2024 Draft

Ftn49

That new tracker of speed for WRs on those gauntlet drills or whatever they are called is so clutch. Track speed and playing speed are totally different. Some WRs can fly in a straight line but play slower when trying to reel in the ball. I bet if they had this for Deebo, he would have ranked one of the fastest in his class. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSNiners said:

You think he’s going that high? I was thinking he might be drafted in the 20s

Yeah, I do. A team is going to be intrigued with his physical skillset and will take him high. He's going to continue to impress in the draft process leading up to the draft. 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That new tracker of speed for WRs on those gauntlet drills or whatever they are called is so clutch. Track speed and playing speed are totally different. Some WRs can fly in a straight line but play slower when trying to reel in the ball. I bet if they had this for Deebo, he would have ranked one of the fastest in his class. 

I really love that as well. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I do. A team is going to be intrigued with his physical skillset and will take him high. He's going to continue to impress in the draft process leading up to the draft. 

It's a crowded top 12 and there's a lot of tackles to choose between. I think that Joe Alt is pretty clearly going first. He was just about the best run blocker and best pass protector in the class for years, and he also tested like a freak. Then you have some amalgamation of Fuaga (tested like a freak with slightly shorter arms than you like), Guyton (just as much of a freak as Mims), Latham (the best player of these in college and second to Alt as a do it all guy), and Olu Fashanu (the best pass protector of those in college, also tested freakily). I think the second guy that a team falls in love with of those goes in the top 12.

But that top 12 is CROWDED. Jared Verse is in competition; maybe Latu or Dallas Turner if they are your thing. Quinyon Mitchell and/or Nate Wiggins. All of the top 3 receivers probably. All of the top 3 quarterbacks probably. Brock Bowers possibly. There'll be guys from 12 to 20 that should go in the top 5 to 10 of any other draft.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Two of the 3 running backs were my favorite guys in the draft. I really think that Lloyd in particular is going to do an Alvin Kamara impression for a lucky team.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Pearsall or McConkey in this offense.

Especially Ladd, whose twitchiness is underrated imo, and he's got wheels.

I think either could really thrive in this scheme.

Those are two names @WR I will have my eye after Day 1.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Two of the 3 running backs were my favorite guys in the draft. I really think that Lloyd in particular is going to do an Alvin Kamara impression for a lucky team.

You like Lloyd and Guerendo? And I like wright  because of his pass pro lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Not a big fan of Lloyd. He bounces it out way too much and is one of the weaker RB's i have watched in reading the hole. He is one of the only "early" RB's i really don't want.

28 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Pearsall or McConkey in this offense.

Especially Ladd, whose twitchiness is underrated imo, and he's got wheels.

I think either could really thrive in this scheme.

Those are two names @WR I will have my eye after Day 1.

McConkey was so much fun to watch at the Senior Bowl.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

McConkey was so much fun to watch at the Senior Bowl.

He reminds me ALOT of Garrett Wilson, who imo is one of the best young WRs in the league.

4 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Not a big fan of Lloyd. He bounces it out way too much and is one of the weaker RB's i have watched in reading the hole. He is one of the only "early" RB's i really don't want.

Definitely agree that he could work on the vision. But he breaks tackles, has really good body control as a receiver, and smacked folks running option routes in senior bowl practice. If you care about receiver skills in your running backs, he's high on the list.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Definitely agree that he could work on the vision. But he breaks tackles, has really good body control as a receiver, and smacked folks running option routes in senior bowl practice. If you care about receiver skills in your running backs, he's high on the list.

I just think for us with CMC i would prefer a guy that can run those early downs to give him a breather and don't really value a guy that i think is worse on the ground than some others. And in the same vein as Lloyd i would much prefer Trey Benson. Same kind of problems but younger and an even better athlete.