Bears/Packers- Week 1 GDT

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The most likely scenario is that Love will almost certainly be closer to Christian Ponder than he will Aaron Rodgers. Don't be nervous.

The Bears are 10-27 against Green Bay since 2005 (if my math is right). I see that other helmet and just assume loss, even if you were at QB. Also it's just preseason but Love looked pretty solid in the preseason. Combine that with their OL likely dismantling the Bears' DL, I'm not optimistic

Edited by beardown3231

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The most likely scenario is that Love will almost certainly be closer to Christian Ponder than he will Aaron Rodgers. Don't be nervous.

On a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being Christian ponder, 5 being EJ Manuel, and 10 being jake locker where does Love fall?

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bears are 10-27 against Green Bay since 2005 (if my math is right). I see that other helmet and just assume loss, even if you were at QB. Also it's just preseason but Love looked pretty solid in the preseason. Combine that with their OL likely dismantling the Bears' DL, I'm not optimistic

No offense to @chisoxguy7, but I would absolutely expect a loss of he were lined up at QB.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

On a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being Christian ponder, 5 being EJ Manuel, and 10 being jake locker where does Love fall?

No offense to @chisoxguy7, but I would absolutely expect a loss of he were lined up at QB.

He comes in as 5/7 of a Gabbert.

Ask any of my online teammates and they’ll tell you I’m phenomenal at throwing.

• Like 2

I went back and looked at that EJ Manuel draft for fun, man that was a pretty rough draft all over. We took Long. I remember many were real sad to not get Justin Pugh, who never made a pro bowl. 

Looking back, the top QBs from that draft were Geno Smith and the Giraffe (Glennon). Former Bear Matt Barkley also went that year.

Overall the lack of practice from a lot of starters of late in offseason is concerning .

My biggest concern is interior of O line and then Oline in general. 

Whitehair did not look great at LG last year and is back there again.  Patrick looked terrible at RG and is back in starting lineup.  Davis has barely practiced.

RT is talented, but a rookie.  Braxton is still struggling some with power rushes.  

I felt way better about unit with a healthy Jenkins in lineup. He makes a big difference.

The Packers dLine has a definite advantage on us for game 1.  That is their greatest advantage and it should be.  Just about their whole dLine is first round picks.

Our WRs and TEs have an advantage on their secondary overall I believe. If they lose Alexander they are truly screwed.   

Brisker and Eddie have not practiced much this offseason.  Claypool was out for awhile as well.

Things I am excited about.  Upgrade at WR.  Making Claypool and Mooney who didn’t even really get to play together much last year to 2 and 3 WRs is huge. 

Rookie DL are not great against run yet.  But Billings addition will be huge upgrade inside.

It is hard to play super handsy as a rookie in NFL.  Refs kind of jump on you early to set a tone, plus they tend to err on side of throwing flags in first 1/4 of season in general.  I worry about Stephenson given that who wants to be physical.

I am excited about Gordon.  He has looked good early.  LBs are really good.  Edmunds needs some more warm up though.  I expect him to look much better in game 3 than he does in 1 and 2.  

Watson speed is a problem, but our secondary against their WRs should be advantage us if we can get some pass rush going.

Fields has not looked as fast as he did last year when scrambling, but it could be he hasn’t gone all out yet or put on some more muscle as he does look thicker.

I am hoping he doesn’t force ball to Moore and trusts Mooney and Claypool.  Make Packers defend the whole field.

First games are difficult to predict because they are so game plan dependent without enough information on other team.  They can produce misleading results as teams aren’t where they want to be yet in process.  

I think on paper the match up is very close and teams are fairly close in overall talent, but doesn’t mean game will be close.  

I still like Bears by 3 at home.