Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I no longer have an option because of the system. I basically have an invalid roster with fields on IR when he's no longer out. I can't move him to my active roster because then I have 4 QBs and the system won't allow it

That sucks, but I still would not drop Fields.  The running ability of Fields and Kyler is too impactful for me to consider giving one of them up.  Purdy has the best matchups late in the season so I can see keeping him but I would easily keep Fields over Kyler. 

It's pretty frustrating that I can't get anyone to budge. The guy in second in the league is rolling Lamar and Carr in his two QB spots, so I offered fields and tua for Lamar which is almost certainly a huge net positive for him and basically meaningless to me in terms of weekly lineup and he's like nope, I'm good lol

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That sucks, but I still would not drop Fields.  The running ability of Fields and Kyler is too impactful for me to consider giving one of them up.  Purdy has the best matchups late in the season so I can see keeping him but I would easily keep Fields over Kyler. 

Then my roster is locked and I can't make any changes the rest of the year. The system doesn't even allow me to change my start / sit lineup with an invalid roster

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Then my roster is locked and I can't make any changes the rest of the year. The system doesn't even allow me to change my start / sit lineup with an invalid roster

What site are you on?  You can't just drop one of them as your move? Or have a League Manager do it?  Usually when you bring someone off IR it lets you drop someone on any platform I have used. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

What site are you on?  You can't just drop one of them as your move? Or have a League Manager do it?  Usually when you bring someone off IR it lets you drop someone on any platform I have used. 

I'll have to try to just drop a QB. Earlier today it cancelled a waiver request I had in because of my invalid roster so I assumed it was going to do that no matter what, but I didn't try just dropping to see if I got an error there

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

My lineup is set for the next two weeks... I'm debating not doing anything. Week 13 I have two on bye so I'd have to adjust, but technically I don't need to do anything until then, I think

Maybe it would let you trade if you are trading Fields.  Like Fields and WR for better WR since the transaction would remove your error. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Maybe it would let you trade if you are trading Fields.  Like Fields and WR for better WR since the transaction would remove your error. 

It does, but I can't get anyone to trade lol.

I started with fields for Pittman and Fields for aiyuk to the two most QB needy teams.i thought those were reasonable. They both said no.

Since then I've also offered Fields for tee Higgins and got turned down and Fields for devonta Smith which was also turned down. 

I offered fields for Zack Moss to handcuff Taylor ros, and he said it wasn't worth it to have to drop his own QB to get fields (he has Goff, Russ and Dobbs). 

I offered fields + laporta for Hockenson and that guy said no as well. 

it's legitimately insane 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It does, but I can't get anyone to trade lol.

I started with fields for Pittman and Fields for aiyuk to the two most QB needy teams.i thought those were reasonable. They both said no.

Since then I've also offered Fields for tee Higgins and got turned down and Fields for devonta Smith which was also turned down. 

I offered fields for Zack Moss to handcuff Taylor ros, and he said it wasn't worth it to have to drop his own QB to get fields (he has Goff, Russ and Dobbs). 

I offered fields + laporta for Hockenson and that guy said no as well. 

it's legitimately insane 

That is insane.  Do you have a lower level WR you could send with Fields for Aiyuk or Smith?  

How big of a league is this?  I find it nuts that people wouldn't want to upgrade from Russ/Dobbs for low costs.  

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That is insane.  Do you have a lower level WR you could send with Fields for Aiyuk or Smith?  

How big of a league is this?  I find it nuts that people wouldn't want to upgrade from Russ/Dobbs for low costs.  

12 team. There's one guy who only has Matt Stafford and that's literally it lol. He has chase, AJ Brown, deebo, aiyuk, Dotson won't trade aiyuk or deebo for fields. 

The other team that really needs a QB has amari, Pittman, Olave, Keenan Allen and won't trade one for a QB. 

It's two receiver spots and a flex and a superflex. Kind of blows my mind

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks @Sllim Pickens and @Forge.

I'm likely going to do it. I am going to try and squeeze a bit more out of him though, offering CMC + Doubs for Achane + Ford or Mitchell.

Mitchell is another intriguing option and I think would be fun to potentially keep.  If he ever takes over and gets a real chance to lead the Baltimore RB room next year, he would probably be more valuable as a last round pick or whatever free agents are kept at than JT for a 4th.  

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

12 team. There's one guy who only has Matt Stafford and that's literally it lol. He has chase, AJ Brown, deebo, aiyuk, Dotson won't trade aiyuk or deebo for fields. 

The other team that really needs a QB has amari, Pittman, Olave, Keenan Allen and won't trade one for a QB. 

It's two receiver spots and a flex and a superflex. Kind of blows my mind

Thats wild.  Sounds like collusion to not deal with you knowing that one of yours has to be dropped. Is there any other team that isn't super needy of a QB but could upgrade their 3rd QB and would give you anything? I'd almost take an L on him in a trade with a bottom team than let one of those 3 QBs go to a contender.