Predict Packer 2023 season

mikebpackfan

Wins for 2023 Packers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. WINS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 08:05 PM

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've got them at 7-9 wins this year.  Remember, the first year of Aaron Rodgers' career as a starting QB the Packers went 6-10 as the starting QB of the Packers.  That Packers' roster had more proven talent at WR than this year's roster does.  Defensively, that team had both Charles Woodson and Nick Collins in the secondary.  They couldn't apply pressure since outside of Aaron Kampman's 9.5 sack, they had 17.5 sacks from the rest of the roster combined.

Remember that team was also playing a 1st place schedule vs a 3rd place schedule

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've got them at 7-9 wins this year.  Remember, the first year of Aaron Rodgers' career as a starting QB the Packers went 6-10 as the starting QB of the Packers.  That Packers' roster had more proven talent at WR than this year's roster does.  Defensively, that team had both Charles Woodson and Nick Collins in the secondary.  They couldn't apply pressure since outside of Aaron Kampman's 9.5 sack, they had 17.5 sacks from the rest of the roster combined.

I do remember this but don't think it is a predictor of what this team will do. 

I like the overall talent on this team to include depth at crucial positions. Safety is a concern as is the kicking game. 

I'll even better about things after we curb stomp the Bears Sunday. 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I suppose more proven. Jordy was basically a non-contributer at that point and the tight ends were not much ( neither are the 2023 TE's yet). Talent wise, I think you may have more with Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, etc though. We'll see.

2023 RB roster is certianly better/more involved as pass catchers.

2023 has a significantly better pass rush and probably O-line.

Are 2023's CBs behind much when you consider the overall depth?

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I suppose more proven. Jordy was basically a non-contributer at that point and the tight ends were not much ( neither are the 2023 TE's yet). Talent wise, I think you may have more with Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, etc though. We'll see.

2023 RB roster is certianly better/more involved as pass catchers.

2023 has a significantly better pass rush and probably O-line.

Are 2023's CBs behind much when you consider the overall depth?

Rasul was not great last year. Vallentine is still an unknown and Stokes is coming off major surgery. It's Jaire and a bunch of question marks for me at this point. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I had forgotten Tramon was there in 2008 too.

I guess my overall point was, I'm not overly comfortable with our CB room. I also forgot to mention Nixon as our nickel. I also understand he struggled in camp this year as the slot. Safety position is even worse. 

For this week at least, I think there are two scenarios we lose. We lose the turnover battle by 2 or more. Justin Fields goes off running the football. I don't see him beating us throwing the football. 

Edited by Old Guy

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

2008 team had an expected W/L of 9-7, had the 22nd ranked defense in points

The 2008 team is apples to the 2023 oranges 

I don't think they put up more than 13 against our defense. So that's my cap unless they find a defensive or ST score/big play.

Could see our offense have to fight for it, but think our running game is strong enough to build a couple scoring drives and our passing game has obvious big play potential. 

20-13 GB

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think they put up more than 13 against our defense. So that's my cap unless they find a defensive or ST score/big play.

Could see our offense have to fight for it, but think our running game is strong enough to build a couple scoring drives and our passing game has obvious big play potential. 

20-13 GB

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Wrong thread. Don't care 

I will buy you a six pack if you post that prediction in every gdt

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

He's gonna have to beat out Musgrave! 😁

both could be candidates for OROY, finally our offense has a host of offensive skill position players that can support and help a QB blossom, Love has to be happy that Gute filled his tool box.😁

Edited by turf toe
  • Like 1