Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

39 minutes ago, adamq said:

I really don't care about players like him to be honest long term. Nice player now but who knows what happens next year in Wash. I'm listening to this podcast right now by a couple guys who's strategy I've adopted, this dropped today and he explains it better than I can in text. About the 10 minute mark if you're interested. 

So I get the Bijan for JJ around the 10 Min mark but the 11:45 mark mentions you need some production at RB to win and you have absolutely zero at this point.  I get they think you can go trade for it or find it anywhere but if thats the case, you would have someone on your roster at least worth throwing in there or at least with upside to maybe take over a role next year.  Robinson may be in a different situation next year but the bottom line is you need production and as the guy said in the video, he isn't trading even spot starters for less than a 2nd because you losing with crap at RB is more valuable than a 3rd or later pick.  Given you have 3 1sts and and 3 seconds at the time, having the RB who can get you that 7-10 points is more important IMO.  

Given how bare your RB room is, you need to hit on at least 2 RBs in the draft or trade picks for RBs to get you points.  Depending on league size, for example in my 16 team draft, there were 10 RBs drafted in the first two rounds and of those 10, 4 of them are producing enough to throw in (including Gibbs if healthy) and two of those were the first two picks.  In looking at the player quality drafted in the second round of dynasty drafts, Brian Robinson would easily be a 1st round pick if you redraft either of the last two years.  Like 80% of the second round picks from 21 and 22 have not been kept.  

So I get the idea of doing it, but again in your situation, I would have easily kept Robinson vs a 2nd to at least have someone who should get you 7-10 at RB next year.  

Oh I don't think I was clear, I am totally tanking with this team. Startup didn't go well for me and there's a couple powerhouse teams but they have a lot of old players. Purely looking to lose now for draft position and then win in '24. I won't get #1 but I should land with #2 or #3 easily, giving me Harrison or a QB to trade for a haul. In the leagues I play in Brian Robinson's can be bought and sold easily, but I can wait until preseason '24 and buy a situation I like instead of being stuck with one guy

Edited by adamq

18 hours ago, adamq said:

Oh I don't think I was clear, I am totally tanking with this team. Startup didn't go well for me and there's a couple powerhouse teams but they have a lot of old players. Purely looking to lose now for draft position and then win in '24. I won't get #1 but I should land with #2 or #3 easily, giving me Harrison or a QB to trade for a haul. In the leagues I play in Brian Robinson's can be bought and sold easily, but I can wait until preseason '24 and buy a situation I like instead of being stuck with one guy

I get that you’re tanking, but for 24 you have 0 RBs. And with the draft being meh for RBs, it will be hard to find the right ones in the draft even with 6 early picks. At some point you still need players. And my take is you won’t be able to buy something as decent as Brian Robinson Jr for a 2nd next year.  That’s why I said it will be interesting to see what you can get instead of him with that 2nd.  Maybe I’m wrong and someone will have a ton of depth but I’m not selling depth to a team with a bunch of holes for cheap if I’m your league mates. 

• Like 1

Superflex league - 

Tua /  Jonathan Taylor / Ridder for Purdy / Herbert ? 

At this point I'm just having fun and trying to figure out a workable trade with this guy. 

Something like Tua + JT21 for maybe Purdy + Ekeler? I think I'm probably getting the better end of that, but maybe he'll take it 

Trying really hard to move off Taylor

Traded James Cook for Davonta Smith. PPR league. 

Smith has me worried, but I want to take a shot on buying low on him. I think the narrative would be a little different had he not had a bad drop against the Jets. 

Still need to find a way to get out from under Jonathan Taylor, I think. 

• Like 1

Trade:
Bijan Robinson - RB
TuTu Atwell - WR

Get:
Jonathan Taylor - RB
Jerome Ford - RB
Terry McLaurin - WR

Roster
QB - Jordan Love | Joe Burrow
RB - Bijan Robinson | Brian Robinson Jr. | James Cook | Rachaad White | Cam Akers
WR - A.J Brown | Amari Cooper | Christian Watson | TuTu Atwell | K.J. Osborn
TE - Kyle Pitts

Would you do this trade? I placed this in a couple of trade analyzer and they said it's a good trade.
12 team | PPR | I am 2-3 currently 9th

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Traded James Cook for Davonta Smith. PPR league. 

Smith has me worried, but I want to take a shot on buying low on him. I think the narrative would be a little different had he not had a bad drop against the Jets. 

Still need to find a way to get out from under Jonathan Taylor, I think. 

I would make that trade depending on your RB and WR situation.

5 hours ago, xlfrosti said:

Trade:
Bijan Robinson - RB
TuTu Atwell - WR

Get:
Jonathan Taylor - RB
Jerome Ford - RB
Terry McLaurin - WR

Roster
RB - Bijan Robinson | Brian Robinson Jr. | James Cook | Rachaad White | Cam Akers
TE - Kyle Pitts

Would you do this trade? I placed this in a couple of trade analyzer and they said it's a good trade.

Not sure Ford would ever be useful for you.. in a redraft Bijan/JT are kind of a wash depending on who you like and how heavy a workload you think JT will end up with.... I like the upgrade from Atwell to McLaurin, but I would want something else besides Ford. Maybe a TE or another WR?

16 hours ago, xlfrosti said:

Trade:
Bijan Robinson - RB
TuTu Atwell - WR

Get:
Jonathan Taylor - RB
Jerome Ford - RB
Terry McLaurin - WR

Roster
TE - Kyle Pitts

I'd be hesitant. You'd be giving up your only #1 RB for 3 players who haven't really proven much so far this year. I think your depth at this point is good enough that you shouldn't have to trade for more depth at the cost of one of your top players. If you're buying low on Taylor hoping that he will return to form and his first 2 weeks are just getting the rust off that would make more sense but I'd see if I could get a little more.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Forge said:

Superflex league - 

Tua /  Jonathan Taylor / Ridder for Purdy / Herbert ? 

At this point I'm just having fun and trying to figure out a workable trade with this guy. 

Something like Tua + JT21 for maybe Purdy + Ekeler? I think I'm probably getting the better end of that, but maybe he'll take it 

Trying really hard to move off Taylor

I don't have any experience with superflex leagues but I'd have a hard time giving up Tua with how that offense is playing.

Is Ridder your only other QB? If so I might go for the first offer since Herbert and Purdy are probably better than Tua and Ridder together and JT has done much to prove he is his old self yet. 

I'm looking to upgrade my RB position so I'm thinking of offering CeeDee and Brian Robinson for Kamara and Waddle. I think it's probably a little more in my favor but he is desperate for a #1 WR and I think CeeDee provides that over Waddle.

My WRs are Tyreek, Kupp, Lamb, Michael Thomas, and Rashee Rice

My RBs are Aaron Jones, Alex Mattison, Brian Robinson, Achane, Keontay Ingram, and Roschon Johnson

His WRs are Waddle, Watson, Osborn, E Moore, and R Moore

His RBs are Ekeler, Kamara, Mostert, Javonte WIlliams, and Antonio Gibson.

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I'm looking to upgrade my RB position so I'm thinking of offering CeeDee and Brian Robinson for Kamara and Waddle. I think it's probably a little more in my favor but he is desperate for a #1 WR and I think CeeDee provides that over Waddle.

My WRs are Tyreek, Kupp, Lamb, Michael Thomas, and Rashee Rice

My RBs are Aaron Jones, Alex Mattison, Brian Robinson, Achane, Keontay Ingram, and Roschon Johnson

His WRs are Waddle, Watson, Osborn, E Moore, and R Moore

His RBs are Ekeler, Kamara, Mostert, Javonte WIlliams, and Antonio Gibson.

I like it just fine. The hardest part for you may be that lamb has his bye this week. I always find that difficult to push through if a player is on a current bye

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Viking said:

I don't have any experience with superflex leagues but I'd have a hard time giving up Tua with how that offense is playing.

Is Ridder your only other QB? If so I might go for the first offer since Herbert and Purdy are probably better than Tua and Ridder together and JT has done much to prove he is his old self yet. 

Amazingly, he traded ekeler to the best team in the league for freaking Aaron Jones and puka nacua. Sigh.  I really needed ekeler to make a push. 

I picked up Kyler and stashed him on IR. Reportedly he may practice soon, so hopefully I'll just need to get through the next few weeks

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xlfrosti said:

Trade:
Bijan Robinson - RB
TuTu Atwell - WR

Get:
Jonathan Taylor - RB
Jerome Ford - RB
Terry McLaurin - WR

Roster
TE - Kyle Pitts

I would not do that trade.  Taylor may not get a full load with Moss playing well and them preserving him some.  Ford and McLaurin would not likely factor into much other than a bye week fill in but if you can play 2 WR and flex, you have enough depth at RB to fill in for byes as is with Cook/White.  

• Like 2