Bears/Packers- Week 1 GDT

beardown3231

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I really will never get this take when we don't have a lot of information on the issue...

What if he has a seriously sick kid? What if one of his parents is terminally ill? What if this guy is so depressed he is having suicidal thoughts?

All extreme examples and I really hope for him it is none of the above but am not going to slaughter a guy for missing a practice when I don't know why he is missing it...players don't play for coaches...men play for coaches...and if you don't treat people right then you will lose them real fast.

It isn’t hard to get.  They should give information if it is a sick or dying loved one.  People would understand.

Yes there is bereavement and sickness.  And we are all sympathetic to that and most will give people time and space for that. 

But what gets people angry or upset is not knowing.  Then they can imagine other things they are less forgiving about. And that he is still being paid.  Paid a lot.  And they think all humans have problems.  All of our loved ones get sick and will eventually die.   And we all get anxious and depressed and stressed.  We all have problems. 

They think I am anxious and depressed and if I don’t do my job today that’s fine, if my wife is divorcing me that sucks, but in all likelihood whatever I am feeling or going through I’m not getting paid for not doing my job today. So I still have to do my job anyway or I don’t eat.

For most that is not how life works.  They can’t say lady I didn’t put up your fence today because I was anxious and depressed.  But I need you to pay me anyway.  Please and thank you. 

And coaches, teammates, scouts, etc, are relying on him for their success.  And fans want to win.  

So it isn’t hard to understand people being upset at a physically healthy guy sitting out of work for an unknown reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It isn’t hard to get.  They should give information if it is a sick or dying loved one.  People would understand.

Yes there is bereavement and sickness.  And we are all sympathetic to that and most will give people time and space for that. 

But what gets people angry or upset is not knowing.  Then they can imagine other things they are less forgiving about. And that he is still being paid.  Paid a lot.  And they think all humans have problems.  All of our loved ones get sick and will eventually die.   And we all get anxious and depressed and stressed.  We all have problems. 

They think I am anxious and depressed and if I don’t do my job today that’s fine, if my wife is divorcing me that sucks, but in all likelihood whatever I am feeling or going through I’m not getting paid for not doing my job today. So I still have to do my job anyway or I don’t eat.

For most that is not how life works.  They can’t say lady I didn’t put up your fence today because I was anxious and depressed.  But I need you to pay me anyway.  Please and thank you. 

And coaches, teammates, scouts, etc, are relying on him for their success.  And fans want to win.  

So it isn’t hard to understand people being upset at a physically healthy guy sitting out of work for an unknown reason.

Yeah I couldn't disagree more...

Just because they are pro athletes doesn't mean it is any of our business.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Epyon said:

If he takes that kind of a step (LEAP) this season, he probably wins MVP, and even as an extreme doubter of his, I will go buy and proudly wear his jersey. Let's all hope your predictions are more accurate than mine, because that kind of production from JF1 makes us instant contenders in the NFC, and a real threat to be an outright elite team after next years draft.

Yes..., MVP conversation...... 

I think the top3 WRs and Top2 TEs are good enough for Fields to get to 4000yards this year.  The Bears need to run about 30-35 pass plays per game.  I think Fields can complete about 65% of it.  This should get Fields over 4000yds or very close to it which is good enough.

We have good DEs, good DTs, very good LBs, good CBs, and very good Ss.  This is good enough to stop half of the NFL on a normal day.

I have a feeling Walker is going to have a good game and a good season this year.  He is kind of under radar a bit.  

I was super excited about our starting five Oline in camp for about 5 minutes for first time in forever, but last several weeks as thrown cold water on all that.

I was ready to talk so much trash online, but the reshuffling with Jenkins injury and Davis not practicing has sapped some of my confidence.   

I am hoping I am pleasantly surprised at their performance.  I still think we are going to win.  I just think it is much closer deal now.