Bears/Packers- Week 1 GDT

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am still baffled why he isnt out there, I hate having Whitehair out there with a bad hand

As soon as Whitehair can snap again he needs to be back at centre to cover his lack of strength and power and let Carter play LG...then when Jenkins is back let Carter compete with Davis...no one should be comfortable in their spot until this OL looks far better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 9:42 AM, vegas492 said:

I come in peace.

I have questions for you, and some comments.

Questions first...to all of you, are you more disappointed in Fields/Coaches/Front Office?  Or are you more disappointed that Love looked quite competent for GB?  Or Both?

Packer fan here, but I felt for you.  Badly.  I thought your QB looked like he regressed from last year.  He stared down every receiver and the coaches showed no trust in him with that gameplan.  Defensively, Love/MLF did anything they wanted to do the defense that had some high priced FA's at ILB.

I saw Moore running open downfield many times against the zone.  He was where he needed to be, but Fields either wouldn't look at him or he felt like the throws were too risky.  But I thought Moore was open a bunch.

Claypool looked so soft out there.  He gave up early.  

Mooney was a gamer, again.  Just a really nice player.  Too bad he got hurt in garbage time.

As a GB fan, I don't know just how good that team is, or how good Love is after that game.  And it's because I thought your team played that badly.  Check that, I don't know if they played that badly, or if the scheme/prep was that bad.  Either way, it was a poor team effort from Chicago, at home, against a rival who just lost a HOF QB.

Did not age well at all….

3 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Did not age well at all….

I mean 8 TDs to 3 INTs and 225 yard per game isn't bad, comes out to 34 TDs, 13 INTs, and just under 4000 yards. That's above competent. If greats like Rodgers, Brady, etc have bad stretches then two mediocre to bad games for his first 4 game stretch as a starter isn't that damning.

That being said accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and you don't get to play a cupcake defense like Chicago every 4 games to pad stats but I'd be fairly happy if Fields was passing at that level (and still getting to utilize his legs).