Bears/Packers- Week 1 GDT

beardown3231

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Doubs is practicing. Watson is not

GB's receivers are a pretty unknown group outside of those two, like it's a couple TEs and then a bunch of undrafted guys.  Would be incredibly nice to be on the other side of the field watching a young QB throw to nobodies who do him no favors!  

Guessing they're going to run more, I guess we get to see how improved our run D is against a pretty good OL and very good backs.  

And frankly unless the Bears win the Super Bowl I'm demanding my money back. 

Is this Nate Davis guy serious? What ******* now? What personal reason allows someone to go to work but not work? Trey Burton 2.0

Man I watched the clip of Nate Davis at practice. He looks like he's going through something in his personal life. I had the same thoughts as you but these guys are human too. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Man I watched the clip of Nate Davis at practice. He looks like he's going through something in his personal life. I had the same thoughts as you but these guys are human too. 

Yep, it sucks, but there is real life that we dont always think about.

The Staff doesnt seem pissed at him or anything, so you have to think its something real. 

Hopefully he gets everything straightened out and he can be part of this Line sooner than later. 

I'll be that guy: I hope he's fine but it's bizarre how he got $17M and now he's mentally unhealthy. I've seen this before with Trey Burton. Things do pop up but it doesn't make it any less aggravating as a fan & surely the front office isn't thrilled either

The Bears are going to have to beat GB without potentially their 2 best o-linemen & an absolute scrub at center

4 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

I'm betting Fields will throw over 4000 yards. 

If he takes that kind of a step (LEAP) this season, he probably wins MVP, and even as an extreme doubter of his, I will go buy and proudly wear his jersey. Let's all hope your predictions are more accurate than mine, because that kind of production from JF1 makes us instant contenders in the NFC, and a real threat to be an outright elite team after next years draft.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'll be that guy: I hope he's fine but it's bizarre how he got $17M and now he's mentally unhealthy. I've seen this before with Trey Burton. Things do pop up but it doesn't make it any less aggravating as a fan & surely the front office isn't thrilled either

The Bears are going to have to beat GB without potentially their 2 best o-linemen & an absolute scrub at center

What is happening today exactly w Davis. I saw that he did not practice for personal reasons. Is there more to this ? He will starting on Sunday.

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

If he takes that kind of a step (LEAP) this season, he probably wins MVP, and even as an extreme doubter of his, I will go buy and proudly wear his jersey. Let's all hope your predictions are more accurate than mine, because that kind of production from JF1 makes us instant contenders in the NFC, and a real threat to be an outright elite team after next years draft.

Bc of our 3 WRs he likely will be on pace for 4000  

17 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

What is happening today exactly w Davis. I saw that he did not practice for personal reasons. Is there more to this ? He will starting on Sunday.

He's been practicing for the last ~2 weeks and now today he showed up to HH but didn't practice for personal reasons. Based on the first few weeks of camp & now this + the almost sad look on his face and the look of concern on Eberflus' face leads a lot of people to believe it's mental health related, internal health related or a big issue in his personal life

I really will never get this take when we don't have a lot of information on the issue...

What if he has a seriously sick kid? What if one of his parents is terminally ill? What if this guy is so depressed he is having suicidal thoughts?

All extreme examples and I really hope for him it is none of the above but am not going to slaughter a guy for missing a practice when I don't know why he is missing it...players don't play for coaches...men play for coaches...and if you don't treat people right then you will lose them real fast.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I really will never get this take when we don't have a lot of information on the issue...

What if he has a seriously sick kid? What if one of his parents is terminally ill? What if this guy is so depressed he is having suicidal thoughts?

All extreme examples and I really hope for him it is none of the above but am not going to slaughter a guy for missing a practice when I don't know why he is missing it...players don't play for coaches...men play for coaches...and if you don't treat people right then you will lose them real fast.

If he has a sick kid or a terminally ill parent, shame on him for being a ****ty father/son. He shouldn't be in Lake Forest, IL at work. He should be with those loved ones.

If he's having suicidal thoughts, same goes as above. Get the hell off of the sideline & get help. If this is the case, the organization is doing him a disservice. 

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If he has a sick kid or a terminally ill parent, shame on him for being a ****ty father/son. He shouldn't be in Lake Forest, IL at work. He should be with those loved ones.

If he's having suicidal thoughts, same goes as above. Get the hell off of the sideline & get help. If this is the case, the organization is doing him a disservice. 

I think the point is nothing is black and white when it comes to these guys personal lives...much like our own...

Until we have more information I would rather we treated this guy and any other with a bit of kindness rather than thinking he has gotten paid and now can't be bothered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

@Madmike90 you are fired up  ! I like it. Must be Packer week.