2024 Draft

Ftn49

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Oh we drafting Roger at 31 looool

Wouldn't be too shocked. The ShannLynch 1st round selections are probably what started "are you smarter than an NFL gm".

I always prepare myself for disappointment. Just write down the names of players who would be a reach to be picked at 31 and that could be your draft night big board.

44 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Oh we drafting Roger at 31 looool

Rosengarten is a lot like Suamataia for me where he is obviously starter level athletic, but a bit all over the place. Didn’t like how he handled stunts. And inside counter moves. But his run blocking doesn’t make me want to gouge out my eyes, so you can see why Shanny +Lynch might prefer him lol. 

16 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Wouldn't be too shocked. The ShannLynch 1st round selections are probably what started "are you smarter than an NFL gm".

I always prepare myself for disappointment. Just write down the names of players who would be a reach to be picked at 31 and that could be your draft night big board.

I believe it was the great Trent Baalke that inspired that.

And i totally expect us to reach for a guy because that's just what we seem to do most of the time. I have said it many times already but our drafts are usually good if you reorder them 3/4 years in but in most cases our first rounder wouldn't be the top after reordering.

6 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Rosengarten is a lot like Suamataia for me where he is obviously starter level athletic, but a bit all over the place. Didn’t like how he handled stunts. And inside counter moves. But his run blocking doesn’t make me want to gouge out my eyes, so you can see why Shanny +Lynch might prefer him lol. 

Also, I don’t dig how top heavy Rosengarten is - leads to balance issues and leaning out. But his impressive reps are really neat.

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Also, I don’t dig how top heavy Rosengarten is - leads to balance issues and leaning out. But his impressive reps are really neat.

his build worries me the most.  His legs look skinny (but so are Trent Williams tbh).  He doesn't have the greatest balance and seems to have trouble anchoring. I'm not good at analyzing linemen or cornerbacks though, too much technique and I never played.   

I've been obsessing over this draft for a month now (thanks Kyle/CMC fumble/muffed punt/Dre's achilles etc) and I keep thinking that it's BEST to get the tackle out of the way early.  That way you can focus on the meat of the draft which is the early 2nd to the mid 4th.  I've also come to the conclusion that there will most likely be no one really worth the #31 pick that fills a need, except for my guy Ladd...but after that you got like Zach Frazier, Haynes or one of the DTs who really should be going in the middle of the 2nd/3rd.  

Their pick is kind of in no man's land unfortunately.  I wonder if they are thinking of the draft in the same way, to just get the OT out of the way early with Rosengarten (who is probably equal or better to Kingsley and Morgan as a tackle), that way they can really focus on the rest of the draft and try to even accumulate more picks using their 3 4th rounders.   It's really going to suck to see Detroit and GB get guys like DeJean and DRob while we sit in no man's land, but hopefully someone will fall.  

It's interesting that Washington moved Rosengarten to protect Penix's blindside as well, as he used to be a LT.  

It's honestly not that surprising if the league likes rosengarten more than the media. I won't be super happy with the pick though unless the belief is that he can come in and he a starting RT right away. 

I thought he could have gone back, flipped to the left and been a first round pick l with further development. When you consider that and NIL money this year, I have to imagine that he got a nice evaluation from the draft board to make the move now

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's honestly not that surprising if the league likes rosengarten more than the media. I won't be super happy with the pick though unless the belief is that he can come in and he a starting RT right away. 

I thought he could have gone back, flipped to the left and been a first round pick l with further development. When you consider that and NIL money this year, I have to imagine that he got a nice evaluation from the draft board to make the move now

That's really my hope for the 1st rounder this year, a player that can start right away and help win a ring. That's why I hope they go BPA on defense, or take a starting oline if one falls.

Developmental OL or WR don't excite me much with the 1st pick. I do believe Aiyuk, Deebo, and Jennings will all be niners next year. I don't see a rookie coming in and pushing for a ton of playing time. I want them to take one early though because they will probably be groomed for next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I won't be super happy with the pick though unless the belief is that he can come in and he a starting RT right away. 

I dunno if there are more than 3 guys who could start right away at RT.  I know Alt for sure.  Fashanu, and probably Fautanu.  Lathan i'm hearing might be too big and immobile for tackle, but he would probably be next on the list along with Fuaga.  

4 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

That's really my hope for the 1st rounder this year, a player that can start right away and help win a ring. That's why I hope they go BPA on defense, or take a starting oline if one falls.

Developmental OL or WR don't excite me much with the 1st pick. I do believe Aiyuk, Deebo, and Jennings will all be niners next year. I don't see a rookie coming in and pushing for a ton of playing time. I want them to take one early though because they will probably be groomed for next year.

I mean yeah I think Frazier could start, but is he worth #31?  Payton Wilson could start but is he?  Rakestraw maybe?  It's tough at #31 if the good guys are all gone (JPJ, Kool Aid, DRob, DeJean). 

3 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I dunno if there are more than 3 guys who could start right away at RT.  I know Alt for sure.  Fashanu, and probably Fautanu.  Lathan i'm hearing might be too big and immobile for tackle, but he would probably be next on the list along with Fuaga.  

If Orlando Brown can stick at tackle, Latham can. That said, Latham would immediately upgrade guard if you needed him to. Fuaga is the same. He's upgrading you immediately somewhere. 

Morgan could probably upgrade guard if you felt good about him or banks moving to the right side, but that's not always a given, tbh

15 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

That's why I've grown steadily more favorable to a trade up. Time for development is over. You're on a shrinking clock. If you get stuck at 31 and then want to move down, I'm for it because as @WhyAmIHere said, this really is a bit of a no man's land in this draft

Miami is the sweet spot. They have no third or fourth round picks. We have 4 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Don’t know why it’s brought up again on Twitter but we either have our visit coming up or another one with Javon Baker UCF WR. 

Believe it's the same one. Aaron Wilson was reporting another top 30 visit that Baker was having and his tweet included Baker's other visits which included the niners 

• Like 2

Baker is a smooth mfer.  He doesn't seem that explosive or athletic on film but he's always in control and seems like he does everything effortlessly.  Because he's always in control, he always has a good chance at getting jump balls or adjusting in mid air.  He looks like a pro, it's hard to explain but it gives me the same feeling as when I saw Crabtree.  He doesn't have to strain to do anything, and it's not due to lack of effort. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He and Guyton are so explosive in their sets and cover so much ground but do so a bit out of control and then are off balance into contact, but they are both such good athletes that they can make it work mostly. Really like how he gets his body turned to wall off in the run game and picks off linebackers. Pretty good anchor for a guy with such a small lower body. Sustaining down blocks less so. Hey, I dig the potential enough, at least. Folks are pretty Gaga over Guyton and they aren’t dissimilar. The shorter arms are a thing in that comparison, but Rosengarten’s aren’t bad for the shorter tackles. It’s not the worst. I’m intrigued by the wide range the consensus has on Rosengarten’s eval.