Bears/Packers- Week 1 GDT

beardown3231

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Is this slander, or the best auto-correct self-report ever?

Why not both?

Wow, Packers showing top two receivers on the report.  I wish them a semi-speedy recovery into next week.

Anyone else having nerves about this game? I never get nervous about events I can't control, but I'm excited and terrified about this game.  Has there been a more definitive game for the Bears in recent years?  Right as the Packers org is tilting from having a HOF QB into a giant question mark, the Bears are entering into the growing phase of a rebuild.  Meanwhile we've got two QBs who both need to be successful and all eyes on them.  Go Bears!

What are you guys doing for the game? We're having friends and neighbors over to watch outside on the projector, grilling some and drinking some beers. We have a nice outdoor covered space for watching movies and stuff, and I'm usually pretty respectful and keep the volume low but if this game is fun I've decided I want it to be heard in Kenosha, and we have a pointlessly high tech sound system out there so I may achieve. 

Gotta remember with many of the talking heads, their job isn't necessarily to make predictions, it's to make waves that give them more attention and increase "engagement" on social media platforms. 

They'll say something stupid or outright wrong just to get you to reply correcting them, since your reply counts for much more on social media than a mere view. 

Tldr, if it sounds like clickbait, it probably is clickbait

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Gotta remember with many of the talking heads, their job isn't necessarily to make predictions, it's to make waves that give them more attention and increase "engagement" on social media platforms. 

They'll say something stupid or outright wrong just to get you to reply correcting them, since your reply counts for much more on social media than a mere view. 

I believe I've posted this before, but think about it: if EVERY Bears fan on twitter blocked and reported spam on Bukkake, he would be thrown off of twitter. Wouldn't that be the way to go? Just like Skip Bayless. Want him to go away? Take away twitter from his scuzzy hands

18 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Anyone else having nerves about this game? I never get nervous about events I can't control, but I'm excited and terrified about this game.  Has there been a more definitive game for the Bears in recent years?  Right as the Packers org is tilting from having a HOF QB into a giant question mark, the Bears are entering into the growing phase of a rebuild.  Meanwhile we've got two QBs who both need to be successful and all eyes on them.  Go Bears!

No nerves here. I'm hoping I get more invested into the Bears than I have been this year and last. Maybe a good season will get me more interested again. 

18 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

What are you guys doing for the game? We're having friends and neighbors over to watch outside on the projector, grilling some and drinking some beers. We have a nice outdoor covered space for watching movies and stuff, and I'm usually pretty respectful and keep the volume low but if this game is fun I've decided I want it to be heard in Kenosha, and we have a pointlessly high tech sound system out there so I may achieve. 

Morning jog with the stupid dog, church, grilling and watching the game(s), and we likely will have a few card games after the Bears game. Kids want to learn to play poker so I might set up a little game where we use my youngest's play money. 

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Something about this post reminds me of some kind of QB talk going on for the last few weeks. ;)

5 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Relaxing in the morning, helping the wife get food ready for all the Packers fans that are coming over, and also going out for a motorcycle ride with a friend so he can get used to my second bike that he is borrowing. And finally watching the game being the only Bears fan surrounded by Packers fans.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Something about this post reminds me of some kind of QB talk going on for the last few weeks. ;)

Genuinely don't understand why that would be. I'm not even rooting against Fields, I genuinely hope he becomes the guy you seem to think he already is. I  just look at the objective reality of what he's shown us on the field, and the complete lack of progression he has shown himself to be making on the field and I don't see how anyone has any significant hope for this miracle turnaround where he becomes a super star. Right now he's a more athletic, but ultimately less successful Mitch Trubisky. Cool he makes plays with his legs, but he hasn't yet proven he can win games actually playing quarterback. That opinion isn't going to change until HE goes out and changes it.

I'm not saying it for money, I don't care if it generates clicks, on a website forum I'm not affiliated with... I'm just saying it because I've genuinely  jumped off the Fields bandwagon. I'm just tired of the excuses, and tired of this franchise bending over backwards giving people chances based on their draft status. If he was an UDFA putting up ~2600 yards a season (his average passing yards per game stretched to 17 games.... which he hasn't yet played once) we'd already have moved on.

28 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Genuinely don't understand why that would be. I'm not even rooting against Fields, I genuinely hope he becomes the guy you seem to think he already is. I  just look at the objective reality of what he's shown us on the field, and the complete lack of progression he has shown himself to be making on the field and I don't see how anyone has any significant hope for this miracle turnaround where he becomes a super star. Right now he's a more athletic, but ultimately less successful Mitch Trubisky. Cool he makes plays with his legs, but he hasn't yet proven he can win games actually playing quarterback. That opinion isn't going to change until HE goes out and changes it.

I'm not saying it for money, I don't care if it generates clicks, on a website forum I'm not affiliated with... I'm just saying it because I've genuinely  jumped off the Fields bandwagon. I'm just tired of the excuses, and tired of this franchise bending over backwards giving people chances based on their draft status. If he was an UDFA putting up ~2600 yards a season (his average passing yards per game stretched to 17 games.... which he hasn't yet played once) we'd already have moved on.

See now you are putting words into my mouth. I never once said that he is the guy or QB of the future, only that Bagent has no chance of playing over him if healthy. 

12 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

It absolutely is. I've just been listening to a few of his podcasts. No objectivity what so ever. Why are we more objective about Jordan Love than they are about Justin or any other improvement about this team? I'll never understand it. Them debating in their forum about which wide receiver group they'd take for the game had me rolling my eyes. 

If Watson was our WR1 they would be talking about him like they talk about Fields. If DJ was their WR1 he’d be about to have an all-pro season in their minds.

The Team Captains: Fields, Moore, Jackson, and Edmunds will lead the Bears to win against the Packers and go on to be a 10-7 Team.  Anything less than a 10-7 is disappointing.  We have enough fire power to win the North.  I'm betting Fields will throw over 4000 yards. 

I don't have any proof.... but just good feelings from all the upgrades and the schedules.