Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

Trade has already been made but curious for people's thoughts on it: Traded Kenneth Walker III for Cooper Kupp straight up in my main league, 0.5 ppr/12 man.

Other RB's are Kamara, Javonte Williams, Khalil Herbert, and Keaton Mitchell

WR's are Garrett Wilson, Diontae Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, and Zay Flowers, and Kelce at TE. 

To the extent it's relevant, I'm 9-11 (we do an extra win/matchup every week on whether you beat the median or not) and one game out of the playoffs with 4 weeks left. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

5 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Trade has already been made but curious for people's thoughts on it: Traded Kenneth Walker III for Cooper Kupp straight up in my main league, 0.5 ppr/12 man.

Other RB's are Kamara, Javonte Williams, Khalil Herbert, and Keaton Mitchell

WR's are Garrett Wilson, Diontae Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, and Zay Flowers, and Kelce at TE. 

To the extent it's relevant, I'm 9-11 (we do an extra win/matchup every week on whether you beat the median or not) and one game out of the playoffs with 4 weeks left. 

I think you're much stronger at RB and less so at WR so getting Kupp for your team set-up is definitely a win for you in that case. Just got to hope that Stafford stays healthy 

• Like 2

Was just offered an enormous trade.

My CMC for his Achane.

The main thing to note though this is a 2 keeper league for rounds 3 onwards (Moving up a round each year). Since I drafted CMC in the first I wouldn't be able to keep him. He drafted Achane in the 10th, so he would be a 9th round keeper next season then an 8th the following year.

I am currently 2-8 and completely out of the playoff race (I have the 5th most PF out of 12 guys but the most PA by a landslide).

What say you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My CMC for his Achane.

The main thing to note though this is a 2 keeper league for rounds 3 onwards (Moving up a round each year). Since I drafted CMC in the first I wouldn't be able to keep him. He drafted Achane in the 10th, so he would be a 9th round keeper next season then an 8th the following year.

I am currently 2-8 and completely out of the playoff race (I have the 5th most PF out of 12 guys but the most PA by a landslide).

What say you?

As long as you don't have other keepers, I would probably do it.  I have often been about playing for the future in keeper leagues if you are out of it.  Its risky because Achane still hasn't had enough volume to show he is not a flash but at the same time is a healthy risk to get a likely highly drafted RB next year in the 10th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

As long as you don't have other keepers, I would probably do it.  I have often been about playing for the future in keeper leagues if you are out of it.  Its risky because Achane still hasn't had enough volume to show he is not a flash but at the same time is a healthy risk to get a likely highly drafted RB next year in the 10th. 

I 100% plan on keeper Jonathan Taylor at a 4th rounder next year. For the other keeper I was thinking of keeping Brian Robinson as a 7th, McBride as an 8th or Spears as a 12th as of right now.

I have also been offered a few other trades now:

• Jefferson + LaPorta (Would only be able to keep Laporta (8th next year) as JJ was a 1st
  • Kyren + Gus Edwards (Kyren would be an 8th rounder next year I believe)
  • Gibbs (2nd next year)
  • Kennan Allen (4th next year) , Kmet and Warren (8th next year)

And more offers are yet to come.

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I 100% plan on keeper Jonathan Taylor at a 4th rounder next year. For the other keeper I was thinking of keeping Brian Robinson as a 7th, McBride as an 8th or Spears as a 12th as of right now.

I have also been offered a few other trades now:

• Jefferson + LaPorta (Would only be able to keep Laporta (8th next year) as JJ was a 1st
  • Kyren + Gus Edwards (Kyren would be an 8th rounder next year I believe)
  • Gibbs (2nd next year)
  • Kennan Allen (4th next year) , Kmet and Warren (8th next year)

And more offers are yet to come.

So you are allowed to keep 2 players?  Given that I think Achane for a 10th is better value than any of those unless Henry is moved and Spears is given a lead role. I like JJ and Laporta if you could then flip JJ for something else either draft pick wise since having a top TE for cheap is nice too.  However, other than maybe Puka and even then that is a toss up, Achane is likely the best late round keeper from this draft though.  

If you were able to and trying to creep back into it this year I would probably take another deal but I think it makes sense given your eliminated. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

@Sllim Pickens I'll also note the Achane owner also owns Breece Hall, who would be a 3rd next season.

Should I covet Breece at a 3rd or Achane at a 9th? I could say F it and try for both and even include Taylor?

My head is spinning lol.

I think Hall and Taylor are pretty close.  And now that JT is getting up to speed, he has been more solid and consistent.  I think having him at a 4th and then likely a 3rd the next year is more value.  

I would easily take Achane over Hall keeper wise.  My take is in the draft, you will either have Hall plus a 9th (likely roster fodder) or Achane and a 3rd (likely a top end starter).  Even if Achane puts up 60% of the points as Hall, it will likely be worth it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My CMC for his Achane.

What say you?

Since you're out of it, I think you can do it. 

• Like 1

Getting squeezed by roster restrictions in my league and I think I'm going to end up having to give Justin Fields away for basically free lol 

We are a superflex league with a maximum of 3 qbs on the active roster (doesn't count IR, obviously). I have Tua, then when Fields got hurt, someone dropped him for some reason...so I picked him up. Then I picked up Kyler 3 weeks ago because he was ramping up...then on the 49ers bye week, someone dropped brock purdy for some reason and so I picked him up to keep from getting a couple of other teams who really needed QBs that I'm fighting for a playoff spot with (since then, I've won two straight and they both lost two straight, so now I have breathing room). 

For whatever reason, have not been able to get anyone to bite on any sort of trade. I even opened it up to hte two guys I was trying to block and nothing. One guy is starting Matt Stafford with no second QB, and the other is starting Baker and Will Levis. I offered any of my QBs for Brandon Aiyuk from one (don't even need Aiyuk tbh) and any of my Qbs for Michael Pittman (who this guy doesn't play because he has Amari, Pittman, Keenan and Olave) and both are just passing. 

So now I think I'm just going to give Fields away to the guy who is 1-9 in our league just to keep him off waivers so they don't get him lol. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

@Sllim Pickens I'll also note the Achane owner also owns Breece Hall, who would be a 3rd next season.

Should I covet Breece at a 3rd or Achane at a 9th? I could say F it and try for both and even include Taylor?

My head is spinning lol.

Side note, I find it funny that Achane is still a top 25 RB this season.  He played in 4 games technically but only had 1 carry in his first game. 3 games and he is in the top 25 with people who have played all 10 or 11 and only 1 point behind Ekeler who has now played 6 games.  I think I would take a chance on that for the future and the low cost of a 10th. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Side note, I find it funny that Achane is still a top 25 RB this season.  He played in 4 games technically but only had 1 carry in his first game. 3 games and he is in the top 25 with people who have played all 10 or 11 and only 1 point behind Ekeler who has now played 6 games.  I think I would take a chance on that for the future and the low cost of a 10th. 

I agree with this.  Achane is tied into an explosive offense and may not need a lot of workload to be a high end RB2 in future years ... with the upside of being an RB1 type player

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Getting squeezed by roster restrictions in my league and I think I'm going to end up having to give Justin Fields away for basically free lol 

We are a superflex league with a maximum of 3 qbs on the active roster (doesn't count IR, obviously). I have Tua, then when Fields got hurt, someone dropped him for some reason...so I picked him up. Then I picked up Kyler 3 weeks ago because he was ramping up...then on the 49ers bye week, someone dropped brock purdy for some reason and so I picked him up to keep from getting a couple of other teams who really needed QBs that I'm fighting for a playoff spot with (since then, I've won two straight and they both lost two straight, so now I have breathing room). 

For whatever reason, have not been able to get anyone to bite on any sort of trade. I even opened it up to hte two guys I was trying to block and nothing. One guy is starting Matt Stafford with no second QB, and the other is starting Baker and Will Levis. I offered any of my QBs for Brandon Aiyuk from one (don't even need Aiyuk tbh) and any of my Qbs for Michael Pittman (who this guy doesn't play because he has Amari, Pittman, Keenan and Olave) and both are just passing. 

So now I think I'm just going to give Fields away to the guy who is 1-9 in our league just to keep him off waivers so they don't get him lol. 

I would give Purdy away before Fields or even Kyler.  Especially given you have Tua as another safe option.  Fields upside is 50 point weeks he put up last year and the 36/46 he did in back to back weeks this year before getting hurt.  If nobody is taking a chance on any of them, then they dont have value but I think Fields is more valuable than Purdy and Kyler.  

Also have you tried doing one of them and a good WR for a better WR instead of just a 1 for 1?  If there is any improvement for your roster you can get, why not do it? Like I dont know your best WR but if say you have Devonte Smith or something, swap him and one of those QBs for ARSB, Keenan Allen or something like that. Or improve your TE.  whatever makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would give Purdy away before Fields or even Kyler.  Especially given you have Tua as another safe option.  Fields upside is 50 point weeks he put up last year and the 36/46 he did in back to back weeks this year before getting hurt.  If nobody is taking a chance on any of them, then they dont have value but I think Fields is more valuable than Purdy and Kyler.  

I no longer have an option because of the system. I basically have an invalid roster with fields on IR when he's no longer out. I can't move him to my active roster because then I have 4 QBs and the system won't allow it