Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

52 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats wild.  Sounds like collusion to not deal with you knowing that one of yours has to be dropped. Is there any other team that isn't super needy of a QB but could upgrade their 3rd QB and would give you anything? I'd almost take an L on him in a trade with a bottom team than let one of those 3 QBs go to a contender. 

The bolded is what i was talking about in my very first post, because I think that's what I'm going to have to do. At least that way I'm controlling where he's going and keeping him away from my primary competitors. 

So basically, here is where I'm at:

I can't add anyone from free agency. 

I can't proposed any trade that doesn't include Fields (who is currently illegally on my IR), and I can't accept any trade that doesn't involve Fields. 

In order to move Fields to the roster, it forces me to drop a QB. 

Now, my preference would have been to dump Tua. I know that you said Purdy, but in our league, the difference between Purdy and Tua is 3 points so far this year and Purdy has a much better schedule down the line and Tua and the Dolphins have kind of crapped the bed against good teams. His playoff matchups are rough. I can't trade Tua now, so I'd have to cut him. 

I am currently tied for second in my league at 7-3. The guy in first is 9-1, is getting Justin Jefferson back, just lost Deshaun Watson and is starting Mahomes / Howell. I think he'll put in a claim on Tua if I drop him, but the net gain is pretty minimal for him if I'm being honest. I did talk trade with him and he was basically looking at Pollard + Fields for anything decent (like Swift). He has Gibbs and Mostert at RB even without Swift (and would be adding Pollard) so his lineup is getting a huge gain imo if I make that kind of trade just from being able to plug in Fields. 

Second place guy has Lamar and Carr. He 100% is going to claim Tua and get better if I cut Tua. He made an offer of Fields + Jonathan Taylor for Rachaad White. I may be able to get him to take Pollard instead of JT21, but same problem exists there.  

There is a 3 way battle for the final playoff spot. The guy currently winning the tie breaker is the guy that has Dobbs / Wilson / Goff. Actually don't think he'd claim Tua if I drop him. The guys tied with him are the two that have no QBs, so they will 100% claim Tua. One has only Matt Stafford, the other has only Baker and Will Levis. 

So I'm thinking the actual benefit for me is being defensive here and simply trading Fields to the guy who is 1-9 and in last place. The guy in second to last place has Allen and Hurts, and will not trade ever (he has never made a trade in the history of the league, he has told everyone from day 1 that he wouldn't). So maybe offer the last place guy Fields for like Zeke and just get it out of the way and keep him away from other competitors. The trade may get vetoed by the league, or, believe it or not...there's a part of me that thinks the guy will say no to Fields for Zeke LOL 

Traded away KW3 + Kincaid for Bijan

Roster after deal:

QB: Lamar

WR: Lamb, Olave, Reed, Njigba

RB: CMC, Breece, Bijan, Charbonnet, Pierce, Chubba

TE: LaPorta

Even deal? Was it worth it? Lol. I just wasn't feeling Walkers next month's schedule and inefficiency lately. Kincaid has been great too no doubt, but he's an extra asset since I have LaPorta. Hoping my new 3-headed beast can win me a ship'

• Like 2

Now we will see if the league vetoes the trade. The commissioner already messaged me and said, "I don't love that. A 1-9 team shouldn't be trading". 

Man, we pay $500 a piece to be in this league, if he's 1-9 and wants to trade, that man gets to trade lol 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Now we will see if the league vetoes the trade. The commissioner already messaged me and said, "I don't love that. A 1-9 team shouldn't be trading". 

Man, we pay $500 a piece to be in this league, if he's 1-9 and wants to trade, that man gets to trade lol 

I would leave the league if they veto that trade. Nobody else is trading with you, it makes that guys team better which could impact some other teams.  Him tanking and being an easy win doesn’t help people either so the fact he is staying involved is a plus for me. The fact nobody else would trade with you as they would get to pick up someone is shadier than a 1-9 team making a trade. Veto is for pure collusion.  If it’s not that, you can’t veto.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Traded away KW3 + Kincaid for Bijan

Roster after deal:

QB: Lamar

WR: Lamb, Olave, Reed, Njigba

RB: CMC, Breece, Bijan, Charbonnet, Pierce, Chubba

TE: LaPorta

Even deal? Was it worth it? Lol. I just wasn't feeling Walkers next month's schedule and inefficiency lately. Kincaid has been great too no doubt, but he's an extra asset since I have LaPorta. Hoping my new 3-headed beast can win me a ship'

Given you have Laporta, it’s decent.  Like you said Bijan has a better schedule down the stretch but has had consistency issues too.  But it’s a minor upgrade likely which is still an upgrade. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Thats a league I would want out of.. any owner should be able to do whatever they want with their team, point blank

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Pulled the trigger....

I landed Achane and Keaton Mitchell for CMC and Doubs.

Edit: I also just found out you can keep players for 3 years instead of 2. So even better if Achane hits.

Great deal. The value of getting achane with a 10th going forward is huge 

• Like 1

Trade tyreek hill/Spears/Demario Douglas for Devonta Smith and Justin Jefferson.

He can’t afford to risk Jefferson sitting out any longer due to record…

Im gonna do it but all underestimating the possibility Jefferson never gets activated?

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, adamq said:

Dynasty PPR league, which side would you rather have....

JT/Garrett Wilson

Or

Bijan/Addison

I think JT/Wilson. Its hard though because there is a lot of projecting on the WR side. Wilson is going to be great fantasy WR as long as Rodgers is the QB--but what happens after he retires in 2 years? Back to his current production with nobody throwing him the ball?

On the other side, Addison is always going to be a WR2 who sometimes puts up WR1 numbers IMO and he has Jefferson to compete with targets. Kirk is possibly gone and the Vikings will be searching for a new QB potentially as soon as next season.

However Bijans ceiling is top 3 RB in fantasy if they ever get it together in ATL. But again, thats all a projection. Will it ever happen? Who knows.

Im sticking with JT/Wilson because they are more of a known commodity with less risk/projecting. JT on his best day is as good as Bijan is projected to be and Wilson on his best day is better than Addison

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think JT/Wilson. Its hard though because there is a lot of projecting on the WR side. Wilson is going to be great fantasy WR as long as Rodgers is the QB--but what happens after he retires in 2 years? Back to his current production with nobody throwing him the ball?

On the other side, Addison is always going to be a WR2 who sometimes puts up WR1 numbers IMO and he has Jefferson to compete with targets. Kirk is possibly gone and the Vikings will be searching for a new QB potentially as soon as next season.

However Bijans ceiling is top 3 RB in fantasy if they ever get it together in ATL. But again, thats all a projection. Will it ever happen? Who knows.

Im sticking with JT/Wilson because they are more of a known commodity with less risk/projecting. JT on his best day is as good as Bijan is projected to be and Wilson on his best day is better than Addison

Thanks that's almost exactly as I see it too.

I have the Bijan/Addison side and this dude really wants Bijan.. to be honest if it were a vacuum I would just flip a coin between JT and Bijan- but I know how badly he wants BR so I have all the leverage here.  Addison is a guy I'd love to get off of for an upgrade, he is super hot right now and I don't see him ever elevating to a top 10 WR so long as he has JJ on the other side

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Thanks that's almost exactly as I see it too.

I have the Bijan/Addison side and this dude really wants Bijan.. to be honest if it were a vacuum I would just flip a coin between JT and Bijan- but I know how badly he wants BR so I have all the leverage here.  Addison is a guy I'd love to get off of for an upgrade, he is super hot right now and I don't see him ever elevating to a top 10 WR so long as he has JJ on the other side

The only thing I would be concerned with is JTs availability. Hes already been banged up a few times and you dont want to get yourself into a Keenan Allen situation where the dude lives as a gametime decision with injuries games every season.

BUT if your confident in that, making the trade for him and Wilson makes the most sense. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1