th year in the league, I'm 3-5 in the semi finals i think (missed the playoffs once). 

The only game where that trade back fired was of course the semi final lol. Fields scored 22 and I would have played him over Purdy (had no choice to play Purdy against Baltimore after Herbert was hurt) and that would have been enough to win, but frankly I could have just made different lineup decisions and won. Bijan and Calvin Ridley were both on bench. In their place I started Jonathan Taylor, Tony Pollard, Cooper Kupp, rashee rice who scored a combined 36. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I finished as the one seed after Purdy went on his tear and my team showing up (I was the 4 seed at the time of the trade), but as usual in this league i **** the bed in the semi's, won the third place game scoring 60 more points than anyone that week lol

Like the 9th year in the league, I'm 3-5 in the semi finals i think (missed the playoffs once). 

The only game where that trade back fired was of course the semi final lol. Fields scored 22 and I would have played him over Purdy (had no choice to play Purdy against Baltimore after Herbert was hurt) and that would have been enough to win, but frankly I could have just made different lineup decisions and won. Bijan and Calvin Ridley were both on bench. In their place I started Jonathan Taylor, Tony Pollard, Cooper Kupp, rashee rice who scored a combined 36. 

Thats tough.  I missed out on 2nd place by not playing Cook in the first round of the playoffs when he went off against the top D against RBs in the league.  I over thought it and it backfired.  Hopefully you still get a pay out for third in a league that expensive. 

• Like 1